BANGKOK
webfact

Real estate firm surveys Hua Hin property market

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Not everyone wants to live in a dirt cheap <deleted>ty shoebox. You move to 3rd world for a big step up from your western life but for most they end up up living way below Thai middle class levels and more in line with poor lower class thais..Its sad to see 😥

All you have to do is go to the condo buildings and ask if any are for rent. I did it for years. If I didn't like the place I would belly up to the next newest condo. They build those things all over the place. They are a dime a dozen in Thailand.

Thai's buy those condos for rental income. I ran across some pretty good places.

Edited by garyk

13 hours ago, garyk said:

All you have to do is go to the condo buildings and ask if any are for rent. I did it for years. If I didn't like the place I would belly up to the next newest condo. They build those things all over the place. They are a dime a dozen in Thailand.

Thai's buy those condos for rental income. I ran across some pretty good places.

Sure but they all have <deleted> furniture , seems its all made from compressed cardboard, vinyl sweaty lounges ,10 year old T V and concrete mattress. I often rent for a month in jomtien and last place i walked in threw my bags on the floor dropped on the bed and promptly snapped the base and I'm not a fat <deleted> lol. It was made from balsa wood or termites hollowed it out ! lucky the landlord accepted it was the cheapest frame in all of pattaya

And always the chance of losing your deposit as mentioned in hundreds of threads ??

screw living like that! not for me . I love the look on girls faces when they walk into my bangkok condo,,priceless or at least 2000 baht lol

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, madmen said:

Sure but they all have <deleted> furniture , seems its all made from compressed cardboard, vinyl sweaty lounges ,10 year old T V and concrete mattress. I often rent for a month in jomtien and last place i walked in threw my bags on the floor dropped on the bed and promptly snapped the base and I'm not a fat <deleted> lol. It was made from balsa wood or termites hollowed it out ! lucky the landlord accepted it was the cheapest frame in all of pattaya

And always the chance of losing your deposit as mentioned in hundreds of threads ??

screw living like that! not for me . I love the look on girls faces when they walk into my bangkok condo,,priceless or at least 2000 baht lol

Haha, ok.  But that was one of my tests before I would rent anything. The bed had to be good, a really good mattress, and very comfortable. Believe it or not, not all like you describe. But, I have to admit I have had to pass up quite a few because of the hard bed.  

Guess it is a personal thing. I never did like having to be stuck in one place. 

I rented in Thailand for 10 years and never once lost my deposit? And I traveled from Malaysia all the way to Thailand many times staying a few months in places. So at least 50-60 rentals with a deposit.

Have fun.

Edited by garyk

On 11/8/2019 at 12:02 AM, garyk said:

Renting is dirt cheap in Thailand, why on earth would an expat or foreigner buy a condo? 

Maybe they want a house to live in long term? 

On 11/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, BritManToo said:

When I purchased my house (6 years back), they wanted me to do the transfer when the house was finished, but the road and pavement was unlaid and no grass in the garden.

I refused, saying finish the road first, they argued "this is the Thai way", I said, "no road, no money".

The next month the road was finished, and I went ahead with the transfer.

hahaha whenever i hear "this is the Thai way" i always reply "well this is the Farang way, you want the money or not?!" - always works 😆

• Like 1

Renting is dirt cheap in Thailand, why on earth would an expat or foreigner buy a condo? 

don't know about condos but with our last house we got 6 years free rent, 20% capital gain and a 25% currency appreciation plus despite all calls to the contrary it was remarkably easy to sell once "refurbed" (note redecorated!  thais will buy anything shiny lol)

so thats a 1.5M loss in rent versus a 3.8M gain in rent saved and capital/currency growth on a small 4M baht property 😉

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

don't know about condos but with our last house we got 6 years free rent, 20% capital gain and a 25% currency appreciation plus despite all calls to the contrary it was remarkably easy to sell once "refurbed" (note redecorated!  thais will buy anything shiny lol)

so thats a 1.5M loss in rent versus a 3.8M gain in rent saved and capital/currency growth on a small 4M baht property 😉

Yeah, but for every guy that made a profit, there's 10 guys that lost it all to a scheming Thai whore.

I've already lost 60% of my life assets to a scheming Brit whore, I'm not risking my judgement on the quality of females again.

My girl's different, OK, but last time she wasn't.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I would never live in a condo, I need a house with land and doors that go outside, we live in a home we own, personally I would not dream of renting, never have - each to their own. 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, but for every guy that made a profit, there's 10 guys that lost it all to a scheming Thai whore.

I've already lost 60% of my life assets to a scheming Brit whore, I'm not risking my judgement on the quality of females again.

yeah i hear this a lot but i'm still waiting to actually meet one of these "scammed" guys in real life. its at about 10:0 the other way round where i am.

weird, we must hang around in different circles & i've got lucky friends

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

yeah i hear this a lot but i'm still waiting to actually meet one of these "scammed" guys in real life. its at about 10:0 the other way round where i am.

All my pals got taken by Brit women back in our home country.

Most of us are too leery to try it again in Thailand.

But I guess there's a few guys that never learn.

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All my pals got taken by Brit women back in our home country.

Most of us are too leery to try it again in Thailand.

ah, sorry it didn't work so well for you and your pals :jap:

On 11/10/2019 at 3:40 AM, GeorgeCross said:

I find that very hard to believe. Actually impossible to believe.. haha

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 3:02 AM, BritManToo said:

You are a wise man, you can tell a guy that actually lives in Thailand, and the ones that live in a dream world.  haha

I traveled in Thailand allot and the guys that have been scammed are unreal. I have talked to many many guys and the first thing out of their mouths is don't get married and don't buy land and build  a house for your Thai honey...  

Not only in Thailand but in Asia in general. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, garyk said:

I find that very hard to believe. Actually impossible to believe.. haha

yeah ok, maybe its because i don't do bar life - all the guys i know from my boy's school and my married friends have successful marriages. they don't do bars either in fact its rare to see any of these guys out and about, too busy with their families and businesses

who know's maybe all our scamming wife's will someday show their true colors!

until then.. 😉

Edited by GeorgeCross

I recently looked at a number of condos for sale in HuaHin. Half of what I was shown (resales, not new) aren’t listed for sale on any website.

I suspect there is a hell of a lot of “shadow inventory” out there.

Supply....meet demand.

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1