Big spending Indians - 5,800 baht a day - set to revolutionize Thai tourism!

webfact

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

$5,800 thb per day.  They must have forgot to mention that it includes a family of 14.  I owned a retail furniture store in the USA.  They would not spend $5,800 THB on a complete living room sofa, love seat, and coffee table set. 

It says 5800 baht not USD a day!! 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is Thailand so of course Thai food should dominate the menu,

The arrogance of expecting a country to change its tongue to English is beyond belief, (since the second largest "mother tongue" is Spanish) why cannot the farang here at least have a working understanding of Thai, and there are very good translation apps for short term tourists.

If you go to ANY neighbouring country you'll see thai food on their foodcourts...everywhere...

But on thai foodcourts in BKK you won't find malaysian or indonesian dishes. Korean and Japanese yes....only the foodcourt in central chidlom has a lot more.

30 minutes ago, aspenbkk said:

....indians contribute nothing very little spend money in thailand as i see and i have been going there for over  20 years and all they do is walk and walk and walk

If someone can explain to me why they persist to walk in the middle of the road even when there are sidewalks available.

I don't get it,

it's dangerous for them (They can be struck by a vehicle) and for the others (On your motorbike you need to make a hood to avoid them because they don't care and don't bother to push themselves on the side)

i am very surprised there is not more of them ending in the hospital because of this behaviour.

40 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Time for some simple maths.

Lets assume their average spend is indeed 5800 baht a day, as claimed.

But now lets propose the average stay is 7 days, because like the Chinese they come on short tours. If the air ticket averages 14000 baht and the hotel is 1000 a day, say, then the real spending is now 2800 a day. But I imagine they are also charged for airport transit and their daily shuttling back and forth to the zoo etc. Now the real local spending might start falling below 2000. Not so impressive now is it.

And if the actual spending isnt even the claimed 5800, then were talking the seriously stingy lot that we have actually been seeing.

Meanwhile, the government and immigration continue to drive away Westerners many of whom really are spending 5800 a day, not including tickets, for more like 7 weeks than 7 days, and on local businesses.

I will say one thing for Thailand...it does stupid like no other country on the planet.

Also they forget to mention added cost to Tourist Police subset for "Manners Police",

as these two Groups, Chinese and Indian, have the worst manners, of any I have encountered anywhere in the world. With only the exception of Africans.

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

555  These predictions are getting funnier and funnier!  Sure there will be an increase of some sort if you pour lots of cash into promoting LOS.  But to present pie in the sky numbers as hard facts is assuming people are stupider than they appear.  We may look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!  Well most of the time.  BTW, when they get to the theme park or zoo will they be paying the farang price or the Thai price? 

depends on, if have thai driving licence.....

May I classify these TAT messages as "Our wishes must become your command"?

First it were the farang.

Then it were the Russians.

After them the Chinese.

Now the Indians.

Strange thing is that all the group's after the farang seem to come once and don't return.

The farang tended to be return visitors, stayed for 2-3 weeks and spent their money in the local economy.

The Russians took over the local economy, profit went back to Russia.

The Chinese came for 4-5 days, spent nothing in the local economy, all money stayed in China or went back to China.

Time will tell how long Indians will spend in Thailand, how their holidays will be organised, if they will be repeat visitors

Thing is, not much will stream into the local economy.

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

May I classify these TAT messages as "Our wishes must become your command"?

First it were the farang.

Then it were the Russians.

After them the Chinese.

Now the Indians.

Strange thing is that all the group's after the farang seem to come once and don't return.

The farang tended to be return visitors, stayed for 2-3 weeks and spent their money in the local economy.

The Russians took over the local economy, profit went back to Russia.

The Chinese came for 4-5 days, spent nothing in the local economy, all money stayed in China or went back to China.

Time will tell how long Indians will spend in Thailand, how their holidays will be organised, if they will be repeat visitors

Thing is, not much will stream into the local economy.

i spent 1750 filling my truck up that was all in one day....

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

Don't put yourself down, you are worth at least 555

Don’t they have theme parks or zoos in India? 
if they do they can’t be any worst kept than THAI ones surely 

plus a family of say 10 will they pay tourist prices ? 
tell you a quick story , I was queuing for a drink on a beach at Koh Larn only last week , a group of 6-7 Indians guys ordering a melon shake .. only one mind .. she made it and said 80 bht , to which one guy ‘ the leader ‘ by the looks , says “ I only want to try it first “ not buy ????????. To which and he had already had a sip buy then said he never liked it .. ????. The lady making it went ballistic shouting and screaming a THAI guy came over from the same shop I guess , and threw a punch at him .. big argument, 5-6 min and they all walked off .. , Er can I have a pineapple shake please ????

