One killed as elephants ravage Chachoengsao workers’ camp

snoop1130

One killed as elephants ravage Chachoengsao workers’ camp

By The Nation

800_e7e1971c5e20a9a.jpg

A woodcutter on a Chachoengsao eucalyptus plantation was trampled to death by wild elephants on Thursday morning (October 31).

Police were summoned at 8am to the workers’ camp in Tha Takiap district that had been destroyed by a herd of about 30 elephants.

The man killed had been asleep when the attack began.

Police were told the camp was close to an elephant trail and a local village head had warned the workers, but no fires were set to ward off wildlife.

A dog was heard barking in the area and might have panicked the elephants.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377938

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-31

32 minutes ago, Dolmance said:

This sort of thing happens.  I can't even begin to answer the question of why it happens.  It just does.  All we can do is keep faith in a loving God, and keep our heads down.  Peace... God bless...

Sincerely,

the Piranhas

Whose God sent the elephants???

4 hours ago, Dolmance said:

This sort of thing happens.  I can't even begin to answer the question of why it happens.  It just does.  All we can do is keep faith in a loving God, and keep our heads down.  Peace... God bless...

Sincerely,

the Piranhas

Actually, you CAN begin to answer the question of why this particular incident happened, sad as it may be for the deceased and their friends and family. From the OP:

"Police were told the camp was close to an elephant trail and a local village head had warned the workers, but no fires were set to ward off wildlife."

To paraphrase Emil Faber, "Local Knowledge is Good." 

I feel bad for the guy and his family, probably just a worker. I tend to think that they probably shouldn't have been encroaching on the elephants' habitat in the first place. If the elephants were there first, they have every right to their home and to protect it. And if not, humans have to be the ones to take precautions and plan ahead for both worker and elephant safety.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Dolmance said:

Sincerely,

the Piranhas

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

@Fred white.

Once again I don't understand the sad emoticon.

What's sad, my post, you are sad or what???

It must be the daftest emoticon that TV has come up with.

Apart from the idea that some imaginary sky god has anything to do with an elephant stomping some poor guy to death.

What’s god got to do with it.  Ive never seen any good done by god.  If there is a god, he’s a lazy god when you look at the number of people who die in thailand in road accidents.  So many people in Thailand pray before they set out on a trip in the car.  With so many fatal accidents I don’t see the good it does.  Getting back to the elephant.  He doesn’t know anything about god, he just does his thing with no inflation from god whatsoever. 

Archived