Pattaya: Go Go dancers go to police claiming their "foreign" boss has not paid them

webfact

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

You may well be right . Last time I hung with Gogo bar girls was 3-4 years ago, both were agency girls and both had drinks and bar fines quotas, but both were getting 1500 per day

Agency girls rarely do bar fines...mores the pity. Thankfully although they were prevalent a few years ago their use is fading out now due to customer complaints

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry... being naked for money at best and engaging in prostitution at worst is engaging in illicit behavior. You are not protected under the law any more than an illegal taxi driver or drug dealer. 555. Sorry you lose, back to kalasin you go.

There is a lot of talk about them being agency girls. If this is true then they would be paid by the agency who they work through and not by the the bar owner because he would be paying the agency for the girls because the agency would want their cut of the money for supplying the girls. So what is the truth? Are they girls that are employed by an agency? If they are not agency girls then is their wages really 1,200 baht per day? The OP says that 30 girls complained, that means that the bar would owe them a total of 36,000 baht per day, must be a good business to be able to afford that type of wage just for those girls plus the wages for the rest of the staff, plus the cost of stock for the bar, plus the rent and other utilities. Must be a very profitable business or someone is telling porkies.

"Gift told the cops and media that staff were paid about 1,200 baht a day and 60-70 people had not been remunerated." 

1200 Baht payment a day and this for 60 to 70 people. How should this work?! At least they don't have to dance in high heels anymore.

16 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Agency girls rarely do bar fines...mores the pity. Thankfully although they were prevalent a few years ago their use is fading out now due to customer complaints

Clearly not, as you can see bar is full of agency girls ????

36 minutes ago, BestB said:

You may well be right . Last time I hung with Gogo bar girls was 3-4 years ago, both were agency girls and both had drinks and bar fines quotas, but both were getting 1500 per day

They are so desperate to get girls, some places are doing away with bar fine and drink quotas. Take one of the best known gogo's in town. All of the girls are 10 day contract girls. Very rare to see any of them getting bar fined. They either have Thai boyfriends or girlfriends.

2 hours ago, sambum said:
2 hours ago, Spike1938 said:

In a certain way they were forced to do it. I am sure when these girls were 9 years old they didn't dream of being a whore. It is the economic disparity in Thailand that forces these girls to sell the only thing they have that is salable in an open market.

No they could choose to work in a factory if needs be, but that involves the "W" word. Or a restaurant or kitchen or beer bar or hotel or  ........................!!!

I doubt there are enough vacancies in factories, restaurants hotels etc. to employ all the go-go bar girls.  And there would be even less vacancies in hotels, restaurants etc. if Thailand lost it's entertainment industry. 

You may think you're taking the right moral stance, but you have to look a bit deeper. 

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I doubt there are enough vacancies in factories, restaurants hotels etc. to employ all the go-go bar girls.  And there would be even less vacancies in hotels, restaurants etc. if Thailand lost it's entertainment industry. 

You may think you're taking the right moral stance, but you have to look a bit deeper. 

nope... you are ill-informed.

Thai businesses are quite eager to employ good workers, it's easy to find a job in Thailand.
Of course, these jobs pay much less.

2 minutes ago, manarak said:

Thai businesses are quite eager to employ good workers, it's easy to find a job in Thailand.

Sorry Manarak but you missed something. Plus they also have to do some work.

1 hour ago, BestB said:
1 hour ago, timendres said:

I am sure you were just ribbing Yinn, and I may be out of line here. We guys rib each other a lot here, and fair enough. And maybe you know Yinn personally, and feel comfortable with this comment. But I think that in general we should show a little more respect for the ladies in the forum.

With pleasure when said ladies show little respect for others and stop making racist and xenophobic posts under pretence  of innocence .

Yinn simply stated "It often make problem in the sex areas with the foreigner not want to pay them."

Seems pretty relevant to the topic, and not very racist or xenophobic.  And your response was completely out of line, disrespectful and, unfortunately, about on par with a lot of the posts here.

A lot of us value input from locals, and input from the few ladies brave enough to put up with all the nonsense to offer their take on things.  But you go right ahead and drive them off...

Why don't they get a lien on the Bar and Take over the Business ?

Can they take over and run the Business as Partners ?

