Multi Reentry Permit for non O-A at CM Immigration

Barley

Hello,

My non O-A visa was issued in September 2018, so I am in Thailand now having started my second year with my arrival middle of this September.

I would now like to apply for my Multi Reentry Permit at CM Immigration.

I am not an early riser, so what do you think should be the latest time of the day that I should show my face there to get it done?

Do I only need to bring my passport and they will hand me a form to fill out and that will be it, or is there more to it? More documents, photocopies, passport photos etc?

Should I go tomorrow (Oct 31st) to avoid any confusion with the new health insurance scheme or do you think that won't apply to me?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you!

I have also found that I need to fill out form TM-8 form for multi-reentry permit, which I found here

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=533895

on this great forum (thanks to @ubonjoe).

Do I need to bring any other Documents except TM-8, picture, and my passport?

What would be the latest time to show up at CM Immigration for same day processing?

1 hour ago, Barley said:

Do I need to bring any other Documents except TM-8, picture, and my passport?

What would be the latest time to show up at CM Immigration for same day processing?

What you need:

1.  TM 8 - completed and signed. You can obtain the form from the Thai Immigration website:  https://www.immigration.go.th/download/  (the TM8 form is #15 in that list).  Neatly print your telephone number just below your signature.  Paste/glue your photo over the photo box area on the form  (4cm x 6cm....which is not the size of the box on the form...with a medium blue background if you have it although a white background is usually accepted too).

2.  Photocopies from passport (all photocopies must be signed):

a.  Photo/Identification Page

b.  Current visa (or extension) page

c.  Entry date page

d.  Departure (TM6) card

3.  Original passport. 

4.  Fees:  1000 baht for a single and 3,800 baht for a multiple.

[Sign items with blue ink.  And recently someone claimed a copy of the TM30 Receipt of Notification was required (while doubtful it's required, probably best to take along a copy.]

As for the time to do it, I'd advise not going early in the morning as it's crowded and you'll spend more time then.  Get there at 11 or 2PM and you'll likely be out of there within 20 minutes. 

I take it you have thought it through and really need a multiple re-entry permit. I used to get one when I worked and was in/out >3 times a year but now I find the airport immigration service best when I need to go. Just my passport has been required and they do the rest! Might need the TM 30 as well now.

16 minutes ago, stephehr said:

Makes know difference what time you get there you will still have to wait all day, and maybe the next

The OP's question and this thread are about Chiangmai Immigration only.  I mention that as your comment has no relationship to fact with respect to CM Immigration.

11 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

You may already know this but your re-entry permit ends when your visa / extension does, whether you have had it for 12 months or 12 days. Just thought you should know.

In the case of expired O-A visa while you are in THailand, a re-entry permit will expire with the last entry stamp day that you have in your passport. 

2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

a re-entry permit will expire with the last entry stamp day that you have in your passport. 

To be clear, the re-entry permit will expire on the same day that your current permission to stay (which you received on your last entry before the visa expired) expires.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, GeorgeCross said:

i think health insurance may only be an issue after you come back to thailand not on the way out or at CM immigration

no-one has any idea whats going to happen on re-entries yet i think

My O-A expires Dec 9th., so i did  border run  (SATUN) on Sunday 27th.  I just filled in my TM6, passed it in with PP and was out and back in within minutes for 2nd year, stamped till Oct 2020. Nothing about insurance.

30 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

My O-A expires Dec 9th., so i did  border run  (SATUN) on Sunday 27th.  I just filled in my TM6, passed it in with PP and was out and back in within minutes for 2nd year, stamped till Oct 2020. Nothing about insurance.

The insurance requirements do not kick in until after Oct 31st... After that everything is up in the air - Especially for O-A visa holders...

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Curious?... Will the airport immigration issue a multiple entry reentry or just single?

Also what is needed at the Airport?... Just the firm and a picture?

Either.. 

You need the right sized photo and the forms are there, and funds of course. 

Be aware you cannot do it in CM if your flying to bangkok and not clearing outbound immigration in CNX for CIQ / staying airside in bangkok, so non connecting tickets mean you would then do it in bangkok. 

Allow time. 

X posted on IMM QA

Back at Chiang Mai Immigration to pick up re entry Visa. Wednesday arrived in line, 1401. Presented papers then shuffled off to desk 5 with ticket. Immediate service as no one was at desk. 

Out the door with a multiple Re Entry Visa at 1413.

12 minutes in total for my re entry visa this afternoon.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:40 AM, stuartd1 said:

I take it you have thought it through and really need a multiple re-entry permit. I used to get one when I worked and was in/out >3 times a year but now I find the airport immigration service best when I need to go. Just my passport has been required and they do the rest! Might need the TM 30 as well now.

Do immigration photocopy for you or you have to do it yourself elsewhere? I find it's a hassle to photocopy each time and the time to wait.

On 10/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, Suradit69 said:

To be clear, the re-entry permit will expire on the same day that your current permission to stay (which you received on your last entry before the visa expired) expires.

Exactly ! Thanks 

On 11/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, EricTh said:

Do immigration photocopy for you or you have to do it yourself elsewhere? I find it's a hassle to photocopy each time and the time to wait.

They will do all the photocopying at the airport.....but they charge a 100bt fee for forgetful individuals who turn up unprepared with no photocopies, no application form and just a panicked begging look on your face.

Like I did last time.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:40 AM, stuartd1 said:

Do you know the hours for Thai immigration at the airport?

37 minutes ago, luther said:

Do you know the hours for Thai immigration at the airport?

If by "Thai immigration at the airport" you are referring to the desk at which one can purchase a re-entry permit that is physically located within the confines of the airport itself, it's open whenever there are international flights departing CNX.  If no one is manning the desk (which is rare, in my experience), you would ask one of the IOs checking passports to please come over and assist you.

Be advised - the desk is located after security so you will need a same day boarding pass to get through security to access that particular desk (i.e., you go to the airport early for your international flight to obtain your re-entry permit prior to boarding the aircraft.) 

It's on the left, after security and prior to the IO's checking passports for outbound international passengers.   

Archived