BANGKOK
Barley

Multi Reentry Permit for non O-A at CM Immigration

Hello,

My non O-A visa was issued in September 2018, so I am in Thailand now having started my second year with my arrival middle of this September.

I would now like to apply for my Multi Reentry Permit at CM Immigration.

I am not an early riser, so what do you think should be the latest time of the day that I should show my face there to get it done?

Do I only need to bring my passport and they will hand me a form to fill out and that will be it, or is there more to it? More documents, photocopies, passport photos etc?

Should I go tomorrow (Oct 31st) to avoid any confusion with the new health insurance scheme or do you think that won't apply to me?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Barley

i think health insurance may only be an issue after you come back to thailand not on the way out or at CM immigration

no-one has any idea whats going to happen on re-entries yet i think

• Thanks 1

Thank you!

I have also found that I need to fill out form TM-8 form for multi-reentry permit, which I found here

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=533895

on this great forum (thanks to @ubonjoe).

Do I need to bring any other Documents except TM-8, picture, and my passport?

What would be the latest time to show up at CM Immigration for same day processing?

Edited by Barley

Thank you so much!!!

This information will make it so much easier!!!

You may already know this but your re-entry permit ends when your visa / extension does, whether you have had it for 12 months or 12 days. Just thought you should know.

• Like 2

You will also need a copy of your TM30 (As mentioned by CMBoB).

Edited by ProbPossConf
CLARIFICATION
  • Like 1

Makes know difference what time you get there you will still have to wait all day, and maybe the next

I take it you have thought it through and really need a multiple re-entry permit. I used to get one when I worked and was in/out >3 times a year but now I find the airport immigration service best when I need to go. Just my passport has been required and they do the rest! Might need the TM 30 as well now.

16 minutes ago, stephehr said:

Makes know difference what time you get there you will still have to wait all day, and maybe the next

The OP's question and this thread are about Chiangmai Immigration only.  I mention that as your comment has no relationship to fact with respect to CM Immigration.

11 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

You may already know this but your re-entry permit ends when your visa / extension does, whether you have had it for 12 months or 12 days. Just thought you should know.

In the case of expired O-A visa while you are in THailand, a re-entry permit will expire with the last entry stamp day that you have in your passport. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

a re-entry permit will expire with the last entry stamp day that you have in your passport. 

To be clear, the re-entry permit will expire on the same day that your current permission to stay (which you received on your last entry before the visa expired) expires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monday seems to be the busiest at CM imm.  Avoid.  Prior poster recommend ten or two are good times.  I was in and out in 20 minutes going afternoon midweek  a month back.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, GeorgeCross said:

i think health insurance may only be an issue after you come back to thailand not on the way out or at CM immigration

no-one has any idea whats going to happen on re-entries yet i think

My O-A expires Dec 9th., so i did  border run  (SATUN) on Sunday 27th.  I just filled in my TM6, passed it in with PP and was out and back in within minutes for 2nd year, stamped till Oct 2020. Nothing about insurance.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

My O-A expires Dec 9th., so i did  border run  (SATUN) on Sunday 27th.  I just filled in my TM6, passed it in with PP and was out and back in within minutes for 2nd year, stamped till Oct 2020. Nothing about insurance.

The insurance requirements do not kick in until after Oct 31st... After that everything is up in the air - Especially for O-A visa holders...

Edited by sfokevin