Woman expat to be charged for tour van collision in Rawai

webfact

Yep, we have a lot of farangs that can´t drive here too. if at fault she should be charged.

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Watching Thai TV News everyday, this is a common occurrence.

"WOMAN EXPAT" seems to be the focus of the article.

Wonder how many Thais are charged for the same infraction?   ???? 

Probably all at fault.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, we have a lot of farangs that can´t drive here too. if at fault she should be charged.

Maybe she got her first driving license in Thailand.
That would be a mitigating circumstance.

Many Chinese drive on the right side of the road in Thailand
they almost rammed me at least three times.

7 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Maybe she got her first driving license in Thailand.
That would be a mitigating circumstance.

So, happy to read that you once again found a way to blame Thailand and the Thais for a foreigners mistake.

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Deflection. It would be in the thai news as one of the myriad of accidents every day, and no one would bother to look twice if at all, because little gore and no fight broke out. As for your post, perhaps a new spin, instead of the same tired out old deflections?! 

Cheers

Ok, so you agree it would be in the Thai news.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, happy to read that you once again found a way to blame Thailand and the Thais for a foreigners mistake.

"social engineering" like this worthless news 555

and nice that you skipped Chinese going against the trafic ,

very hospitable ????

50 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

That assumes that she bothered to look.

No, that´s totally incorrect. What you are stating is just adding a second mistake. The post you quoted said "if you can see" and "should", and had nothing to do with ignorance of not bother to do the right thing.

42 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ok, so you agree it would be in the Thai news.

Thanks.

Sorry I said that, my mistake. Given the severity (lack of),  of the accident  - NO. However if someone had video of it when it happened  a fifty fifty chance it would make it in. Still not a lock as not that violent of collision and no fights afterwards. 

That is based on what local thai put up on their sites where i live now. Wants some action???

Hit and run from Sunday  Can you identify. ?

44 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Sorry I said that, my mistake. Given the severity (lack of),  of the accident  - NO. However if someone had video of it when it happened  a fifty fifty chance it would make it in. Still not a lock as not that violent of collision and no fights afterwards. 

That is based on what local thai put up on their sites where i live now. Wants some action???

Hit and run from Sunday  Can you identify. ?

Not Phuket.

Just now, stevenl said:

Not Phuket.

I actually ride that HWY, take that cut off, to Festival mall. Once a week ?! Yeah, sounds about right. I'm a cycle driver too, I would say I am far more aware and & safety conscious than that driver. It was not his fault but when you have truckers who bark at the moon, out on the HWY's, you risk your life every time you drive. 

The Holiday season is coming up. It may be a Festivus for the Rest of Us, but not for that cycle driver. 

6 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

I actually ride that HWY, take that cut off, to Festival mall. Once a week ?! Yeah, sounds about right. I'm a cycle driver too, I would say I am far more aware and & safety conscious than that driver. It was not his fault but when you have truckers who bark at the moon, out on the HWY's, you risk your life every time you drive. 

The Holiday season is coming up. It may be a Festivus for the Rest of Us, but not for that cycle driver. 

Again, not Phuket. Totally unrelated to this topic.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, Just Weird said:

Nonsense.

Sorry, it's not. Lived here 3 years, had 2 accidents myself and know others who get blamed causing the accident, but after revealing own videos minds changed. 

But I think you know everything much better because you have lots of experiences yourself getting accidents. 

17 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

Sorry, it's not. Lived here 3 years, had 2 accidents myself and know others who get blamed causing the accident, but after revealing own videos minds changed. 

But I think you know everything much better because you have lots of experiences yourself getting accidents. 

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:55 AM, newatthis said:

From the original story:

"However, he added, “I don’t know the details of the accident or the tourists’ nationality and name yet. I am looking at questioning both foreign women tomorrow,” he added.

Regardless, Capt Jarat confirmed that “Ms Helen” will be charged for the accident. "

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-expat-to-be-charged-for-tour-van-collision-in-rawai-73399.php#FsOm4r9KjXry9oOZ.99

That all seems a bit back to front.

