Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

TNN have reported that the average Indian spends a whopping 5,800 baht a day. 

This is almost as much as the Chinese who spend 6,400 baht daily. 

Where do these numbers come from?
Well, if it's true (what I don't think) you don't need other tourists!
Indians and Chinese spend much more than any other tourists, they must be rich, new rich clientele for smart taxi drivers and other cheaters and thieves!
Expect a strong price increase in all sectors!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

Uncle you beat me to it.

I get 6 months  by say 45000 a month, thats 270K, so Im only equal to like 3.3 Indian Tourists. Fats ones maybe, but only 3.3

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

$5,800 thb per day.  They must have forgot to mention that it includes a family of 14.  I owned a retail furniture store in the USA.  They would not spend $5,800 THB on a complete living room sofa, love seat, and coffee table set. 

Indeed. All sharing one room which should have large dresser drawers.

download (35).jpg

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

Too many beers mate. You are worth (10800/365)/58=0.51 Indians

So you are about half Indian, a wee bit more...

But I forgive you, as this goes a long way explaining some of Thai Immigration's current policies.

1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:

The Indians that can afford to spend that sort of money (and there are a lot of them) expect a lot more for their money than many Thai businesses are prepared to offer. They will negotiate for every purchase, which wears down the staff, so expect the prices to rise to allow some room for the negotiations to operates and leave some margin. This will have a flow on effect to the rest of the tourist industry.

When I ran a retail print business I made a habit of quoting all Indian and Chinese customers 20% above list price.

Purely a haggle margin as I found that in almost every case they would want to negotiate down by approximately that amount.

1 hour ago, rawhod said:

My annual spend averages out to at greater than 3,000 Baht per day.

That is only 51% of the daily average spend of the Indian tourist' whose virtues they are extolling, but who is only here for a few weeks.

However, I am here 365 days a year, but the Thai government, in their wisdom, are making it more & more difficult for me to stay in Thailand on my Retirement Extension, but easier for the Indian tourist.

"Daft I calls it"

58 minutes ago, starky said:

Cool love a mathematician. I drop 250k a month every month not inclusive of my kids private school fees and incidentals like car insurance and rego for the 2 cars and 5 motorbikes plus my health insurance is paid in AUS dollars so let's exclude that. So how many Indians am I worth? 

Amazing that when the topic is about Chinese and Indians, the expat farang community here spends millions of baht every year. But when the topic is farang specific, the average monthly spend hardly exceeds 25,000 baht. 

I dont know about indians but I'm living in the entrance of soi siam country club and I can talk only about chineses: 6 months ago a chinese couple has bought a pool villa 300 meters from mine. And every weeks I can see some chinese walking in my village looking for houses for sale.

Maybe less westeners with less money (= less beer bars and less people on walking street), but no problem for Thailand, the revenues coming from tourists will still increase every year.

1 hour ago, rawhod said:

My annual spend averages out to at greater than 3,000 Baht per day.

That is only 51% of the daily average spend of the Indian tourist' whose virtues they are extolling, but who is only here for a few weeks.

However, I am here 365 days a year, but the Thai government, in their wisdom, are making it more & more difficult for me to stay in Thailand on my Retirement Extension, but easier for the Indian tourist.

"Daft I calls it"

You are spending 90k per month but have visa problems? Something doesn't add up....

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I am on a classified mission in Pattaya right now and one of the girls said: "You smell good!"

I said "What do I smell like?"

She said "Nothing."

..and I thought she'd say "teen spirit"

Image result for smells like teen spirit

When I read the comments, one more time I can read cheap tourists from the past thinking that Thailand will remain cheap and forever.

And they think that the sky will fall if they wont come anymore.

They are completly wrong, indians and chineses will replace them and even more money will flow to Thailand.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Two million are expected to visit in 2019 - but that will rise to 14 million by the end of the next decade.

TNN have reported that the average Indian spends a whopping 5,800 baht a day. 

This is almost as much as the Chinese who spend 6,400 baht daily. 

It's almost sickening the way Thailand treats tourists as mere cash revenue, instead of welcoming visitors to the country!

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

Oh god, already predicting 2030? you believe people will come if everything is more expensive than their countries?

Yep in 2030 there will be 48 million Chinese , 20 million Indians and 4 remaining Brits , wont leave much room for the Thais !

2 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Ridiculous numbers, Chins spending where, 6400 b a day, paid to Chinese tourist company only

Yes they spend a fortune on Birds nest and Sharks fin soups. They also love eating Crab at the beach if you go Koh Larn all you can here is Chinese folks cracking crab shell.

32 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I am on a classified mission in Pattaya right now and one of the girls said: "You smell good!"

I said "What do I smell like?"

She said "Nothing."

Hey wahts going on in Patts, I need a change of air for a day or so

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's almost sickening the way Thailand treats tourists as mere cash revenue, instead of welcoming visitors to the country!

Well dude if you come to visit us the USA, most of us are only interested in your wallet

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

and still the girls do a runner .. 

5800 baht a day minus hotelroom , minus food money that they will spend in a indian owned restaurant , minus taxi , there will not be enough left to pay for the girl ofcourse they do a runner ????????

Archived