22 provinces to be hit with water shortage from November 1

snoop1130

22 provinces to be hit with water shortage from November 1

By The Nation

800_839bf368b1f6409.png

Ratchada Thanadirek

According to a report from the Office of Natural Water Resources, Thailand will enter the dry season on November 1, deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek said on Tuesday (October 29).

“Up to 22 provinces will be hit by water shortage, seven of which are in the North, 10 in the Northeast, one in the East and four in the South. This water shortage is expected to affect 717,000 people,” she said. 

She also said that areas near the Krasiao Reservoir, Thap Salao Dam, Ubol Ratana Dam, Lam Nang Rong Reservoir and Chulabhorn Dam will be short on water for irrigation. These dams and reservoirs cover eight provinces, namely Suphan Buri, Uthai Thani, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Maha Sarakham, Kalasin, Buri Ram and Chaiyaphum.

“The prime minister is calling on related authorities to come up with plans to reserve water and seek new sources by digging wells and dredging canals,” she said. “He has also urged farmers to keep updated with information released by related authorities.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377903

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-30

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek

The lovely Ratcharda! I am a big fan, she is my pin up girl. She exudes confidence.

But as a government spokesperson she always brings the bad news the ministers and the PM are too cowardly to announce themselves.

Ratchada.png

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The lovely Ratcharda! I am a big fan, she is my pin up girl. She exudes confidence.

But as a government spokesperson she always brings the bad news the ministers and the PM are too cowardly to announce themselves.

Ratchada.png

What do you expect? a public announcement from the TAT ?

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The prime minister is calling on related authorities to come up with plans to reserve water and seek new sources by digging wells and dredging canals,” she said. “He has also urged farmers to keep updated with information released by related authorities.”

Once again closing the gate after the horses have all gone......

I'm not defending the government on this one because it is not only this government but the many governments before them. There is one thing thou and that is it does not matter how many dams and reservoirs you have if you do not get the rain then you end up with things the way they are now. Just look at the current drought in Australia. There has not been the rain, so now there is no water

16 hours ago, farmerjo said:

No water and these alternate chemicals are going to use up to 4 times more water.

Where is that coming from.

It might be time to return to Grand Dad's farming, right?

extensive and non-intensive cultivation and regular fallow on a cycle of three or even four years.

Too easy to always put the blame on something else or worse on "the others" while the first responsible is the farmer.

Archived