BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand road carnage: Four dead after pick-up hits motorcycles

Thailand road carnage: Four dead after pick-up hits motorcycles

77pm.jpg

Four people were reported killed at the scene of a collision between an Isuzu pick up and two Honda motorcycles on a bend in the Petchkasem Highway in Bang Saphan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan. 

The accident occurred at "Takhian bend" between kilometer markers 397 and 398 on the Bangkok bound side of the highway. 

The driver of the pick-up lost control and hit a family on a Honda Wave and a man on a CBR that were all driving on the left. The pick-up then careened into a tree dragging at least one of the bikes with it. 

A 62 year old local man was dead at the wheel of the pick-up. All three people on the Wave were killed. They were a 35 year old man, a 47 year old woman and a nine year old boy. The woman and boy had the same surname. 

A 65 year old man on the CBR was not seriously injured but was taken to hospital. 

Source: Banmuang

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-31
  • Sad 3

A dark colored pickup...could have guessed it.....around CR in my area...I see dark pickups and suvs most often speeding and swinging wide on the curves in my experience

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Not the point and not talking about small accidents. Have you ever seen an expat or tourist do what the Thai tend to do on a daily basis in vehicle gymnastics? I really cannot recall any that take the cake.

Absurd generalisations

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Absurd generalisations

Sorry. In all my years here I have seen some real doozies that leave the mind boggled. Even if there were no fatalities.

But one of the worst was just coming a bit after a CM - Chiang Rai bus accident who did not quite make the notorious and famous lethal corner. Was years ago. Need not to say anymore as the bodies were freshly pulled and lined up one after the other with blood oozing everywhere. But oddly enough that was not the only bus, truck or vehicle accident that had fatal consequences that I saw on that same very corner. And those are just a few to several in that one exact place I mentioned..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakeopete said:

Many expats go native behind the wheel in Thailand because of the poor law enforcement myself included. 

Hey! I resemble that remark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yikes. Again, Thai people do not have common driving sense or know how to control their vehicles other than hitting the gas pedal. Just how many expats and foreigners do you hear of ever having accidents like this here? I cannot think of even one. 

Hmm,...I read of several Farangs having accidents, mostly drunk driving !!!

Rip to the victims. 

Very sad that the simple change of culture, to patrol the roads and enforce the law, would reduce accidents and at the same time reduce lawless crazy driving. 

I think the riders were driving the wrong direction and the driver went out of his lane to cut the corner but trying to avoid the cyclists, could not and lost control.  

• Like 2