How about the Agency, what is their liability to the girls ?

Bottom line: Another reason to legalize and put protections in place,

time to accept reality and stop pretending everything is invisible.

20 minutes ago, manarak said:

I think that's quite a generalisation. Businesses eager to employ good workers perhaps, but only if you happen to live in an area where those opportunities are.

Plus it's not always practical for everyone just to move if there's somewhere at the other end of the country that might employ you.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day.

Sorry girl nobody forced you to do it, you and the others chose to flash your bodies for money.

Gentleman , if they were your sister or your aunty or your mother , will you say the same ? If you use someone in your business you have to pay the <deleted> salary .. OK ????

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

She said, everyone was tired and fed up- they were forced to dance in high heels for 7- 8 hours a day.

Sorry girl nobody forced you to do it, you and the others chose to flash your bodies for money.

Errr... Haven't been in Thailand long, have you? Or maybe you've just never gone "up-country." Do you know any poor Thais? Currently all the Thai people I know (my late wife's extended family) are Thai middle class, pretty good incomes. My first wife was from a dirt-poor family in Buri Ram province. If you've never visited with a poor Thai family I don't think you can imagine what poverty really is. Yes, you can say the girls "choose" to "flaunt their bodies for money." Do you have any knowledge of how hard it is for a young Thai to get money? They normally have only one salable skill. 

42 minutes ago, impulse said:

Yinn simply stated "It often make problem in the sex areas with the foreigner not want to pay them."

Seems pretty relevant to the topic, and not very racist or xenophobic.  And your response was completely out of line, disrespectful and, unfortunately, about on par with a lot of the posts here.

A lot of us value input from locals, and input from the few ladies brave enough to put up with all the nonsense to offer their take on things.  But you go right ahead and drive them off...

Ok, you got any more links or evidence of foreigners often not paying ?

While most restaurants and hotels are dying for not finding staff ........

These hookers were in for the deal which now went belly-up. Stop whining and try it with a normal job at eight hours for possibly less than what you get between the sheets ........ 

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Nobody "forces" people in many areas of work to do the jobs they do in difficult conditions,  be they miners, chemical process workers, petrochemical workers, bar staff. Every job comes with its own particular illness,  acident or work related condition. Its not up to you to judge dancers. You have no right. You are not better than them.You are trying to take the moral high ground by using the word body and money in the same sentence. But this kind of virtue signalling part demeans you not them. I bet you watch all male sports , men in skimpy shorts clashing together and mixing sweat. How are they any better? Whatever people's jobs are they should be treated fairly, including the bar staff, service staff, cleaners etc. There are exotic dancers all over the world and they certainly dont need or deserve your moral obrobrium or sanctimonious sniping which I find lacking in sensitivity and human empathy. I have known hundreds of GoGo dancers and most were nice people working hard in a complex job. They bring exotic sparkle and joy to our lives for a brief period of their lives. God bless them and good luck to them and their families.

Thank you for your post

More proof that Pattaya is changing and the repurcussions on the thai entertainment and bar businesses. This won't be the first business up for sale and probably struggling with a cash flow problem. I can only hope these ladies are'nt back on the poles tonight till they get their salary. 

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Not only I do not think but I know for a fact. It’s not in their jurisdiction. 

But if you unsure, check back with OP where it states police told them to go to labor office located in Chonburi .

Yes, that sounds good in the news. And news always tells the truth. Do you think they would let anybody print, that "we will go visit the guy, put some heat on his sorry butt-skin and try to persuade him to do the right thing with dubios methods"?

24 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lemme see.... They went to Police to complain that they had not been paid for an activity that is illegal in Thailand. Police did not arrest the girls.... nothing to see here. They are however, looking for a Farang whose brown envelope is overdue.

What are you talking about??

They are dancers, hired for 10-days periods to dance in agogos who got license for dancers and alcohol. Nothing illegal in that AFAIK :ermm:

14 minutes ago, kevinmartyn said:

It was my understanding the cuties Paid the bar on how many time they were bar fined! Clearly like most they expect to take and not GiVE back!!!!  Sack the  lot

I think you understood very wrong the way agogos work.

The customer pay the bar when he BF a dancer; not the dancer.

Archived