Non b & work permit cancellation.

Hey, 

So this week I left my job, and still have a valid non b visa (extension)/work permit until next March. My company wrote me a letter stating my last day will be on the 4th of November 2019. I Will be flying to Vietnam on the 4th and plan to apply for a non o multiply entry (based on marriage). My company just took my working permit and told me they’re going going to cancel it, ok cool, but I haven’t really been given clear instructions regarding this extension. I’ve been told to just fly out with the letter and show immigration at the airport, but some other people said go to immigration to cancel it or I may have trouble when applying for the non o in Vietnam.
If I could get some opinions on what to do, from experienced members on this topic, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Your extension of stay is technically cancelled as soon as your work permit is cancelled (assuming the EOS was granted based on your job.)  To be within the law, you need to go to immigration and get a 7 day extension beyond your last day of work. In practice, nobody will know if you never visit immigration and simply leave, however, and this is true especially if you have a multiple re-entry permit, failure to follow correct procedure may make it impossible to reenter on a new visa until you clear up your existing stay.

If you plan on coming back to Thailand right away on a Non-O, I would follow the rules.

That said, they can also probably cancel your existing EOS right at the airport with the letter if you are going to be leaving before Nov. 4.

Edited by Monomial

You should go to immigration to have your extension canceled. Imperative if you have a valid re-entry permit in your passport.

If you went to immigration tomorrow to cancel it they would post date it to the 4th so you would have time to leave the country on or before the 4th.

10 minutes ago, Jakef1994 said:

I don’t have a valid re entry permit in the passport, just the extension. If my work permit cancellation hasn’t been processed yet, will I run into trouble at the embassy in Vietnam (proof of work permit cancellation).

8 minutes ago, Jakef1994 said:

So if I I leave on the 4th will the EOS be cancelled at the airport? Also, I don’t have a re entry permit in my passport. 

Airport immigration will not cancel your extension. It will become void as soon as you leave the country.

You could leave on the 4th and apply for your visa without a problem the next day.

The work permit not being canceled will not be a problem for getting the visa.