Big Oud: Immigration chief's activities starting to draw comparisons with Big Joke

webfact

Big Oud: Immigration chief's activities starting to draw comparisons with Big Joke

5pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

The latest Thai immigration chief's high profile arrests and press conferences are starting to draw comparisons with his disgraced predecessor. 

Big Oud - Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang - was speaking at his second major conference of the week at immigration HQ in Suan Phlu, Bangkok. 

The style and manner of the chief's approach - albeit without the same charisma and razzamatazz - is starting to draw comparisons in online forums with the former tourist police and immigration supremo Big Joke or Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn. 

Big Joke is now shuffling paper at the PM's office following his abrupt fall from grace in April, notes Thaivisa. 

Yesterday Big Oud - the more dour reincarnation at Immigration who came from the Border Control Police - was seen with lots of vinyl boards yesterday announcing the latest arrests under his command. 

5pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

He presented four cases as follows:

1. A 27 year old Omani who he described as a "top fugitive" wanted in his homeland was arrested in Phuket.
He was named in an Omani warrant for online fraud that swindled 10 people out of 10 million baht. He had been spending the proceeds on a tour of Asia including Thailand. 

2. A Chinese national travelling on a fake Indonesian passport was arrested in the Suan Luang area of Bangkok. The suspect admitted buying the passport through a "chat" application and further admitted that he used it to escape crime committed in China. The investigation in this case is being expanded to find other law breakers. 

3. Big Oud said that 231 Chinese people had been denied entry into Thailand. These followed a widespread crackdown on online gambling syndicates in Cambodia. The Thais had been informed by their counterparts across the border that Chinese nationals and others may be moving operations into Laos, Myanmar and Thailand. Many were found with suspicious computer equipment, denied entry and sent back from whence they came. 

4. Two adult monks and two 14 year old novices from Cambodia were arrested after complaints about monks collecting cash and other donations at a market and other areas in Nakorn Pathom. The suspects were arrested at a Buddhist retreat after they were discovered to not have passports. They were charged with illegal entry and will be deported. 

Big Oud was asked by the press about two Thai women called Dear, 28, and Naya, 20, who are wanted in Thailand for computer fraud. He said that the pair are on a watchlist to ensure they do not leave Thailand. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-31

Just now, colinneil said:

Big Oud was overheard saying...... What ever he did, i will do better, i am the man.:cheesy:

He made a BIG show of catching those dastardly farangs, Big posters ect, well i can do better.

Big Posters?

Is this someone new waiting in the wings to possibly take over from Big Joke, then Big Oud?

Still there hasn't been an official explanation as to the downfall of Big Joke..

Was it dereliction of duty, causing waves in higher places rocking the boat? I think the public have a right to know the true reasons for his demotion and fall from grace. But so far only a wall of silence for 6 mths.?? 

11 minutes ago, owenm said:

Still there hasn't been an official explanation as to the downfall of Big Joke..

Was it dereliction of duty, causing waves in higher places rocking the boat? I think the public have a right to know the true reasons for his demotion and fall from grace. But so far only a wall of silence for 6 mths.?? 

The Thai public do not have a right to know anything.

In fact, they have no rights at all!

3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Imagine the old vinyl boards signed "Big Joke" for sale at Christie's, would make a fortune.

Not sure you could even get rid of them in the 20 baht shops ????

But seriously, if they were worth anything old Fatty would have them stashed away.

Hate to think of all the hidden treasures he must have accumulated over the years

4 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Not sure you could even get rid of them in the 20 baht shops ????

But seriously, if they were worth anything old Fatty would have them stashed away.

Hate to think of all the hidden treasures he must have accumulated over the years

Could fetch more on the Thai market? In particular the masterpiece "falang in chains"...

1 hour ago, owenm said:

Here is a hint:  Early in his career his senior sponsor was a police general who happened to be Pojemon Shinawatras father.  I do not know if he had any direct association with Thaksin or whether he was just guilty of having the wrong connections,

I am now kind of thinking, is this why the tourist numbers are down, and not because of the high baht being thrown around as the true cause ?

I can see the headlines; "Thailand tourism is down because no quality tourists want in, Big Oud and his team have done a great job in cleaning Thailand up" 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Anyone who outshines Khun Prayut Chan-o-cha with self-aggrandisment in the media may be dealt with severely and receive very unpleasant occupational therapy.

Smiling.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

style and manner of the chief's approach - albeit without the same charisma and razzamatazz - is starting to draw comparisons in online forums with the former tourist police and immigration supremo Big Joke

The gall of the man .. Is he not capable of developing his own crackdown press conference style .. Big J should get down the County  Court and file against that half'inching Big O for style copyright theft .. 

3 hours ago, owenm said:

I really don't care why he fell from grace because it's all a "Big Joke" anyway... Get it? LOL

4 hours ago, owenm said:

He did not share.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

he latest Thai immigration chief's high profile arrests and press conferences are starting to draw comparisons with his disgraced predecessor. 

Disgraced, hey? I remember just after Big Joke was fired some people were saying it was just one big ruse. That Big Joke was being lined up to be superstar politician or even the PM. They actually bought into all the BS. I’d like to think BJ was fired for being the massive cretin that he is. But we’ll probably never know for sure. 

Anyway, Big Oud should be careful. Thailand only has enough room for a few false prophets. 

that is, until he gets too big for his boots, then its pen pushing time for you mister, just dont go near immigration, (as we got a good thing going) then you will be ok, (as a word in my uncles,  ear,) then you will be gone,, ha ha

12 hours ago, owenm said:

Many rumours, most point at the undiscussable.. 

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Big Posters?

Is this someone new waiting in the wings to possibly take over from Big Joke, then Big Oud?

Since Big Joke and his team became famous for their big posters, this lot amount to little more than big imposters. 

Archived