Jump to content
BANGKOK
GarryP

Hemorrhoids - An itch that won't go away

Recommended Posts

I started suffering in around mid 2018 and it has been a recurring problem since then, although I only admitted to myself that the problem was hemorrhoids early this year (external not internal). I have tried the OTC treatments and they work for a while but after 2 or 3 weeks of stopping using the creams they return. I am not in pain, but it is uncomfortable, itchy at times, fecal leakage (skid marks round the hole probably as a result of anal mucus), and puritus ani; only a couple of time was there any blood, but tiny amounts. I have no idea what is causing it as I am not constipated and drink enough water. Really don't know what else I can do. Suggestions appreciated.

 

Anyway, I have decided I need to see a doctor. I normally use the services of Sukhumvit Hospital, but the only doctor who specializes in this is Dr. Tanit Vajrabukka. Does anybody have any experience with this doctor? It appears he was educated in the UK but many years ago.

 

Most embarrassing post ever.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking Daflon and putting calmoseptine on the area usually work. Good to wear pads if you need to to avoid inconvenience too. Hope you find a great doctor. Best of luck. 

Edited by NYGuy816
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Chucheep at Bangkok Christian, Bumrungrad, and Chula.  He's great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Dr. Chucheep at Bangkok Christian, Bumrungrad, and Chula.  He's great!

 

+1 to the above. He is only at BCH  once a week, Mondays or Tuesdays I think

He is also at Bumrungrad but of course that is more expensive

I don't know if you can see him through Chula after hours clinic or not, could try

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Although the MDs on this forum will gladly come to your rescue, you need to have your colon checked from one end to the other by a qualified Doctor.

 

Don't wish to alarm you unncessarily, but you need to be sure you are not dealing with colon cancer along with the hemorrhoids...the blood in your stool is not normal and must be cared for.

 

Use your toilet water sprayer to clean that area after each bowel movement...you may need to spray a little water inside to get all the fecal matter out...

 

See, that wasn't so nasty...😊

No blood in my stools. Blood was was from the sore area around my butthole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Use your toilet water sprayer to clean that area after each bowel movement...you may need to spray a little water inside to get all the fecal matter out...

spraying water inside

 

are you completely Insane 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

 

 

just to be clear squirting anything inside is dodgy especially thai tap water 

 

any bacteria may inhabit the new environment gleefully 

 

eat more fiber fruit use bum gun dont use tissue get a cream apply generously

 

colon cancer gee such a happy bunch  skid marks thats life

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

 

+1 to the above. He is only at BCH  once a week, Mondays or Tuesdays I think

He is also at Bumrungrad but of course that is more expensive

I don't know if you can see him through Chula after hours clinic or not, could try

I just checked on the Chula hospital website and Dr. Chucheep is on duty at the after hours clinic on Monday through Thursday so I will try to set up an appointment next week.  Unfortunately, I can't use my company OPD cover and my Social Security cover is with another hospital so will have to pay cash. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery is sometimes indicated for hemorrhoids. Banding with rubber bands is painless, and they are gone after a while. Thrombosed or blood clot hemorrhoids do not respond to topical applications, and do require surgery. The doctor you consult will be able to advise you.

You shouldn't be embarrassed by your OP. IMO we all develop various ailments. Personally, I'd be far more embarrassed by an STD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Increase fiber in your diet and thoroughly chew your food. Henry Ford attributed his longevity to chewing his food until it was liquid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I just checked on the Chula hospital website and Dr. Chucheep is on duty at the after hours clinic on Monday through Thursday so I will try to set up an appointment next week.  Unfortunately, I can't use my company OPD cover and my Social Security cover is with another hospital so will have to pay cash. 

 

I have never been able to find doctor listing for Chula after hours clinic, can you send me the link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

 

I have never been able to find doctor listing for Chula after hours clinic, can you send me the link?

https://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/scheduledoctor1/

 

It is all in Thai language.

 

If that link does not work you can start from here:

 

http://chulalongkornhospital.go.th/specialclinics/#

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...