Lucky cat flees the scene after causing seven vehicle pile up!

webfact

Lucky cat flees the scene after causing seven vehicle pile up!

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A driver in Nakorn Sri Thammarat came up with a novel excuse for causing a pile up. 

The Isuzu driver said a cat ran out and he slammed on the brakes. 

Luckily the cat escaped the carnage. 

Six other vehicles including pick-ups and cars following behind were not so fortunate. 

The police let everyone have their vehicles towed away for repairs as they continued to question the lead driver and tried to determine who might have been going too fast. 

There were no reports of injuries and Thai Rath did not say if the cat was being sought. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-30

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No sympathy for the other drivers, as it looks as though they were tailgating.

I was involved in a 9 car shunt a few years ago, I was number 4 in line and managed to stop my car just in time.

Unfortunately the 5 cars behind me were unable to stop in time and I felt each one as it collided into the back of each one in front shoving me into the car in front and leaving my rear wheels a foot off the floor !!

As I was on company business and it was a rental I didn’t worry too much about the insurance issues.

IMO if you cannot stop in time and collide with the car in front you are at fault no matter how quickly it stopped.

Delighted for the cat’s lucky escape, I hope he’s still licking his moustache  now as for the rest of it as someone has already mentioned I hope they will learn the lesson by staying awake on the wheels and keeping a safe distance from the driver in front.

Stay awake and keep the distance and don’t use the phone whilst driving ! Yeah right will it ever materialise in this country ?! I very much doubt it ????

Tail-gating is a huge problem in thailand....seems to be completely unaware of cause-effect behavior....

poor education and not practicing safe breaking distance leads to pile ups all over the place....

zero sympathy....doesn’t matter what the reason Is why lead driver stops, the cars behind should practice the 4 sec breaking rule....

standard practice in civilized countries...

brake for dogs!

I recently renewed my 5 year licence and had to watch the obligatory 1 year safety video. 

As far as I can remember , nothing about safe braking distance. 

What to do if you drive into a lake and have to escape a sinking car but little or nothing ( that I can recall ) about breaking distances.

Driving here you will often find that if you leave a safe braking distance in front of you , the driver behind will undertake and try to get into it.

This happens every time I use the road from Saraburi to Bangkok. Most irritating.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

So, the the cat caused the accident did it? I think not.

It was the stupid pick up driver who over reacted and 'slammed on the brakes' that caused the accident.

No. It was the idiot drivers behind the pick-up who were following too closely and probably not paying attention that caused the accident!

1 hour ago, Denim said:

I recently renewed my 5 year licence and had to watch the obligatory 1 year safety video. 

As far as I can remember , nothing about safe braking distance. 

What to do if you drive into a lake and have to escape a sinking car but little or nothing ( that I can recall ) about breaking distances.

Driving here you will often find that if you leave a safe braking distance in front of you , the driver behind will undertake and try to get into it.

This happens every time I use the road from Saraburi to Bangkok. Most irritating.

Very true.

I translated a page from the UK Highway Code into Thai, in the hope my son (and others) might read it and absorb it, but I'm not holding out much hope:

StoppingDistancesHighwayCode-Thai.png

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So, the the cat caused the accident did it? I think not.

It was the stupid pick up driver who over reacted and 'slammed on the brakes' that caused the accident.

No!......I hope, I dont have to share the Road with you????????????

17 hours ago, Beggar said:

The cat did a great job. Perhaps these drivers will keep more distance to the car in front of them in the future. 

Sadly they won't.  They will just claim their brakes didn't work.  On the matter that they were stopping, so the brakes actually worked, you will get the answer "but not good enough".

Archived