49 minutes ago, RWPhila said:

Does my wife have to sign the copies of her ID and house book before submitting them to register for the online TM30 app?

I didn't use the app, but registered on the IO TM30 website.  I uploaded a scan of the house-book and a signed scan of front-back of my girlfriend's ID card (she is owner of the property).  Worked fine.

18 minutes ago, Headgame said:

Is it possible to register as a "foreigner" so that I can do my own TM30 filings as I move around the country instead of the hotel or wherever I might stay?

When you register for online TM30 reporting you can only do a report for the address used for the registration.

• Like 1

I tried to download the app on Android, but it would not load on my phone. It said that my phone was not supported ( Huawei Mate 10 Pro). I find this unusual since I'm running Android 9 and never had an issue before.

Has anyone else had this problem?

10 hours ago, Martyp said:

To get the app from the Apple store you have to change your phone location to Thailand to get to the Thai Apple store. It is easy to find and download after that. The app is not available in the USA Apple store

You can also download the Section38 apk file. Just google it,download it and install it. No need to change location. 

I successfully registered for the Section 38 app a month or so ago.  Two days ago, after flying back in to Chiangmai from Taiwan, I spent over an hour trying to do the updating with the app and eventually was successful (and took photos of all the screen shots to prove I had updated).  On Monday, since I was nearby, I went to Immigration simply to make sure I was okay with them and to ask a question or two.  Got a queue number on the third floor and had to wait 20-30 minutes until it was my turn.  I advised the young lady why I was there (handing her the printout of the successful updating along with my passport) and she kept asking me if I was the owner of the townhouse (to which I told her no, I was just the renter).  She didn't like that (seemingly insisting that only the owner can use the app), tossed my printout into the waste basket (rudely not returning it to me), and then proceeded to place the regular update stamp (actually, only a date) on the TM30 Receipt of Notification stapled in the back of my passport.

In reality, CM Immigration is so fast with the updating that it's actually easier to simply go there and have them update it and that's what I will do in the future (so far, we in Chiangmai only have to update when re-entering the country).  But it does irritate me to some degree that the young lady wouldn't accept that I had already updated using the Section 38 app. 

On 10/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, Headgame said:

Is it possible to register as a "foreigner" so that I can do my own TM30 filings as I move around the country instead of the hotel or wherever I might stay?

Yes,you can register as a foreigner submitting the first page in your rental contract and the photo page in your passport. That's what I did.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:42 AM, Martyp said:

To get the app from the Apple store you have to change your phone location to Thailand to get to the Thai Apple store. It is easy to find and download after that. The app is not available in the USA Apple store.

Another way to install Section38 without changing location in the phone: Download Section38 apk and install the file.

https://apkgk.com/th.go.immigration.section38

On 11/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, Max69xl said:

Yes,you can register as a foreigner submitting the first page in your rental contract and the photo page in your passport. That's what I did.

Is this legit? Are others doing the same?