Gulf War veteran, 55, was killed by a single punch from a bouncer in Thailand who claimed he tried to leave go-go bar without paying his bill

snoop1130

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All it takes is an unlucky punch or an unlucky fall and life is over. This was a perfect example of that.

Yes bouncer hitting the guy was wrong,but according to OP guy threw the first punch but missed.

Bouncer did not intent to kill him, as it was only 1 punch, not a combination, plus kicks and all the rest.

Yes, perhaps if courts knew guy had passed away, verdict would have been different, but as it stood during trial, there was no intent to kill or even to cause grievous  bodily harm, some may argue was in self defense.

I have worked on the doors in my younger years, and owned a security company, It is easy to make judgments from the other side, but if you on the job, you would be surprised what drunk people do and life as a bouncer is not all that safe. and no you can not always restrain someone or hold them up, its not movies but real life.

I have been stabbed, shot, king hit, spat at, had syringes pulled(most likely infected), sometimes you just reach to protect yourself, not react to kill or even think one punch can kill.

I have seen similar scenario, a pub fight, 2 guys attacked 1 kid, all three were barely 18, the victim was just being bullied, they king hit him, he fell down and hit his head on the brick, i saw it from the distance and rushed over.

Immediately called ambulance. Do not know what happened, but about 2 months later, had a visit from his parents, thanking me for saving his life, as doctors advised if kid was brought in 10 mins later, he would not have made it.

Sadly however, something was damaged and kid was no longer normal. His future was taken away from him, he was going to study law, but no more.

The 2 kids that hit him were charged, but similar to this case, just a fine for fighting as there was no intent to kill or cause serious harm.an unlucky fall.

Sticky Wicket.....Murders happen everywhere around the world.

I have known here of 2 however they deserved what they got.

If you live here you should have respect for all, some farang's are just loud mouth obnoxious <deleted> who deserve what they get.

Why if you think this is a godforsaken place why don't you just leave..????

8 minutes ago, marcus111 said:

Sticky Wicket.....Murders happen everywhere around the world.

I have known here of 2 however they deserved what they got.

If you live here you should have respect for all, some farang's are just loud mouth obnoxious <deleted> who deserve what they get.

Why if you think this is a godforsaken place why don't you just leave..????

I am, just liquidating all my assets at the moment

9 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Self defence, don't make me laugh.

It was obviously a scam  on the bill and then they bullied him and hit him

Do you disagree that they guy went to hit the thais first and the Thais defended themselves ?

If so, what makes you disagree with that version of events ?

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Poorly trained steroid fuelled meatheads .

A good bouncer should be restraining not throwing punches

1. Thai doorman are not on steroids

2. Have you ever worked on the door? to state should be restraining someone who is raging,  swinging and bigger than you in size and body weight? Its little different to Steven Seagul movies ????

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

1. Thai doorman are not on steroids

2. Have you ever worked on the door? to state should be restraining someone who is raging,  swinging and bigger than you in size and body weight? Its little different to Steven Seagul movies ????

My best friend trains bouncers in the UK. 

He's extremely well respected and teaches how to defend and neutralise a situation.

Just now, Sticky Wicket said:

My best friend trains bouncers in the UK. 

He's extremely well respected and teaches how to defend and neutralise a situation.

So in other words you do not know.

My best friend is a chiropractor does not mean i know how to crack necks

30 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Surely not one of my tribe, if you ask me.

But, would it make any difference if he was a plumber from France or an electrician from Denmark ?

1) Think he can defense himself better? He policeman before also.

2) the headline say “Gulf War Veteran

i not sure. Dictionary not clear. But if he the worker for private company, is he a Vetran? (Maybe Yinn wrong)

Operations Director
Securiforce International
Oct 2003 – May 20073 years 8 months
Iraq
•    Instrumental in setting up and establishing a new company providing security services in Iraq. Working in a high pressure environment
•    Responsible for the development of all operational activities including Operating Procedures and Logistics.
•    Responsible for liaison with Government Departments, NGOs, US Military and Commercial Companies.
•    Responsible for commercial aspects of company including contract negotiations, budgetary control and financial activities
•    Instrumental in setting up and establishing a new company providing security services in Iraq. Working in a high pressure environment
•    Responsible for the development of all operational activities including Operating Procedures and Logistics.
•    Responsible for liaison with Government Departments, NGOs, US Military and Commercial Companies.
•    Responsible for commercial aspects of company including contract negotiations, budgetary control and financial activities

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

What on earth does that mean! 

Comparing apples and oranges there!

You obviously are missing the point so I'll leave you to it

It means when you do not have any personal experience it is not wise to make assertive statements basing on what your friend does.

You do not have a point for me to miss, you first assert Thai bouncers are on steroids and meatheads, which is clearly false and not only shows you have zero understanding about steroids but have even less understanding to notice all Thai doorman at gogo bars are too skinny, most likely do not even hit the gym let alone use steroids.

Then you make assertion based on what your friend does what and how doorman must work, yet you have zero personal experience doing the job.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

1) Think he can defense himself better? He policeman before also.

2) the headline say “Gulf War Veteran

i not sure. Dictionary not clear. But if he the worker for private company, is he a Vetran? (Maybe Yinn wrong)

Operations Director
Securiforce International
Oct 2003 – May 20073 years 8 months
Iraq

"Veteran" means "having had long experience in a particular field" in this case, war in Iraq.

My point is, whatever was his job, he didn't deserve to be killed for something trivial like an unpaid bill, or an argument about the bill.

5 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

He hit him, he killed him, that's enough for me. 

The CCTV evidence would only decide the length of the sentence. 

Sticky. You not understand again.

“The judgment was handed down without them knowing that Mike was dead. Had they known I wonder whether or not the conclusion would have been different.’

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

have worked on the doors in my younger years, and owned a security company, It is easy to make judgments from the other side, but if you on the job, you would be surprised what drunk people do and life as a bouncer is not all that safe. and no you can not always restrain someone or hold them up, its not movies but real life.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but the victim was alone, in a foreign country, surely the bouncers (i assume there was more than one) could have managed a better deal.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience, but the victim was alone, in a foreign country, surely the bouncers (i assume there was more than one) could have managed a better deal.

According to OP, there were 2 and he threw the first punch in the air, which i assume means he missed

16 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

He hit him, he killed him, that's enough for me. 

The CCTV evidence would only decide the length of the sentence. 

There is such a thing as "acting in self defence" ,  they have that law in every Country

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

"Veteran" means "having had long experience in a particular field" in this case, war in Iraq.

My point is, whatever was his job, he didn't deserve to be killed for something trivial like an unpaid bill, or an argument about the bill.

Ok, thanks. Dictionary not clear for me about the “war vetran”

The thai guy not try to kill him for the bill. I not know.

IMO But maybe the punch not kill, but when he fall the ground, smash his head. JUST IMO I NOT KNOW. Not want to argue. Just think it. I think hard to kill from one punch. IMO

Archived