Hemorrhoids - An itch that won't go away

GarryP

I started suffering in around mid 2018 and it has been a recurring problem since then, although I only admitted to myself that the problem was hemorrhoids early this year (external not internal). I have tried the OTC treatments and they work for a while but after 2 or 3 weeks of stopping using the creams they return. I am not in pain, but it is uncomfortable, itchy at times, fecal leakage (skid marks round the hole probably as a result of anal mucus), and puritus ani; only a couple of time was there any blood, but tiny amounts. I have no idea what is causing it as I am not constipated and drink enough water. Really don't know what else I can do. Suggestions appreciated.

Anyway, I have decided I need to see a doctor. I normally use the services of Sukhumvit Hospital, but the only doctor who specializes in this is Dr. Tanit Vajrabukka. Does anybody have any experience with this doctor? It appears he was educated in the UK but many years ago.

Most embarrassing post ever.         

Back a couple decades ago I often had hemorrhoids. However, about 20 years ago I gave up eating meat altogether. I'm now eat mostly vegetarian but do eat fish (so really I'm pescatarian) and I haven't had a hemorrhoid since. 

6 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Dr. Chucheep at Bangkok Christian, Bumrungrad, and Chula.  He's great!

+1 to the above. He is only at BCH  once a week, Mondays or Tuesdays I think

He is also at Bumrungrad but of course that is more expensive

I don't know if you can see him through Chula after hours clinic or not, could try

Although the MDs on this forum will gladly come to your rescue, you need to have your colon checked from one end to the other by a qualified Doctor.

Don't wish to alarm you unncessarily, but you need to be sure you are not dealing with colon cancer along with the hemorrhoids...the blood in your stool is not normal and must be cared for.

Use your toilet water sprayer to clean that area after each bowel movement...you may need to spray a little water inside to get all the fecal matter out...

See, that wasn't so nasty...????

15 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Although the MDs on this forum will gladly come to your rescue, you need to have your colon checked from one end to the other by a qualified Doctor.

Don't wish to alarm you unncessarily, but you need to be sure you are not dealing with colon cancer along with the hemorrhoids...the blood in your stool is not normal and must be cared for.

Use your toilet water sprayer to clean that area after each bowel movement...you may need to spray a little water inside to get all the fecal matter out...

See, that wasn't so nasty...????

No blood in my stools. Blood was was from the sore area around my butthole. 

15 minutes ago, GarryP said:

spraying water inside

are you completely Insane ????????????????????????????

just to be clear squirting anything inside is dodgy especially thai tap water 

any bacteria may inhabit the new environment gleefully 

eat more fiber fruit use bum gun dont use tissue get a cream apply generously

colon cancer gee such a happy bunch  skid marks thats life

11 minutes ago, andy72 said:

spraying water inside

are you completely Insane ????????????????????????????

just to be clear squirting anything inside is dodgy especially thai tap water 

any bacteria may inhabit the new environment gleefully 

eat more fiber fruit use bum gun dont use tissue get a cream apply generously

colon cancer gee such a happy bunch  skid marks thats life

I use a bum gun, pat dry with tissue (not wipe my bum with it), apply Scheriproct cream twice a day. Constipation not a problem. After a week, all clear for 2 or 3 then back again. Can't apply the cream over a long period as it is a steroid and I could end up doing more damage than good. 

From reading up on it, it seems the ideal level of hardness of stool is "like toothpaste". When I read that it nearly put me off brushing my teeth. 

I will pop over to Chula hospital after work to see if the recommended doctor is available at the after hours clinic. I work within walking distance and may be able to use my office OPD coverage. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

+1 to the above. He is only at BCH  once a week, Mondays or Tuesdays I think

He is also at Bumrungrad but of course that is more expensive

I don't know if you can see him through Chula after hours clinic or not, could try

I just checked on the Chula hospital website and Dr. Chucheep is on duty at the after hours clinic on Monday through Thursday so I will try to set up an appointment next week.  Unfortunately, I can't use my company OPD cover and my Social Security cover is with another hospital so will have to pay cash. 

