Real estate firm surveys Hua Hin property market

webfact

Real estate firm surveys Hua Hin property market

By The Nation

800_f6c0fff3c448b11.jpg?v=1572239577

Condos make up the highest demand in real estate purchases, Plus Property announced on Monday, citing its recent survey of the Hua Hin-Cha Am market, which saw 11,700 units up for sale in the first six months of 2019, with a 76-per-cent take up.

The Hua Hin zone near the sea is the most popular, with 70 per cent of the units offered selling fast, aided by the recent reduction transfer fees and easing in access to mortgages. Condos priced under Bt3 million are the most popular.

New condos coming on the market were given as 1,000-2,000 per year representing 50 per cent of the supply in Cha-am though sales were higher in Hua Hin. The latter city boasts 3 zones of condominium development – the beach zone, the sea zone and the mountain zone, with the sea zone proving the most popular as prices are not as high as the beach area but the blocks are closer to the sea than those in the mountain zone.

Of the 5,200 units available in Hua Hin, 3,700 are units in the zone near the sea and are in condo projects that still have units left for sale, They also have the highest selling rate at 81 per cent and an average selling price of approximately Bt88,000 per square metre, almost 30-per-cent lower than the average selling price in the beach zone where condos cost Bt120,000 per square meter.

Four new projects have been developed over the past 2 years, 3 of them in the center of Hua Hin and on Petchkasem Road, which is very convenient for residents as it is within walking distance to the beach, shopping centres, hospitals and also cheaper than the beach zone.

The recent reduction in the transfer fees and housing loan measures of the Government Housing Bank have made condominiums costing no more than Bt3 million the most viable buys.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377807

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-28

Some friends and acquaintances who bought villas in Hua Hin were very disappointed with the services from the farang real estate developper unfortunately.

Work was not finished in time, poor follow up once all the money was paid, the extras took ages to be completed and the buyers had to run after the developpers for months for the work to be finished and much more.....the golden rule seems to be in Thailand never to buy....rent !

Good evening,

They were lucky to be able to live there.
A HUA HIN, about sixty "owners" of a condo, run for 8 years behind fleeing developers.
No finishing, and 100% loss for these unfortunate future / ex owners.
As for the lawyers, it is better to forget them.

Where are all the 'new' condos in Hua Hin?

I have seen or read about only 4 new developments in the past 12 months.

As for the Cha Am area, there seems to be 3 halted developments.

Maybe Property Plus could provide the names and addresses of all these developments.

I live besides a large condo which was built 5-6 years ago in south Hua Hin - about 50% of the units remain unsold, and this appears to be the norm, rather than the exception in Hua HIn.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, observer90210 said:

Some friends and acquaintances who bought villas in Hua Hin were very disappointed with the services from the farang real estate developper unfortunately.

Work was not finished in time, poor follow up once all the money was paid, the extras took ages to be completed and the buyers had to run after the developpers for months for the work to be finished and much more.....the golden rule seems to be in Thailand never to buy....rent !

I believe that western land agents/westerners working in realty in Hua Hin are not worth the trouble. Had experience a few years ago looking at properties and developments and the few I dealt with were useless....stick to Thais and then only females.

10 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I believe that western land agents/westerners working in realty in Hua Hin are not worth the trouble. Had experience a few years ago looking at properties and developments and the few I dealt with were useless....stick to Thais and then only females.

Very true. Many farang house developpers in Hua Hin are not reliable and the work paid for is either never finished, badly done or just not done despite having paid the money. It's a real trap and avoid real estate, buying a house in Hua Hin. Now some may come up with the usual I-never-had-a-problem....but on the whole, avoid buying...rather rent.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, observer90210 said:

Work was not finished in time, poor follow up once all the money was paid.

That says it all. The golden rule in Thailand is never, ever pay all the money, without getting everything you were promised, in the condition you were promised, without any issues, or problems. Period. No exceptions. Once you pay ALL the money, all bets are off. Very few ever do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. Hold back some money, and chances are they will take care of the issues. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Work was not finished in time, poor follow up once all the money was paid.

That says it all. The golden rule in Thailand is never, ever pay all the money, without getting everything you were promised, in the condition you were promised, without any issues, or problems. Period. No exceptions. Once you pay ALL the money, all bets are off. Very few ever do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. Hold back some money, and chances are they will take care of the issues. 

When I purchased my house (6 years back), they wanted me to do the transfer when the house was finished, but the road and pavement was unlaid and no grass in the garden.

I refused, saying finish the road first, they argued "this is the Thai way", I said, "no road, no money".

The next month the road was finished, and I went ahead with the transfer.

57 minutes ago, garyk said:

Renting is dirt cheap in Thailand, why on earth would an expat or foreigner buy a condo? 

Not everyone wants to live in a dirt cheap <deleted>ty shoebox. You move to 3rd world for a big step up from your western life but for most they end up up living way below Thai middle class levels and more in line with poor lower class thais..Its sad to see ????

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Not everyone wants to live in a dirt cheap <deleted>ty shoebox. You move to 3rd world for a big step up from your western life but for most they end up up living way below Thai middle class levels and more in line with poor lower class thais..Its sad to see ????

All you have to do is go to the condo buildings and ask if any are for rent. I did it for years. If I didn't like the place I would belly up to the next newest condo. They build those things all over the place. They are a dime a dozen in Thailand.

Thai's buy those condos for rental income. I ran across some pretty good places.

