BANGKOK
webfact

Woman expat to be charged for tour van collision in Rawai

On 10/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, Just Weird said:

Nonsense.

Sorry, it's not. Lived here 3 years, had 2 accidents myself and know others who get blamed causing the accident, but after revealing own videos minds changed. 

But I think you know everything much better because you have lots of experiences yourself getting accidents. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

Sorry, it's not. Lived here 3 years, had 2 accidents myself and know others who get blamed causing the accident, but after revealing own videos minds changed. 

But I think you know everything much better because you have lots of experiences yourself getting accidents. 

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 8:55 AM, newatthis said:

From the original story:

"However, he added, “I don’t know the details of the accident or the tourists’ nationality and name yet. I am looking at questioning both foreign women tomorrow,” he added.

Regardless, Capt Jarat confirmed that “Ms Helen” will be charged for the accident. "

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-expat-to-be-charged-for-tour-van-collision-in-rawai-73399.php#FsOm4r9KjXry9oOZ.99

That all seems a bit back to front.

Seems reasonable to me - no need for any details when one driver is called Helen and the other is Khun Lopminsaphaneepopgruthainuayapol (Pip).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're wrong, despite your long three years of being here and two accidents, it is not always the farang who is blamed.  To say that it is, is ridiculous.  

It's not just me that knows better in this case, I'm sure it's you also who knows that your claim is nonsense.  And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

I am into my 24  year here. One bad bike crash, Thai driver had to pay my bike damage. Ordered by police or go to police cell.

Few bumps in the car. Most times both parties agree to drive away. Only one time 2 young thai ladies tried to claim all sorts of mental distress when I ran into their bike as they swung across 2 lanes to turn right at a light just turning red. They never even fell off the bike. Just a broken rear mud flap. I said let's go police station. Go there, Wait for our insurance agent. Make statement to police. Drive away. No fine. Leave agent to sort it all out with the bike ladies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I am into my 24  year here. One bad bike crash, Thai driver had to pay my bike damage. Ordered by police or go to police cell.

Few bumps in the car. Most times both parties agree to drive away. Only one time 2 young thai ladies tried to claim all sorts of mental distress when I ran into their bike as they swung across 2 lanes to turn right at a light just turning red. They never even fell off the bike. Just a broken rear mud flap. I said let's go police station. Go there, Wait for our insurance agent. Make statement to police. Drive away. No fine. Leave agent to sort it all out with the bike ladies.

I think that means that you're agreeing with me?  

I've been here 25 years tomorrow with only one serious accident in the car when I was hit from behind at speed, slowing down for an obstruction, in the outside lane of the Chon Buri/Bangkok motorway.  I wasn't blamed either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

And, yes, I have had personal experience of accidents here and I wasn't blamed.

Ditto, just a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 AM, gk10002000 said:

Could be at fault, could be shared fault, if the other driver was going way over the speed limit. 

We will never know but we can always trust the Thai police. 

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I've been here 25 years tomorrow with only one serious accident in the car when I was hit from behind at speed, slowing down for an obstruction, in the outside lane of the Chon Buri/Bangkok motorway.  I wasn't blamed either.

Homer, the fault is obvious. 

• Confused 1

On 10/29/2019 at 4:33 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

If this had been a Thai driver there would be loads of anti Thai racist comments.

Thai is a nationality, not a race.

4 hours ago, Langkawee said:
21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Homer, the fault is obvious. 

What? 

And who, or what, is Homer?

Edited by Just Weird