Surgery is sometimes indicated for hemorrhoids. Banding with rubber bands is painless, and they are gone after a while. Thrombosed or blood clot hemorrhoids do not respond to topical applications, and do require surgery. The doctor you consult will be able to advise you.

You shouldn't be embarrassed by your OP. IMO we all develop various ailments. Personally, I'd be far more embarrassed by an STD.

54 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I just checked on the Chula hospital website and Dr. Chucheep is on duty at the after hours clinic on Monday through Thursday so I will try to set up an appointment next week.  Unfortunately, I can't use my company OPD cover and my Social Security cover is with another hospital so will have to pay cash. 

I have never been able to find doctor listing for Chula after hours clinic, can you send me the link?

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I have never been able to find doctor listing for Chula after hours clinic, can you send me the link?

https://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/scheduledoctor1/

It is all in Thai language.

If that link does not work you can start from here:

http://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/#

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

apply Scheriproct cream twice a day. Constipation not a problem. After a week, all clear for 2 or 3 then back again. Can't apply the cream over a long period as it is a steroid and I could end up doing more damage than good. 

Use a more natural remedy you can find it if you look around

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Himalaya-Ointment-Hemorrhoids-Fissures-Bleeding/dp/B003M8JDXM

0101091_b.jpg

After years of Proctosedyl i finally discovered this cream that i only had to use 2 times to get cured.

I hope it works for you also.

Also consider if you might be having a yeast infection , then take a Fluconazole tablet and use canesten together with hemorrhoid cream.

I am very happy that even after a night of drinking they not come back, all because of this cream

Good luck and good health

images.jpg

19 hours ago, TSF said:

Back a couple decades ago I often had hemorrhoids. However, about 20 years ago I gave up eating meat altogether. I'm now eat mostly vegetarian but do eat fish (so really I'm pescatarian) and I haven't had a hemorrhoid since. 

Try and find if there is a food or drink that brings it on (for me it was lager beer). Consider adding some psyleum husks to your diet (please read up on how to take this stuff properly!). I have had them surgically strangled (extremely painful, not to be advised!), surgically removed (they came back!) but the best I found was cryosurgery (freezing them - provided the best solution overall). I find keeping the area clean (use a bum gun) and dry is important. Do not strub in the region. Do not strain as this will bring them on - that is why pregnant women and weightlifters suffer from them most. I found that a preparation used for nappy rash worked the best - sorry but I cannot remember the name.

go to villa market

buy CURCUMIN powder

mix with a little bit of coconut oil

make a paste

apple to bottom

borrow a "menstruation pad" from your other half... as it will stain everything

leave it and apply some more paste every few hours 

Hemorrhoids are a problem of weak vessels

vitamin C in high dose could help also

cremes and other thing like surgery, will not solve it

read side effects, those cremes will THIN the skin, and make the problem even worse if you use too long

Had that problem 20+ years ago and got it operationally removed. Never ever had a problem again and what really helps preventatively is to use the bum guns. Not only much cleaner than toilet paper alone but also "massaging" the anus muscle to allow better blood circulation. 

1 hour ago, Proboscis said:

Try and find if there is a food or drink that brings it on (for me it was lager beer). Consider adding some psyleum husks to your diet (please read up on how to take this stuff properly!). I have had them surgically strangled (extremely painful, not to be advised!), surgically removed (they came back!) but the best I found was cryosurgery (freezing them - provided the best solution overall). I find keeping the area clean (use a bum gun) and dry is important. Do not strub in the region. Do not strain as this will bring them on - that is why pregnant women and weightlifters suffer from them most. I found that a preparation used for nappy rash worked the best - sorry but I cannot remember the name.

When I was a meat eater I always had hard stools, was often constipated, and had regular discomfort of the anus. Since cutting meat totally from my diet I've had no problems at all.

So my suggestion to anyone with anus problems is try a vegetarian diet. Also cease using toilet paper and using a bum gun is a wonderful improvement. 

