Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand who claimed he tried to leave go-go bar without paying his bill

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

But I think this story have some detail that nobody will know what really happen. eg. Why not pay the bill? Why ring 911? 

He called 911 obviously because feeling in danger. Have you ever heard of drunk troublemakers calling the police ? Never happens.

Possibly the bill was "wrong" and he didn't want to pay... I heard of a few similar stories.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, marqus12 said:

50 years of experience in international tourism, 95% don't know

foreign languages...and 5% know at Yinn "level".

I trying to learn.

english is difficult.

but I will have success. Train everyday.

48 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

I've been thinking for some time now that international tourism

is not a suitable industry for Thais.

They should do something else for a living.

They should do something else for a living.... They do:- boxing. Many bouncers are ex boxers. Pattaya is one rough place to avoid.

1 hour ago, donnacha said:

That he tried calling 911 just minutes before the attack suggests that he was the victim of a billing scam.

I have myself been victim to a billing scam. I refused to pay until they corrected the padded bill, which they did. Five Thai bouncers wielding sticks, chased me down the street after I left the bar. Fortunately there is a reason for my nickname, or I might not be here writing this.

Wife Veronica, 50, said: 'For the record, I know my husband would never have left a bar without paying a bill.

Poor lady is still in shock. Her husband was killed in a Pattaya Go-Go bar. What a horrible legacy he's left behind.

3 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Is that whats going around on thai media as "justification " for the Killing. Fantastic  ????

No, I can not find this story in thai media. Nothing.

That from the western media.

The presentation of this ''news'' is an asolute non sense and a shame for the journalism.

The facts are old from more one year (May 2018) the gogo Mandarin is close since long time now, the bouncer has been tried and relaxed in a self defense case, the victim died 10 months later in England and so on 

17 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Another proof that the tourism industry is not suitable for Thais.

50 years of experience in international tourism, 95% don't know

foreign languages...and 5% know at Yinn "level".

And how is your Thai writing ability ?

Better or worse than Yinns English ?

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Reallly , bouncers in Hamberg dont get violent ..................?

First: nobody died. Second: the bouncers tried in the beginning to block him and he left and came back to fight more. Well, and then he got what he asked for. 

14 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The presentation of this ''news'' is an asolute non sense and a shame for the journalism.

first the facts are old from more one year, the gogo Mandarin is close since long time now

the bouncer has been tried and relaxed in a self defense case, the victim died 10 months later

in England and so on

The england court also say....

Acting senior coroner Graeme Hughes rejected the family’s request for a conclusion of unlawful killing.

Recording a narrative conclusion, he said: “The deceased died as a consequence of complications arising from head injuries sustained following a punch to the head.”

583508D0-3F67-4A44-BA40-9626EB27F960.jpeg

Just now, Yinn said:

Acting senior coroner Graeme Hughes rejected the family’s request for a conclusion of unlawful killing.

Recording a narrative conclusion, he said: “The deceased died as a consequence of complications arising from head injuries sustained following a punch to the head.”

technicalities, had he not been punched in the head he would not be dead.

10 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

First: nobody died. Second: the bouncers tried in the beginning to block him and he left and came back to fight more. Well, and then he got what he asked for. 

Yes, but even one punch could have killed him .

The fact that no one died is just due to luck , rather than a lack of violence 

My point being that bouncers behave violently in every Country 

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are right, it isnt normal for bouncers to punch people in the head, although it does happen

Obviously a sad incident, but the bouncers should be trained to restraint troublemakers without killing them, and the victim was alone and not carrying weapons, so, there are not any excuses.

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

My reply was to the bit about Thailand being uncivilised , whereas violence by bouncers happened in every Country and thus Thailand is as "civilised" as all other Countries

Well, I can count many uncivilized things in Thailand, beginning with the traffic, beating 5 y.o. students, public hospitals, students they murder other students because they go to the "wrong" school/university, elections, that rich people can do what they want and never go to jail...

8 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Well, I can count many uncivilized things in Thailand, beginning with the traffic, beating 5 y.o. students, public hospitals, students they murder other students because they go to the "wrong" school/university, elections, that rich people can do what they want and never go to jail...

Those things happen in every Country .

Some worse than Thailand, others better than Thailand

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

No, you are missing the nuance of what he said. He said that, because there was no mechanism for him to examine the evidence or to question the accused, a verdict of unlawful killing was not beyond reasonable doubt. The implication is that he thought it most likely was an unlawful killing but, for technical reasons, that could not be his official verdict. His verdict was restricted to the physical evidence lying on a slab right before him: "head injuries sustained following a punch to the head", with no interpretation beyond those plain facts.

He also very clearly dissed the Thai legal system when he said "there was a trial of some sorts in Thailand". The Thai legal system is an open joke throughout the world.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but even one punch could have killed him .

The fact that no one died is just due to luck , rather than a lack of violence 

My point being that bouncers behave violently in every Country 

If they are attacked, they beat back. Sure. Everywhere on earth. Some more brutal than necessary, yes. But they (in Germany) would never would beat the hell out of a customer who refused to pay - and kill him. Same as security would not do it if they catch a shoplifter.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

You know them then? Really outrageous, now a tourist can be murdered for an argument over a bill, likely padded if he had a problem with it.

Ive been told that if a customer does a runner the staff are required to pay the shortfall

15 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If they are attacked, they beat back. Sure. Everywhere on earth. Some more brutal than necessary, yes. But they (in Germany) would never would beat the hell out of a customer who refused to pay - and kill him. Same as security would not do it if they catch a shoplifter.

There is no way that the Hamberg bouncers could have been sure that the guy they hit  wouldnt die , as one punch can easily kill and a punch is a punch and its just luck/bad luck that the Brit guy died and the German didnt

Very sorry to his family for what has happened however we do not know all the facts.

Alcohol i suggest was a major factor as regards what happened, we will find out in due course.

But my gripe is why do the press always seem to headline something like this as "GULF WAR VETERAN".

We do not know what the man did as regards in the military.

He might have been a pencil pusher...A cook...A store manager.

Why the tag "GULF WAR VETERAN".

Not everyone is a hero as is suggested from these press posts.

3 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I see 2018, that was from last year?

Yep

i noticed it in my post n 37

''

The facts are old from more one year (May 2018) the gogo Mandarin is close since long time now, the bouncer has been tried and relaxed in a self defense case, the victim died 10 months later in England and so on''

i don't even know why it's presented like the new of the day

17 minutes ago, marcus111 said:

Very sorry to his family for what has happened however we do not know all the facts.

Alcohol i suggest was a major factor as regards what happened, we will find out in due course.

But my gripe is why do the press always seem to headline something like this as "GULF WAR VETERAN".

We do not know what the man did as regards in the military.

He might have been a pencil pusher...A cook...A store manager.

Why the tag "GULF WAR VETERAN".

Not everyone is a hero as is suggested from these press posts.

E0AA422E-A466-407F-8258-35089FBDDFC1.jpeg

BE3A1140-73EB-4EBF-8494-2FFEE210EF27.jpeg

Archived