BANGKOK
Brer

Is it really worthwhile getting a VPN

53 minutes ago, rumak said:

i have a smart TV,    What kind of android box did you buy and did you get it here in Thailand?

I don't know how it all works so if anyone can explain that would be nice

The box I bought is a TM95m bought on the net a couple of years ago specified a Thai plug for about $100Aus.

Plugs into power obviously, then cable from the box to your router and another cable from box to HDMI port on your smart TV.

The Android box should then light up.

Box comes with a few preloaded apps like Netflix and Facebook.

Just search the net for live TV apps usually you will find heaps of tutorials on how to load them, can be a little frustrating if your not computer savvy but the tutorials are generally very good. Just view a few tutorials on YouTube first and follow the one you find the easiest to follow.

Good luck.

A VPN will be a furthermore consideration but I don’t think I will bother with one.

• Thanks 2

On my Android tablet I use the free Thunder VPN app. I can choose the country it points to.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brer said:

That’s what I thought, got around what the Aussie government are blocking without a VPN and I don’t think watching Millionaire Hot Seat would be considered highly questionable, although maybe by some.

That's bs. A lot of people use the VPN to be able to watch geoblocked channels or streaming sites like Netflix in the US. Many brits like to watch ITV, then you need a VPN.

For safety reasons, no real need these days. There are several real good VPN to choose from. Just google it. 

54 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

VPN 24/7.

If you live inside Thailand there is a real reason you need it.

What’s so different about Thailand then say Australia or Israel.

Please explain.

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

That's bs. A lot of people use the VPN to be able to watch geoblocked channels or streaming sites like Netflix in the US. Many brits like to watch ITV, then you need a VPN.

For safety reasons, no real need these days. There are several real good VPN to choose from. Just google it. 

Why is it bs?

I don’t need a VPN to watch geoblocked channels if I load the livenettv app, I can watch Channels 2,7,9,10, Sky Racing, Fox Footie plus more all Australian channels.

If you want to know how without a VPN for Aussie channels PM me.

Livenettv also contains channels from other countries I.e. Canada, Indonesia, Italy, India etc and more

Tried 3 VPNS for streaming other TV networks out side Thailand, all only lasted about 6 months before streaming networks worked out I was using a VPN, then blocked, waste of money, none of them will guarantee what they offer, just use fancy adds to suck you in.

10 minutes ago, Brer said:

Why is it bs?

I don’t need a VPN to watch geoblocked channels if I load the livenettv app, I can watch Channels 2,7,9,10, Sky Racing, Fox Footie plus more all Australian channels.

If you want to know how without a VPN for Aussie channels PM me.

Livenettv also contains channels from other countries I.e. Canada, Indonesia, Italy, India etc and more

I would be interested how you do this with livenetv? I like to watch aussie tv sometimes, have tried vpn's, however, they all seem to be blocked after a few months.

11 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Tried 3 VPNS for streaming other TV networks out side Thailand, all only lasted about 6 months before streaming networks worked out I was using a VPN, then blocked, waste of money, none of them will guarantee what they offer, just use fancy adds to suck you in.

There are a couple of VPN that have a money back guarantee. One offer a 45 days money back guarantee. Still several that even Netflix US hasn't cracked yet. 

19 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

I had the same problem. I contacted the VPN support and they told me to change the location and that will clear it up. I use VPN to have Hulu from the US. I was using Los Angles as my location and I was blocked by Hulu because they found out I wasn't in the US. So taking the advice of support, I switched my location to Florida and I have never had an issue since. It's been two years now.

I use the free ProtonVPN on my Android phone and computer.  I also use the free built-in VPN from the Opera browser on my computer.  Works for me.  Costs nothing.