Seems reasonable to me - no need for any details when one driver is called Helen and the other is Khun Lopminsaphaneepopgruthainuayapol (Pip).

53 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

I am into my 24  year here. One bad bike crash, Thai driver had to pay my bike damage. Ordered by police or go to police cell.

Few bumps in the car. Most times both parties agree to drive away. Only one time 2 young thai ladies tried to claim all sorts of mental distress when I ran into their bike as they swung across 2 lanes to turn right at a light just turning red. They never even fell off the bike. Just a broken rear mud flap. I said let's go police station. Go there, Wait for our insurance agent. Make statement to police. Drive away. No fine. Leave agent to sort it all out with the bike ladies.

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I am into my 24  year here. One bad bike crash, Thai driver had to pay my bike damage. Ordered by police or go to police cell.

Few bumps in the car. Most times both parties agree to drive away. Only one time 2 young thai ladies tried to claim all sorts of mental distress when I ran into their bike as they swung across 2 lanes to turn right at a light just turning red. They never even fell off the bike. Just a broken rear mud flap. I said let's go police station. Go there, Wait for our insurance agent. Make statement to police. Drive away. No fine. Leave agent to sort it all out with the bike ladies.

I think that means that you're agreeing with me?  

I've been here 25 years tomorrow with only one serious accident in the car when I was hit from behind at speed, slowing down for an obstruction, in the outside lane of the Chon Buri/Bangkok motorway.  I wasn't blamed either.

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I've been here 25 years tomorrow with only one serious accident in the car when I was hit from behind at speed, slowing down for an obstruction, in the outside lane of the Chon Buri/Bangkok motorway.  I wasn't blamed either.

Homer, the fault is obvious. 

4 hours ago, Langkawee said:
21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Homer, the fault is obvious. 

What? 

And who, or what, is Homer?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 1:06 PM, Just Weird said:

It's all from my and my friends experiences what I said. 

But if I say 99% foreigners are to blame even not them fault. Happy? 555

On 10/29/2019 at 2:20 AM, LomSak27 said:

If This was a Thai driver this would not be news would it?! It would not be in the paper or the online feeds. 

100% incorrect. Accidents involving Thais are reported. If not, how would TVF posters form their racist anti Thai opinions.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

100% incorrect. Accidents involving Thais are reported. If not, how would TVF posters form their racist anti Thai opinions.

First this was three weeks ago going on a month. AND suddenly you make a comment about it. You are digging up trash to find a post. It is not just sad, we are looking at pathetic here.

Minor accidents like these are reported (to police) if an agreement cannot be hammered out on the spot. The only reason this made prime time is because of the farang angle. What about that do you not understand?!  Go find yourself a more current and better post to troll.

BTW You are posting at 3 AM in the morning. That is a dead give away. 6AM here in Thailand now,and cool season weather, it is still dark, not even light on the eastern horizon. Going to be another twenty minutes before I can get out the door.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

First this was three weeks ago going on a month. AND suddenly you make a comment about it. You are digging up trash to find a post. It is not just sad, we are looking at pathetic here.

Minor accidents like these are reported (to police) if an agreement cannot be hammered out on the spot. The only reason this made prime time is because of the farang angle. What about that do you not understand?!  Go find yourself a more current and better post to troll.

BTW You are posting at 3 AM in the morning. That is a dead give away. 6AM here in Thailand now,and cool season weather, it is still dark, not even light on the eastern horizon. Going to be another twenty minutes before I can get out the door.

Cheers

If a foreigner is involved it can make the English language press.

Just now, stevenl said:

If a foreigner is involved it can make the English language press.

Tag teaming now? Sunnyboy off shift? :biggrin:

Anyway sun is still down but it is light enough. Coffee is made, and I will head out for my morning constitutional with my Squawks pullover on.  WooHoo, Winter Weather!!

Archived