Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand who claimed he tried to leave go-go bar without paying his bill

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You get it for being a bit gormless and not watching your tab!

But seriously, I don't see this much. Biggest problems are 'I go dance now' immediately, or a vixen moving between a number of guys and drinks. Or the old feeding frenzy when a mug appears to be buying for all and sundry. Doesn't happen to me..... (but still get tabs I wish were less).

Want to try getting out a bit more perhaps,or maybe you,'re such a geezer everyone knows you,'re made of stern stuff.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Want to try getting out a bit more perhaps,or maybe you,'re such a geezer everyone knows you,'re made of stern stuff.

Once every couple of weeks is sufficient and better for my finances. The girls know their marks.

Here is a thought.

Occasionally a bar is closed for five (5) years for repeatedly violating the operating hours closing time.

Couple years ago the Diablo Disko was closed for 30 days when the bouncers roughed up a couple of foreigners from Israel who were connected.

How about the City Government, Police, Judicial System come together and make a Law saying that Business Owners are Responsible for their Employees and any Employee who Physically Assaults a Customer instead of Calling the Police will result in the Business being Closed for Five (5) Years. And can not be re-licensed for Alcohol Sales under a new name by the wife.

Sure would go a long way toward solving a recurring problem in Pattaya, and may make foreign tourists feel safe enough to return.

3 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Here is a thought.

Occasionally a bar is closed for five (5) years for repeatedly violating the operating hours closing time.

Couple years ago the Diablo Disko was closed for 30 days when the bouncers roughed up a couple of foreigners from Israel who were connected.

How about the City Government, Police, Judicial System come together and make a Law saying that Business Owners are Responsible for their Employees and any Employee who Physically Assaults a Customer instead of Calling the Police will result in the Business being Closed for Five (5) Years. And can not be re-licensed for Alcohol Sales under a new name by the wife.

Sure would go a long way toward solving a recurring problem in Pattaya, and may make foreign tourists feel safe enough to return.

The way it's going don,t think they,'ll be a pattaya as we know it in 5 years time.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:38 PM, sanemax said:

I think that you will find that bouncers in all countries can behave violently , not just Thailand  

dont think so these day , they are all registered with the proper authorities and CCTV cameras are all over night clubs in the UK. i think the bouncer in the uk do a very good job restraining drunks, not bashing them like they used to 20 years ago, here in Thailand your just looking at getting a good kicking by 5 or 6 of them on to one. cowards and bully's 

just watched the video there were at least 3 Thais after trying to attack him, he was backing off, no threat to them at all the Thai were perusing him down the road. you would get convicted at the very least of man slaughter in most countries. completely unnecessary attack. i see the bouncer has been found not guilty also. disgrace , no justice in Thailand.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, yogi100 said:

I'm a 'Brit' and neither myself nor any of my friends have ever had any serious problems understanding how the tab system works. It's simple, you pay when you leave instead of paying as you go, we all understand something as simple as that.

We're actually quite bright and several successful nations have even adopted our language.

The fellow who was assaulted in this topic was a well travelled individual who was unlikely to not have understood the system either.

I am British and I understand the system.  However, many of my compatriots visiting Thailand are arrogant,  or  chancers. I have seen it often. In this instance the customer left the bar without paying. He left the bar without paying his bill.

3 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

dont think so these day , they are all registered with the proper authorities and CCTV cameras are all over night clubs in the UK. i think the bouncer in the uk do a very good job restraining drunks, not bashing them like they used to 20 years ago, here in Thailand your just looking at getting a good kicking by 5 or 6 of them on to one. cowards and bully's 

CC cameras all over WS and the clubs there too.

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I am British and I understand the system.  However, many of my compatriots visiting Thailand are arrogant,  or  chancers. I have seen it often. In this instance the customer left the bar without paying. He left the bar without paying his bill.

So he deserved being killed then?

On 10/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, marqus12 said:

I've been thinking for some time now that international tourism

is not a suitable industry for Thais.

They should do something else for a living.

I think if it were not not for the women and cheap  beer (before) few would go.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:05 PM, gerritkaew said:

Security guard Phumphat Tanosingh was charged with grievous bodily harm for the punch and faced a trial in Thailand.

But he was found not guilty after claiming self-defence - claiming Mike had attempted to leave the Mandarin Agogo bar without paying his bill.

So a Thai can kill, imagine if it was a faring doing this..

First they try to scam him and then they murder him. Might be a good idea to stay away from that place for those of you who like to visit gogo bars, apparently they are still in business. Considering the bouncer was not sentenced with the murder he might even still be working there.

3 hours ago, Northman said:

Might be a good idea to stay away from that place for those of you who like to visit gogo bars, apparently they are still in business

You don't seem to be well informed.

I don't know for the Mandarin in Bangkok, but the one in Pattaya walking street

concerned by this topic has been definitively closed more than 6 months ago.

And also i suggest you to read all the story before to post, not only the title.

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You don't seem to be well informed.

I don't know for the Mandarin in Bangkok, but the one in Pattaya walking street

concerned by this topic has been definitively closed more than 6 months ago.

And also i suggest you to read all the story before to post, not only the title.

I haven't been to Thailand this year so I can only go by online information. Looking up the place on Google maps it does not say that it is closed. Establishments that are no longer open almost always have something written in red along the lines of "closed on a permenent basis".

On 11/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, Northman said:

First they try to scam him and then they murder him. Might be a good idea to stay away from that place for those of you who like to visit gogo bars, apparently they are still in business. Considering the bouncer was not sentenced with the murder he might even still be working there.

They tried to scam him..... where did you read that?

It will be easy to stay away...it has been closed down nearly a year now, maybe more.... got a brand new name. 

maybe Thailand’s tourism authority should take note !  Mud sticks and the amount of news reports like this have a knock on effect. ‘S#%t Sticks’ many more upon more have a deepening provision of giving this place a wide birth. 

when will the idiots in those positions of authority begin to understand and begin to do what they are supposed to do for their welfare handout payment every month from the Thai government paymasters office ! 

On 10/31/2019 at 8:49 PM, donnacha said:

That he tried calling 911 just minutes before the attack suggests that he was the victim of a billing scam. As certain parts of their tourism industry collapse, desperate bars seem to be resorting to this stuff more frequently, and asking for evermore ridiculous amounts.

This. It would be interesting to know how much that unpaid bill was. 

Archived