13 hours ago, garyk said:

All you have to do is go to the condo buildings and ask if any are for rent. I did it for years. If I didn't like the place I would belly up to the next newest condo. They build those things all over the place. They are a dime a dozen in Thailand.

Thai's buy those condos for rental income. I ran across some pretty good places.

Sure but they all have <deleted> furniture , seems its all made from compressed cardboard, vinyl sweaty lounges ,10 year old T V and concrete mattress. I often rent for a month in jomtien and last place i walked in threw my bags on the floor dropped on the bed and promptly snapped the base and I'm not a fat <deleted> lol. It was made from balsa wood or termites hollowed it out ! lucky the landlord accepted it was the cheapest frame in all of pattaya

And always the chance of losing your deposit as mentioned in hundreds of threads ??

screw living like that! not for me . I love the look on girls faces when they walk into my bangkok condo,,priceless or at least 2000 baht lol

16 hours ago, madmen said:

Sure but they all have <deleted> furniture , seems its all made from compressed cardboard, vinyl sweaty lounges ,10 year old T V and concrete mattress. I often rent for a month in jomtien and last place i walked in threw my bags on the floor dropped on the bed and promptly snapped the base and I'm not a fat <deleted> lol. It was made from balsa wood or termites hollowed it out ! lucky the landlord accepted it was the cheapest frame in all of pattaya

And always the chance of losing your deposit as mentioned in hundreds of threads ??

screw living like that! not for me . I love the look on girls faces when they walk into my bangkok condo,,priceless or at least 2000 baht lol

Haha, ok.  But that was one of my tests before I would rent anything. The bed had to be good, a really good mattress, and very comfortable. Believe it or not, not all like you describe. But, I have to admit I have had to pass up quite a few because of the hard bed.  

Guess it is a personal thing. I never did like having to be stuck in one place. 

I rented in Thailand for 10 years and never once lost my deposit? And I traveled from Malaysia all the way to Thailand many times staying a few months in places. So at least 50-60 rentals with a deposit.

Have fun.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, BritManToo said:

When I purchased my house (6 years back), they wanted me to do the transfer when the house was finished, but the road and pavement was unlaid and no grass in the garden.

I refused, saying finish the road first, they argued "this is the Thai way", I said, "no road, no money".

The next month the road was finished, and I went ahead with the transfer.

hahaha whenever i hear "this is the Thai way" i always reply "well this is the Farang way, you want the money or not?!" - always works ????

On 11/8/2019 at 12:02 AM, garyk said:

Renting is dirt cheap in Thailand, why on earth would an expat or foreigner buy a condo? 

don't know about condos but with our last house we got 6 years free rent, 20% capital gain and a 25% currency appreciation plus despite all calls to the contrary it was remarkably easy to sell once "refurbed" (note redecorated!  thais will buy anything shiny lol)

so thats a 1.5M loss in rent versus a 3.8M gain in rent saved and capital/currency growth on a small 4M baht property ????

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

don't know about condos but with our last house we got 6 years free rent, 20% capital gain and a 25% currency appreciation plus despite all calls to the contrary it was remarkably easy to sell once "refurbed" (note redecorated!  thais will buy anything shiny lol)

so thats a 1.5M loss in rent versus a 3.8M gain in rent saved and capital/currency growth on a small 4M baht property ????

Yeah, but for every guy that made a profit, there's 10 guys that lost it all to a scheming Thai whore.

I've already lost 60% of my life assets to a scheming Brit whore, I'm not risking my judgement on the quality of females again.

My girl's different, OK, but last time she wasn't.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:02 AM, garyk said:

I would never live in a condo, I need a house with land and doors that go outside, we live in a home we own, personally I would not dream of renting, never have - each to their own. ???? 

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, but for every guy that made a profit, there's 10 guys that lost it all to a scheming Thai whore.

I've already lost 60% of my life assets to a scheming Brit whore, I'm not risking my judgement on the quality of females again.

yeah i hear this a lot but i'm still waiting to actually meet one of these "scammed" guys in real life. its at about 10:0 the other way round where i am.

weird, we must hang around in different circles & i've got lucky friends

36 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

yeah i hear this a lot but i'm still waiting to actually meet one of these "scammed" guys in real life. its at about 10:0 the other way round where i am.

All my pals got taken by Brit women back in our home country.

Most of us are too leery to try it again in Thailand.

But I guess there's a few guys that never learn.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:40 AM, GeorgeCross said:

I find that very hard to believe. Actually impossible to believe.. haha

On 11/10/2019 at 3:02 AM, BritManToo said:

You are a wise man, you can tell a guy that actually lives in Thailand, and the ones that live in a dream world.  haha

I traveled in Thailand allot and the guys that have been scammed are unreal. I have talked to many many guys and the first thing out of their mouths is don't get married and don't buy land and build  a house for your Thai honey...  

Not only in Thailand but in Asia in general. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, garyk said:

I find that very hard to believe. Actually impossible to believe.. haha

yeah ok, maybe its because i don't do bar life - all the guys i know from my boy's school and my married friends have successful marriages. they don't do bars either in fact its rare to see any of these guys out and about, too busy with their families and businesses

who know's maybe all our scamming wife's will someday show their true colors!

until then.. ????

I recently looked at a number of condos for sale in HuaHin. Half of what I was shown (resales, not new) aren’t listed for sale on any website.

I suspect there is a hell of a lot of “shadow inventory” out there.

Supply....meet demand.

Archived