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

But they still pay for one girl to service all 10 of them.

This story is just taking a <deleted>. 

Some of the 'Indian bashing' is quite provocating......

Remember:

1) India was left a poor country - what little an individual now has is a direct result of blood, sweat and tears; the perceived value of money is different in their culture compared to the 'hand-out' systems in western countries.

2) Credit cards are not generally used to fund holidays or other everyday expenses. Mortgages are a rarity.

3) Much like the majority of affluent westerners, affluent Indians do not choose Thailand as a holiday destination, let alone for retirement purposes.

4) If truth be known, there is very little, by way of 'tourism' that does not already exist in India. My guess is those Indians who venture the short hop to Thailand probably do it for the experience of flying & perhaps the fake goods! It is certainly not for the temples, beaches, noise, pollution & zoos.

Food for thought perhaps.....

55 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If someone can explain to me why they persist to walk in the middle of the road even when there are sidewalks available.

I don't get it,

it's dangerous for them (They can be struck by a vehicle) and for the others (On your motorbike you need to make a hood to avoid them because they don't care and don't bother to push themselves on the side)

i am very surprised there is not more of them ending in the hospital because of this behaviour.

I know , I drives me MAD ! .. I sometimes clip them with my elbow now , you toot toot , and they still don’t get out the way .. morons 

they don’t have paths in India ? 

6 hours ago, starky said:

Where are these wonderful theme parks and zoos? Surely not places like the tiger temple or other Victorian era exploitive animal traps where the occupants are mistreated and starving. As for theme parks has Thailand ever had a world class theme park? Ever? Na really just sayin 

Bangla road is the best theme park.

1 hour ago, WhatupThailand said:

Also they forget to mention added cost to Tourist Police subset for "Manners Police",

as these two Groups, Chinese (...)

Spot on! I lived for a while in China, and Chinese people told me that they(!!) themselves were the tourists with the worst manners. Everyone knows that; mainland China tourists themselves, Hong Kong residents, the Japanese, New Zealanders, Australians, etc. 

But for the corrupt Thai upper-class it doesn't matter as they can make more profit from large Chinese tour groups than from individual tourists...

Lots of wealth Indians and Nepali's have been to Thailand before but they do not return. They know racism when they feel it.

Beaches are better in India, Goa and Kerala, they also have Andaman Islands and Lakshadweep.

Indians have heard of the famous sex in Thailand, that is all they might come for. Even that is not so great.

Just 6-8 weeks ago, I sat in an outdoor restaurant/beergarden in BKK and observed how four (4!) Indian blokes sat at a table sharing one (1!!) SMALL bottle of.... wait for it..... water. 

They took up two (2!!) tables and eight (8!!) chairs.

Do the maths - 4 customers sharing 1 bottle of water, occupying 8 seats.

How the duck did these people come up with their numbers?!?! 

I have nothing against the people from the subcontinent, quite the opposite actually, but I don't see them spending this kind of money.

Keep reading how big Indians are spending, but keep seeing 4 sharing a bottle of water from 7-11 and 2 sharing one bed in hotel.

Keep reading how Indians are buying big but keep seeing Indians trying to get bargain in 7-11

Keep reading how Indians spend big on food and drinks, but keep seeing indians sharing 5 chicken nuggets between 8 men and sharing 1 bottle of Heineken between 5 .

So where can i go to see Indians spending big? Anyone have a suggestion?

8 hours ago, nev said:

Welcome to you Indian's and Chinese us whities are no longer wanted here we are systematically being eradicated from here.

They want "quality tourists", Westerners don't spend enough...

image.png.5afe6ce46e3108c59d279f34de6d0226.png 

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

5800 X 14 days = 81,2000

my expenses approximately.  not including one time costs like motorcycle, scooter:

90,000 X 12 months disposable income = 1,080,000.00

1,080,000.00 / by 81,200 = 13.3

so I am worth 13.3 Indian tourists. :clap2:

Just about every American I know here is at same level. but if you take photo from Helicopter I am just one dot (me and my Family) not a big Blob. Remember everyone it that big blob does NOT spend... They spend the same as every Falang does, every retiree does just that it is not news!!

Well I'm paid up for 3.33 years after 1,689,000b x3 Hospital bills, That I paid!!! Hell with Insurance!! (5,067,00b total plus 6-8,000b monthly. Don't want my money? other Countries would gladly accept it... seeing it has all been a waste.... I will soon go for 3rd surgery since they have yet to fix issue without creating new... Doctors here seem to like my money even if Thailand does not......

Archived