Hey mate,

Constipation not a problem. 

Just because you are constipated there can be a lot more to it. It's a yucky topic but...

How are your stools ?

Stool Chart

The condition usually presents itself from pushing too hard to get that sucker out of there ! Since I have come back to Aus I am having a very hard time of it, no pun intended, not sure why I am better over there. 

All the creams etc in the world only mask the problem and as soon as you start to strain again, out they pop, like a little bunch of grapes... I have found pushing the little suckers back in during a shower works well, but if I need to push again, the cycle recommences ! There are surgical options but again it comes down to diet.... 

I am no expert, just had them on and off for the last 20 yrs..... 

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

After years of Proctosedyl i finally discovered this cream that i only had to use 2 times to get cured.

I hope it works for you also.

Also consider if you might be having a yeast infection , then take a Fluconazole tablet and use canesten together with hemorrhoid cream.

I am very happy that even after a night of drinking they not come back, all because of this cream

Good luck and good health

images.jpg

I am actually using that very cream as mentioned in an earlier post. It works really well, but 2 or 3 weeks after I have stopped, the problem is back and you can't use steroid creams long term. A recurring nightmare. I am hoping to find something that will permanently keep them at bay. To repeat, I am not in pain and do not believe they are internal, but itching, general discomfort, anal puritus as a result of fecal leakage/anal mucus, etc. is a proverbial pain in the bum.

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to go to Chula Hospital yesterday evening, so may try next week, or the next time I have a flare up (the current episode seems to be improving).

To top it all off, I have started to suffer from BPH so that is another thing I am looking into. Why can't my nether regions be a little bit more friendly as I head towards retirement? I have not done anything to hurt their feelings and yet here they are attacking me like vindictive little devils.        

11 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

Hey mate,

Constipation not a problem. 

Just because you are constipated there can be a lot more to it. It's a yucky topic but...

How are your stools ?

Stool Chart

The condition usually presents itself from pushing too hard to get that sucker out of there ! Since I have come back to Aus I am having a very hard time of it, no pun intended, not sure why I am better over there. 

All the creams etc in the world only mask the problem and as soon as you start to strain again, out they pop, like a little bunch of grapes... I have found pushing the little suckers back in during a shower works well, but if I need to push again, the cycle recommences ! There are surgical options but again it comes down to diet.... 

I am no expert, just had them on and off for the last 20 yrs..... 

Good luck. 

Mostly type 4. The comparison I read was that the ideal stool should be like toothpaste - in texture not color????.  I know hydration plays a very important role in this, so try to drink enough liquids. Don't always manage that though if I have been sweating a lot.  

Since several years a friend of mine apply successfully an oil mixture of Lavender, Sesame, Chamomile, and Immortelle (Helichrysum, Strawflower). It was available as ready made mixture in a small bottle but difficult to get.

I mix it by myself sometimes leaving the Immortelle oil and apply it after each shower some 3 drops. 50+% sesame and the other -50% shared in Lavender oil, Chamomile oil and - if available - Immortelle.

Organic oil is recommended.

I had this problem (not quite as severe) 3 decades ago. It was solved naturally, no operation, no creams, no suppositories, no altering of diet. Cured and never returned.

PM me if you like and I'll fill you in.

I also attribute the natural cure to my exceptionally good health (zero problems), and younger-than-my-age-looks at 71.

And BTW, the bathing in Epsom salts suggestion is A1.

19 hours ago, GarryP said:

https://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/scheduledoctor1/

It is all in Thai language.

If that link does not work you can start from here:

http://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/#

Thanks for that but it doesn't seem to show him as available?

I wondered when you said Mon - Thurs as I know he is at Bumrungrad Thursday evenings.

23 hours ago, TSF said:

Gave up meat in 72 but had them on and off for 40 years, don't think it is connected. Ice packs, and organic cider vinegar applied on pads over night are the best things I have found, creams are usually not a lot of help.

Archived