Pattaya: Go Go dancers go to police claiming their "foreign" boss has not paid them

webfact

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day.

Sorry girl nobody forced you to do it, you and the others chose to flash your bodies for money.

In a certain way they were forced to do it. I am sure when these girls were 9 years old they didn't dream of being a whore. It is the economic disparity in Thailand that forces these girls to sell the only thing they have that is salable in an open market.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

In a certain way they were forced to do it. I am sure when these girls were 9 years old they didn't dream of being a whore. It is the economic disparity in Thailand that forces these girls to sell the only thing they have that is salable in an open market.

No they could choose to work in a factory if needs be, but that involves the "W" word. Or a restaurant or kitchen or beer bar or hotel or  ........................!!!

57 minutes ago, BestB said:
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

It often make problem in the sex areas with the foreigner not want to pay them.

You have experience in sex areas not being paid?

I am sure you were just ribbing Yinn, and I may be out of line here. We guys rib each other a lot here, and fair enough. And maybe you know Yinn personally, and feel comfortable with this comment. But I think that in general we should show a little more respect for the ladies in the forum.

Sometimes Thai bashing gives me a rather nauseous feeling. I do hire these girls occasionally but I make sure they feel they got their worth once they are over with me. The AH who exploits them and then reneges on his side of the  contract just deserves what he's not going to get, as these bastards tend to be well connected.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day.

Sorry girl nobody forced you to do it, you and the others chose to flash your bodies for money.

And nobody forced you to work, so it's OK if you don't get paid. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Fake news they never actually dance do they, unless things have changed they shuffle about for 30 mins then sit down with their phones again, it's a hard life ????

they barely move, shuffling is a very accurate description, and they all look bored senseless!

39 minutes ago, timendres said:

I am sure you were just ribbing Yinn, and I may be out of line here. We guys rib each other a lot here, and fair enough. And maybe you know Yinn personally, and feel comfortable with this comment. But I think that in general we should show a little more respect for the ladies in the forum.

With pleasure when said ladies show little respect for others and stop making racist and xenophobic posts under pretence  of innocence .

7 hours ago, webfact said:

everyone was tired and fed up - they were forced to dance in high heels seven or eight hours a day.

Has anyone ever been in an a-go-go where the women looked overworked?  It's literally a job for the laziest women on the planet.

Feel free to go get a job at 711 for 9k a month, 45 hours a week hon...

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

30 extra and desperate girls touting on Walking Street tonight.  Might be a good night to go out.  ????

and maybe get some discount/good deals... desperate times lead to desperate actions 555

5 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

And nobody forced you to work, so it's OK if you don't get paid. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think the point being made is that she wasn't complaining about not being paid!

"She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day." 

27 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Sometimes Thai bashing gives me a rather nauseous feeling. I do hire these girls occasionally but I make sure they feel they got their worth once they are over with me. The AH who exploits them and then reneges on his side of the  contract just deserves what he's not going to get, as these bastards tend to be well connected.

And you only know one side of the story . We’re you aware 1000 baht per day wage also known as agency rates is paid with conditions ? Includes minimum number of drinks and bar fines ? 

Did it cross your mind that possibly they were not paid full amount because they did not meet the quotas ?

waged Gogo dancers get 12000-18000 per month, there is a good reason why bars hire Agent girls and pay double that? Have strings attached to justify double the salary and paid in 10 day intervals instead of monthly 

1 hour ago, Spike1938 said:

While I follow what you're saying, I thinks there's more to it than that.

Now Thailand is more of a consumer market than it ever was, there is peer pressure on people who feel they want/need the latest consumer items - smartphone technology - is a prime example.

The internet is available to just about everyone, meaning they are subjected to adverts encouraging them to to buy new products they don't really need.

We know how powerful marketing is in Thailand - persuading people to 'want' things they never before knew existed.

I remember reading a year or more back about schoolgirls from reasonably stable families who were selling themselves via facebook in order to specifically buy the latest smartphone.

So now a lot of financial 'need' for cash wasn't there twenty or thirty years ago.

I know it's not always like that, there will be some cases where families are genuinely poor and the daughter will sell herself to support them, but it's not the majority of cases now that it was.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Judging by some of the replies about 1200 baht being a high salary just goes to show how out of touch and naive some members are. Gone are the days where a gogo employs loads of girls on a salary and pays them 12 - 15 k a month. The gogo's just cant get enough girls. Their only option is to get agency girls on a 10 day rolling cycle. At the end of the 10 days some take a break and others start a new 10 day cycle. The cost of these agency girls nowadays start at 1200 - 1500 a day. If a punter wishes to bar fine one he will pay extra because she is an agency girl. Thats why they get 1200 or more per night because they can. When you add on drinks and any money from a bar fine they are on to a winner. Thats before a punter pays her for short or long time.

If this is true than it's the agency that needs to pony up. The agency then can come after the owner in court.

Cops have way too much power in this country. They are not arbitrators or adjudicators. They know absolutely nothing about law. I'm cert6they just arrest bad people doing bad things then the educated insiders sort out the charges. Wot a laff.

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

Stunning intellectual comment ! We are not worthy of your pronouncements .. And you have enlightened us 50,000 times or more .. more .. so sorry I missed your precious posts ... eh... not ! Prat. 

Hmm, another one who has to resort to abuse because he doesn't like/agree with something another poster has said.

10 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Drinks quota but no barfine quota. I don't know of any establishment that still has a barfine quota in Pattaya. It's not uncommon for agency girls to not do barfines at all.

You may well be right . Last time I hung with Gogo bar girls was 3-4 years ago, both were agency girls and both had drinks and bar fines quotas, but both were getting 1500 per day

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

If this is true than it's the agency that needs to pony up. The agency then can come after the owner in court.

Cops have way too much power in this country. They are not arbitrators or adjudicators. They know absolutely nothing about law. I'm cert6they just arrest bad people doing bad things then the educated insiders sort out the charges. Wot a laff.

Precisely right. Agency is the one who is liable  technically ????

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nobody "forces" people in many areas of work to do the jobs they do in difficult conditions,  be they miners, chemical process workers, petrochemical workers, bar staff. Every job comes with its own particular illness,  acident or work related condition. Its not up to you to judge dancers. You have no right. You are not better than them.You are trying to take the moral high ground by using the word body and money in the same sentence. But this kind of virtue signalling part demeans you not them. I bet you watch all male sports , men in skimpy shorts clashing together and mixing sweat. How are they any better? Whatever people's jobs are they should be treated fairly, including the bar staff, service staff, cleaners etc. There are exotic dancers all over the world and they certainly dont need or deserve your moral obrobrium or sanctimonious sniping which I find lacking in sensitivity and human empathy. I have known hundreds of GoGo dancers and most were nice people working hard in a complex job. They bring exotic sparkle and joy to our lives for a brief period of their lives. God bless them and good luck to them and their families.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

You said it well , FOR MONEY!!!!! Not for free mr colinneil , so it's not sorry girl they are in their rights . Or do you work for free . And he promised to pay them but i geuss he's out of money otherwise he would not be selling the place . Or is the owner your friend . However you look at it he has to pay it's the girls job and as you read they have 10 days contracts . Cheap charly human trafficer . 

Archived