Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

webfact

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

555  These predictions are getting funnier and funnier!  Sure there will be an increase of some sort if you pour lots of cash into promoting LOS.  But to present pie in the sky numbers as hard facts is assuming people are stupider than they appear.  We may look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!  Well most of the time.  BTW, when they get to the theme park or zoo will they be paying the farang price or the Thai price? 

Totally agree ... My stomach hurts with laughter ... For whom the bell tolls

well, if that is meant as a tongue in cheek headline, then it is surely a tongue with a Colonist supremacist bias that echoes well among the contributors to this "discussion". 

Who keeps coming up with these ridiculous statements, nobody can predict what’s going to happen in 2030, only 12 months ago they predicted we were going to be overwhelmed with Chinese tourists, now they’ve almost disappeared, how come they didn’t predict that ?

and this morning saw 6 of them( 3 couples) trying to negotiate down a Tuk Tuk ride to a local Tesco/Lotus shop, normal ride costs 500 baht for up to 4 people, they were 6 and try to pay 400 baht

What BS....   Indians are known to be some of the cheapest people on the planet.  Always haggling for a cheaper price on everything...   I agree with many that the gov't wants Indians, and other middle east folks, to replace the western Caucasions.

3 hours ago, starky said:

As for theme parks has Thailand ever had a world class theme park? Ever? Na really just sayin 

Wasn't there a dinosaur theme park around emquartier? Until everything broke down after about six weeks.

I thought TAT was saying that visitors from Eastern Europe would be the next big thing. I guess they must take their place in line after the Indian and Chinese tourists.

I remember previous TAT figures which said that tourists from Africa were the highest spending per day. Obviously they should be targeted as the highest priority.

High time for these Indians to watch how mass tourism is ruining this beautiful country:

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-holiday-paradise-in-danger/av-49045913

Great report. The team even had minders sent by the Thai tourism authority to only report beautiful things. Well, that's difficult given the state of things.

I remember the day, not to far away, when plastic rubbish on beaches didn't even exist yet. Now? It's a tragedy.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

That is even a very generous figure. 

India will have to increase their domestic travel themselves for their economy to keep growing.

my cheapest holiday in Thailand was on an average of 6000 Baht a day, but that was even on holiday with my ex-girlfriend and her family.
It used to be cheaper but I stayed at more expensive lodgings.

1 hour ago, Spellforce said:

When I read the comments, one more time I can read cheap tourists from the past thinking that Thailand will remain cheap and forever.

And they think that the sky will fall if they wont come anymore.

They are completly wrong, indians and chineses will replace them and even more money will flow to Thailand.

Yep , its about time all those cheap Farangs ,who tout outside the several million tailor shops , buggered off elsewhere.

Archived