Brother fears his sister Amelia Bambridge may have been abducted

geovalin

Koh Rong island, Preah Sihanouk province – The brother of British tourist Amelia Bambridge, who mysteriously disappeared after partying at Koh Rong island’s Police Beach last week, yesterday said he believes someone may have abducted her as he holds out hope she is still alive.

Speaking to reporters last night after the end of another fruitless day searching for his sister, Harry Bambridge said someone knows something about her disappearance. “I believe there is a chance she’s still alive. So, I do think someone has taken her. Like I said, there’s a lot of lack of information about her disappearance,” he said. “Again, once we get to the bottom of this, it will all make sense. But absolutely there’s a chance – absolutely I still believe she’s still alive.”

Front-page.jpg

“I believe that someone knows more about this, about her disappearance, than we know at this minute, so we just need more information,” he added. “What’s a little bit suspect to me is a lack of information about her disappearance. It is a party, it’s not that busy – there’s plenty of staff there. One minute she’s there, and next she’s gone…I believe someone knows what’s happened to her and it’s just a matter of finding information that’s going to tell us more about what’s happened.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50655953/brother-fears-his-sister-amelia-bambridge-may-have-been-abducted/

Cambodia police chief fears British tourist has drowned

KOH RONG, Cambodia (AP) — The police chief for the Cambodian province where British tourist Amelia Bambridge disappeared last week says he fears she has drowned, but land and sea searches for her will continue.

read more https://www.newscenter1.tv/i/cambodia-police-chief-fears-british-tourist-has-drowned/

It does seems very strange does this because they found all her belongings intact and together.

If this was a group of males up to no good, one would have thought her possessions would have been taken as well, especially in a very poor country. It goes hand in hand, if she was taken against her will, then her possessions have been as well.

To be found in the water some 30 miles away makes you consider the possibility of swimming under the effects of alcohol and drowning.

I would be very wary of putting the post mortem in the hands of the Cambodian authorities though, and only that will lead us to get near what actually happened to the girl.

However, it needs to be done by competent professionals and I just don't believe they have that expertise there.

A sad day anyway and so sorry for the poor girl and her family. Her first time away by herself on a trip two years in the planning. RIP

14 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It does seems very strange does this because they found all her belongings intact and together.

If this was a group of males up to no good, one would have thought her possessions would have been taken as well, especially in a very poor country. It goes hand in hand, if she was taken against her will, then her possessions have been as well.

To be found in the water some 30 miles away makes you consider the possibility of swimming under the effects of alcohol and drowning.

I would be very wary of putting the post mortem in the hands of the Cambodian authorities though, and only that will lead us to get near what actually happened to the girl.

However, it needs to be done by competent professionals and I just don't believe they have that expertise there.

A sad day anyway and so sorry for the poor girl and her family. Her first time away by herself on a trip two years in the planning. RIP

Indeed they do not have the expertise, to put it mildly. Nowhere in Cambodia does the capacity to do a proper post mortem exam exist as far as I know.

Hard to believe that a woman described by everyone as cautious and always doing things as part of a group would suddenly go alone, at night, into the water fully clothes for a swim, alcohol or not. Also the waters there are very calm and shallow.

Women typically look for somewhere to  put their bags  when at a party  She may have put the backpack down on the rocks on arrival ,  and been attacked after that when she did not have it on her. . Robbery would probably not have been the motive since she wasn't carrying a bag etc at that point.

13 hours ago, Yme said:

I said yesterday that someone needed to do some drift models for the Cambodians. Looks like  someone did. This is much further than they had been looking.

they were tipped off the day before by a fisherman who saw the body float by his boat.

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Indeed they do not have the expertise, to put it mildly. Nowhere in Cambodia does the capacity to do a proper post mortem exam exist as far as I know.

Hard to believe that a woman described by everyone as cautious and always doing things as part of a group would suddenly go alone, at night, into the water fully clothes for a swim, alcohol or not. Also the waters there are very calm and shallow.

Women typically look for somewhere to  put their bags  when at a party  She may have put the backpack down on the rocks on arrival ,  and been attacked after that when she did not have it on her. . Robbery would probably not have been the motive since she wasn't carrying a bag etc at that point.

Ah,

I thought she had left her clothing on the beach with her valuables!

Nope, I did not know she was fully clothed. Well, that adds fuel to the fire that something sinister has occurred.

It definitely doesn't look good. Why didn't she go with her new found friends, beggars belief,....................... or did she?  I thought I read some CCTV saw her leaving alone?

Also, you must take into consideration, would anybody, male or female, stray too far voluntarily away from their wallet and phone?

She did go with her friends. Arrived at the party in a group. CCTV does not capture the moment she left. And, since she did not take her backpack my guess is that she didn't intentionally leave.  period. Whatever happened occurred  prior to her intended departure.

The pack with her phone etc was on rocks nearby.. Possible others had their stuff there as well and she felt it was safe. If what happened occurred on a trip to or from the bathroom, understandable not to have brought  her pack.

And no, they never found her clothes on the beach. Only backpack with her  phone, charger and some bank cards. Body was found clothed in what she wore to the party, or at least with enough clothes to help ID her.

2 hours ago, my friend I said:

I have a different view. It is all about wild speculation and terrible, insensitive comments.

My point is when there's a sensitive topic, the admin and mods are careful when sourcing and posting news. And they keep the threads clean and usually are very quick to edit/delete posts in poor taste. But no forum is perfect. CEO is just better than most, IMO.

Archived