Woman expat to be charged for tour van collision in Rawai

webfact

26 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Tag teaming now? Sunnyboy off shift? :biggrin:

Anyway sun is still down but it is light enough. Coffee is made, and I will head out for my morning constitutional with my Squawks pullover on.  WooHoo, Winter Weather!!

Please.

Just reacting to a post in which you claim that this only made the news because a foreigner was involved. Yes, that is true as far as the foreign media are concerned.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly, the arrow 'points' to the one at fault here? Could I also suggest that that damage to the vehicle was 'post incident', being rear end damage, by the driver...  ????

Have a wonderful day, be safe out there.......

GBW

9 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:
On 11/6/2019 at 1:06 PM, Just Weird said:

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

It's all from my and my friends experiences what I said. 

But if I say 99% foreigners are to blame even not them fault. Happy? 555

It doesn't matter whether you think that I'm happy or not, the issue is that you are continuing to promulgate the nonsense that "farangs/99% of foreigners are always automatically to blame regardless of the evidence".  What you say is nothing more than urban myth.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, LomSak27 said:

If This was a Thai driver this would not be news would it?! It would not be in the paper or the online feeds. 

You're talking nonsense. The vast majority of accidents that are reported on this forum do not involve foreigners.

10 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:
On 11/6/2019 at 1:06 PM, Just Weird said:

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

It's all from my and my friends experiences what I said. 

But if I say 99% foreigners are to blame even not them fault. Happy? 555

You're still wrong and now quoting some daft made up stat !!...99% of foreigners are to blame ?? - Thats still absolute rubbish and is a claim made by 'noobies' or those propping up a bar and continuing to perpetuate the same old idiotic myths about Thailand while never actually experiencing anything.... 

If the Western lady pulled out in front of the Mini-van then then a charge or reckless driving is quite normal. 

Additionally, while the charge of reckless driving seems extreme for many of us, in Thailand it is an incredibly common charge directed at the person deemed to be the cause of the accident - its so common that its hardly mentioned, I think the fine is 400 baht.

Not really big news is it?

Looking at car certainly not a high speed collision "just a bit of a bump"

Fair enough shes foreign she pulled out 

Why didn't/couldnt  the van "pilot"  brake and avoid?

It not like its an unusual occurrence for someone to pull out of a sideroad without looking in Thailand!!!

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 AM, gk10002000 said:

Could be at fault, could be shared fault, if the other driver was going way over the speed limit. 

Speed limit, what speed limit? the majority of drivers here have 2 speeds fast and very fast, if she pulled out of side turning and got hit it's her fault end of, insurance will sort out providing they both have insurance!

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

and you know how?

I got hit at a u turn by a lad on a moped going well over 80kph(he admitted this to the police) because he was travelling straight and I was turning it was my fault and I had to pay, this was in the early hours, at the police stn for meeting they obviously switched drivers as the supposed driver walked in injury free followed by uncle with injuries, they sat in front of me laughing and sharing out the money, I had extensive road rash plus a shoulder that after 2 yrs is now 99% better, my experience of how you get taken advantage of.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You're still wrong and now quoting some daft made up stat !!...99% of foreigners are to blame ?? - Thats still absolute rubbish and is a claim made by 'noobies' or those propping up a bar and continuing to perpetuate the same old idiotic myths about Thailand while never actually experiencing anything.... 

Couldn't agree more. I got swiped by a concrete truck on the dreaded Patong Hill along with the Missus and my trusty Honda Wave. Shoulder reconstruction and various stitches and gravel rashes all paid by the driver and/or his insurance. A Thai guy actually chased the driver down and effectively carried out a citizens arrest on the cement truck driver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Now you proved yourself, you don't know anything. When you can not even guess about things from other people's be quiet. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Thailand Noobie said:
On 11/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Now you proved yourself, you don't know anything. When you can not even guess about things from other people's be quiet. Thanks

Are you really that confident that '99% foreigners are to blamed even when not at fault' even in light of the numerous posts on this thread (and many others) which offer first hand experience that this is not the case. 

On 11/30/2019 at 5:34 AM, Badrabbit said:

I got hit at a u turn by a lad on a moped going well over 80kph(he admitted this to the police) because he was travelling straight and I was turning it was my fault and I had to pay, this was in the early hours, at the police stn for meeting they obviously switched drivers as the supposed driver walked in injury free followed by uncle with injuries, they sat in front of me laughing and sharing out the money, I had extensive road rash plus a shoulder that after 2 yrs is now 99% better, my experience of how you get taken advantage of.

You did a U-Turn and got hit by a lad going straight on. 

There is no way of proving the other motorcyclist was speeding.

It's difficult to see how the Law in any Western Country would side with you.

How much money did causing the accident cost you? 

If the 'cost' was excessive, you may well have been taken advantage of. But, if medical costs, repair costs were covered but not much more you may well have received fair treatment - not entirely fair in your eyes, but fair to someone impartial. 

You may well have been treated unfairly, or your version of events is an example of 'bias' in your own favor and perhaps something we may all be guilty of from time to time when not wishing to accept blame for a mistake we have made.

Glad you are 99% better, those U-Turns are lethal. 

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You did a U-Turn and got hit by a lad going straight on. 

There is no way of proving the other motorcyclist was speeding.

It's difficult to see how the Law in any Western Country would side with you.

How much money did causing the accident cost you? 

If the 'cost' was excessive, you may well have been taken advantage of. But, if medical costs, repair costs were covered but not much more you may well have received fair treatment - not entirely fair in your eyes, but fair to someone impartial. 

You may well have been treated unfairly, or your version of events is an example of 'bias' in your own favor and perhaps something we may all be guilty of from time to time when not wishing to accept blame for a mistake we have made.

Glad you are 99% better, those U-Turns are lethal. 

He admitted to going over 80kph, what got me was them sitting in front of me sharing out the 13000bht, even though I feel it was his fault( they definitely switched riders as there is no way he could have been injury free, the Uncle walked in behind the lad sporting leg injuries, yes I feel lucky also as if he had died I think I would be in prison or deported because I couldn't pay the millions it would have cost!

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

He admitted to going over 80kph, what got me was them sitting in front of me sharing out the 13000bht, even though I feel it was his fault( they definitely switched riders as there is no way he could have been injury free, the Uncle walked in behind the lad sporting leg injuries, yes I feel lucky also as if he had died I think I would be in prison or deported because I couldn't pay the millions it would have cost!

My police friend was talking to the group and the lad who told him of his speed(obviously didn't know or couldn't care what the speed limit was, police friend did nothing other than negotiate the payout.

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

My police friend was talking to the group and the lad who told him of his speed(obviously didn't know or couldn't care what the speed limit was, police friend did nothing other than negotiate the payout.

His speeding could mean a fine, but would in general not mean liable for the accident.

Archived