Video: Granny mown down by fleeing motorcyclist

webfact

Video: Granny mown down by fleeing motorcyclist

7PM_VID.jpg

A CCTV video posted on the Facebook page of Nuynui Sirinthip showed her grandmother crossing the road to get in her car after a visit to a clinic. 

She was hit by a motorcyclist who fled the scene at speed. 

"Nuynui" said she was furious but the good news was that her gran, aged 74, is fine. 

Maybe her gran should have waited for him to pass but at the very least he should have stopped. 

The video was widely shared on social media with netizens condemning the motorcyclist. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-30

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

She didn't appear to recheck to her right before crossing the road. Motorcyclist should have stopped but I would say granny caused the accident.

"Look right, look left and look right again. If all clear, quick march."   

In Thailand, there is no concept of 'defensive' driving - especially in the case of pedestrians - and even when pedestrians are in a crosswalk.  Those on motorcycles only know how to use a horn and consider any collision with a pedestrian to be the pedestrian's fault. 

When driving, I’m always especially cautious of pedestrians who are children or the elderly. They’re harder to predict as they go about their business. You adjust your driving accordingly. Only problem being for most drivers here; you have to be aware of your surroundings. Hell, you have to have a basic level of empathy. 

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Shameful behaviour from the motorbike driver, granny was lucky not to get hurt !

If you are talking about him not stopping, i agree. But it was the granny that caused the accident. She did not check the road good enough. 

Both sides are not free of blame.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

If you are talking about him not stopping, i agree. But it was the granny that caused the accident. She did not check the road good enough. 

Both sides are not free of blame.

Of course, i refer to him not stopping, yet, personally, i don't think it's right to travel at such speed on a busy road.

But then, i know it would be foolish, especially in the hub of road deaths, to expect the drivers/riders to be as considerate as i am.

Sad I hope she is OK.  No excuse for the dude not to stop.

But, many are of the impression that pedestrians always have the right of way.

Not true.  That is why they have jaywalking laws in some countries.

They do have the right of way in a crosswalk.  Noone wants to hit them, but otherwise they could be fair game.

These people that walk with their hand held out in busy traffic such as Beach Rd. or 2nd road, are asking for it.

Just the other day I saw the opposite occur.

Granny (Thai / Chinese) was walking across a busy main road, when a moto rider passed by her, sliding on his side, following his motorcycle.

When I confronted the hag, who wandered off, her position was that he should have stopped for her. I told her it looked like he tried his best!

Everyone but Granny was over trying to comfort the poor rider ....

2 hours ago, NightSky said:

The video shows the poor grandma running out into the road in front of the motorbike.

im glad she is ok, could have been much worse.

i doubt the motorcycle was at joint fault unless speeding.

Or texting, talking on his phone, watching YouTube etc etc.

Motorists are constantly told to watch out for motorcyclists. But motorcyclists here seem to be oblivious to everyone else.

Moron never even stopped which suggests they thought themselves to blame too!

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

Just the other day I saw the opposite occur.

Granny (Thai / Chinese) was walking across a busy main road, when a moto rider passed by her, sliding on his side, following his motorcycle.

When I confronted the hag, who wandered off, her position was that he should have stopped for her. I told her it looked like he tried his best!

Everyone but Granny was over trying to comfort the poor rider ....

it might be that karma brought the same two together again? 

but all the same... it maters Not who was the cause of this

- as the result was a Hit Run accident 

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

P3050618_rd_22_lorry_with_trees.thumb.JPG.1d3bb2b8d9a9ec875d87e90bd593984c.JPG

Perfectly safe !!!  it has the  red flag on the over length bit ..so no plom-plem  if you impale yourself its obviously bad karma from a previous life or  a not strong enough "Amulet"

If you watch the video, on impact it looks like LH side mirror goes flying. I agree grandma should have checked to her RHS again before the crossing. The MB rider should also have been more alert at conditions in front of him and slowed down. 

4 hours ago, NightSky said:

The video shows the poor grandma running out into the road in front of the motorbike.

im glad she is ok, could have been much worse.

i doubt the motorcycle was at joint fault unless speeding.

A motorcycle is always at fault, silly! Any vehicle should stop for soft “targets”. Only Thai and Dutch people don’t know that, and think it’s their right to run down pedestrians whether they are driving car, motorbike or bicycles.

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

She didn't appear to recheck to her right before crossing the road. Motorcyclist should have stopped but I would say granny caused the accident.

Agreed

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Shameful behaviour from the motorbike driver, granny was lucky not to get hurt !

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Of course, i refer to him not stopping, yet, personally, i don't think it's right to travel at such speed on a busy road.

But then, i know it would be foolish, especially in the hub of road deaths, to expect the drivers/riders to be as considerate as i am.

I agree.  The motorbike driver made no attempt to slow down or evade her.  Did he even hong his horn?  I see everyday so many close calls because of the motorbikes going too fast in the wrong places.  I am sure we all have come close to being hit just like this lady.

As a former motorcycle racer and instructor for a factory, I put the blame squarely on the motorbike guy!  You can't tell me he didn't see her from further back.  He had plenty of time to slow down and avoid her. Typical Thai guy he just stays on the gas....

But to keep going is pathetic...

29 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I agree.  The motorbike driver made no attempt to slow down or evade her.  Did he even hong his horn?  I see everyday so many close calls because of the motorbikes going too fast in the wrong places.  I am sure we all have come close to being hit just like this lady.

As a former motorcycle racer and instructor for a factory, I put the blame squarely on the motorbike guy!  You can't tell me he didn't see her from further back.  He had plenty of time to slow down and avoid her. Typical Thai guy he just stays on the gas....

But to keep going is pathetic...

Gotta give  ya 'horn a good hong '.

????

1 hour ago, Swen said:

Only Thai and Dutch people don’t know that, and think it’s their right to run down pedestrians whether they are driving car, motorbike or bicycles.

And you base this knowledge on what?

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

It's hard to quick march when you are old or judge the speed of an approaching vehicle.

The biker must have seen he old lady hovering and looking both ways before stepping off the pavement, but made no effort to slow down and callously faile to stop and check her condition after flattening her.

With luck the video footage will help identify this heartless idiot and result in a fine or ban for his heartless hit-and-run.

Archived