Pattaya: Go Go dancers go to police claiming their "foreign" boss has not paid them

webfact

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day.

Sorry girl nobody forced you to do it, you and the others chose to flash your bodies for money.

Not forced, but apparently promised to be paid...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So another example of nutty legal process.  Where are the courts?  How to file suit?  Employment office won't do much.  Find the foreigner before he flees if he has not already

He could not pay the women because he had to pay..........

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

sounds like he fully intended not to pay them with this type of salary... however most of these salaries are linked to ridiculous drink quotas so with no customers they could never get the 1200 and their salary would revert to below the thai minimum wage this is the game most of these immoral gogo managers play with the girls..

sad indeed to see immoral gogo managers do that with such moral girls

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Facebook page for the bar, as well as at the premises on Walking Street itself have signs advertising the business as being for sale, notes Thaivisa.

My guess is that the sale price just hit rock bottom. :cheesy:

Better to give the man 3 days to pay the girls. If not can do, deport him and let the girls run the business.

Laugh all you want but just shows how tough times are at the moment with no customers.

at 1000 per day, these are the so called agency girls and their 1000 depends and tied in with how many drinks they sell per day or bar fines .

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

My guess is that the sale price just hit rock bottom. :cheesy:

Better to give the man 3 days to pay the girls. If not can do, deport him and let the girls run the business.

The only ones who can investigate it do anything is labor office and it can take 3-12 months with no guaranteed results 

4 minutes ago, hobobo said:

For 1,200 baht a day I'll employ a couple of them for a week, and they won't have to dance in high heels ????

yeah thats a bargain especially for me, If I can get them to charge by the minute I can get back to the 100Baht STs again

31 minutes ago, BestB said:

Laugh all you want but just shows how tough times are at the moment with no customers.

at 1000 per day, these are the so called agency girls and their 1000 depends and tied in with how many drinks they sell per day or bar fines .

High time the girls learned to speak Mandarin, Chinese tourist numbers are on the up again according to the tourism ministry! Hindi as a third language!

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So another example of nutty legal process.  Where are the courts?  How to file suit?  Employment office won't do much.  Find the foreigner before he flees if he has not already

The girls forgot the brown envelope who is needed to get help from Pattaya BIB's. Or maybe the GO-GO owner have delivered one already?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Gift told the cops and media that staff were paid about 1,200 baht a day and 60-70 people had not been remunerated.

Well as a payment it seems to me very high!
Could be? How much revenue can a gogo bar have?
It would be time for me to start a new job!????

Archived