EU grants UK a Brexit extension until 31 January 2020

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You're the one who twice got it wrong and are not big enough to acknowledge the fact, so I hardly need any advice from you.

Now you've got your hat-trick of nonsense by your comment "It did NOT invalidate the referendum...." You miss the point that it COULD not have invalidated the referendum because, as the referendum was not legaly binding, there is no legal basis for declaring it invalid as a result of fraud. Had the referendum been binding (as many Leavers now pretend it was), it might well have been ruled invalid owing to the high level of fraud commited by the Leave campaign.

The Remainers were the ones that misread the rules and thought that winning any 'referendum fraud' claim would get them a Mulligan, not me. When they belatedly realized that a 'do-over' would require a completely new parliamentary bill to request a completely new referendum, they galloped off and tilted at some other windmills instead.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, nauseus said:

Yes. But very different from kicking, screaming and dishonouring election manifestos and your own constituency voters!

The only kicking and screaming has been Bojo throwing the toys out the pram.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, NanLaew said:

Nothing there that explains why the referendum counting areas are different from the electoral voting constituencies despite referendum voting using electoral voting constituency boundaries.

Thanks for trying the link anyway.

The EC runs referendums and they do not run elections, nothing difficult in that.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The Remainers were the ones that misread the rules and thought that winning any 'referendum fraud' claim would get them a Mulligan, not me. When they belatedly realized that a 'do-over' would require a completely new parliamentary bill to request a completely new referendum, they galloped off and tilted at some other windmills instead.

Wrong again.  JC could have taken no deal off the table and had another referendum at any time of his choosing since the last election. Just refused to admit he was a closet brexiteer.

Bojo is running out of tactics to get what he wants and has resorted to conning the public like a modern day Arthur Daley.

"You make contact with your customer. Understand their needs. And then flog them something they could well do without.”

https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/remembering-george-cole-8-of-arthur-daleys-funniest-quotes-11363996520714

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you read back properly you may be able to reply in context.

Enoch Powell never accepted the 75 referendum. He called the result Provisional  and the campaign to wuthdraw the UK would continue.

This i understand was 2 weeks after the vote.

15 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Enoch Powell never accepted the 75 referendum. He called the result Provisional  and the campaign to wuthdraw the UK would continue.

This i understand was 2 weeks after the vote.

Powell was consistent all the way through and beyond, as were a few others. Their own constituency voters were quite aware of their eviews on the EEC. But as I said, a very different lot today.

On 10/31/2019 at 3:17 PM, nauseus said:

If you read back properly you may be able to reply in context.

With the term "kicking and screaming" in more than one post, which would you be referring to.

As said the only kicking and screaming has come from the infantile Bojo.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

With the term "kicking and screaming" in more than one post, which would you be referring to.

As said the only kicking and screaming has come from the infantile Bojo.

Then we disagree. 

On 11/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, nauseus said:

Powell was consistent all the way through and beyond, as were a few others. Their own constituency voters were quite aware of their eviews on the EEC. But as I said, a very different lot today.

If it  was acceprable for leavers to regard the 1975 result as provisional.

Why cannot remainers view the 2016 result the same 

11 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

In 1975 the result was remain (wrong result)

In 2016 the result was leave (right result).

Brexiteers prerogative.

37 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

You are wrongly using the views of a few individuals and applying them to a broad group (leavers).

The 1975 result was accepted by the majority of leavers. The 2016 result was not accepted by the majority of remainers.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:03 PM, DannyCarlton said:

It's an illustration that even remainers can be stuffed by their MPs. Her constituents were strongly remain, her constituents were anti foxhunting, Labour voters were, remain in the majority, Labour voters were strongly anti foxhunting. She consistently voted against the will of her constituents and her party.

Luckily for her constituents, she's standing down for this election.

Don,t remember getting a vote on fox hunting,how many hunts are there in vauxhall?

On 10/30/2019 at 3:59 AM, nauseus said:

She is a long-serving and prominent Labour leave campaigner who has already said that she will not stand, at least as a Labour candidate. But she was returned to her very strong remain area seat (Vauxhall) in 2017. If she does stand, it will probably be with the Brexit Party.   

Vauxhall do,'es have a large intake of Portuguese migrants

On 10/30/2019 at 2:54 AM, nauseus said:

Wrong again. Eurosceptics might never have liked the result of the 1975 referendum but they did not kick and scream to have it overturned, like remainers have over the last 3 years. That's the difference.

And all their kicking and scheming,sorry screaming has done is ensure the uk hands are tied when they try to negotiate a deal,and if they get their wish and we stay in,the eu will just kak all over us,even more than they,'ve previously done.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, DannyCarlton said:

In 1975 the result was remain (wrong result)

In 2016 the result was leave (right result).

Brexiteers prerogative.

Farage wants another referendum on PR - we've had one already Nige. If you ask me he's gone mad now.Not standing for his own party in the election and exclaiming there will be no brexit without the Brexit Party and laying into the Tories - keep up the good work. Remainers /Labourites couldn't hope for a better result  -almost tempted to go under cover and help them in a key seat to deny a Tory breakthrough. I know all the key messages from the Brexiteers who have so valiantly fought on these threads. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_United_Kingdom_Alternative_Vote_referendum

Yes:
6,152,607 (32.10%)

No:
13,013,123 (67.90%)

Nigel starts 13 minutes in if you want to avoid tedious Tice - he's gone full Trump now. Make Britain Great Again !

• 2 weeks later...

There will be some consolations from a Johnson MAJORITY.

1) The short lived Boris bounce where we should hopefully get 40+ baht to the pound  - I'm looking at a big sterling transfer so go BJ go.

2) Seeing the bonehead Brexiteers who could vote him in getting royally shafted by the liar-in-chief (we did warn you).

3) Farage will f'off and leave the pitch with his pound shop neo-fascism to make big bucks in the Us - don't come back. 

4) Elements of the working class will get a cruel lesson in real politik - let's hope they become more progressive rather than go full on fascist. 

5) He will never darken the doors of northern hospitals and schools ever again. 

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/time-for-tories-to-show-some-of-the-brexit-partys-grace/

The trouble is that whatever may be going on behind the scenes, all that we (would be Brexit Party voters) can see is a Tory Party immediately and ruthlessly banking the Farage concession, yet declining to reciprocate in Leave-voting but Labour-held seats, which they’ve no chance of winning anyway because the Tory brand is so toxic.

It does not bode well. Nor did last night’s FT’s Brexit briefing that dropped into my in-tray, already anticipating Johnson’s limbering up to betray Farage.  It will soon be July 2020, it reminded us, the point at which Johnson has to decide whether to extend the transition period for at least another year.

‘. . (and) the worst-kept secret in Westminster is that Mr Johnson will do all that he can to avoid no deal . . . But if he wins a convincing majority, he will have the political capital to extend and talk, extend and talk.’That equals betrayal. And who knows then how the grievance will express itself? I would not be in Farage’s shoes for the world. So much rests on this one remarkable man – and his next move. I hope he has the Trump rule book to hand.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-candidate-switching-to-ukip-says-farage-owes-him-10-000-1-6370789

Image result for poster

Archived