Wealthy woman stuffed in fridge: Police arrest suspect in Nakhon Sawan

webfact

Wealthy woman stuffed in fridge: Police arrest suspect in Nakhon Sawan

1am.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Thai police have arrested a man suspected of murdering a wealthy woman and stuffing her in a fridge in Chiang Mai. 

Withoon Sritabut or "Em", a 39 year old from Lampang, has so far not implicated anyone else. 

The elder brother of Wannee, 58, found her body in her town home in Jom Thong district of Chiang Mai on Sunday after she had gone missing for some time. 

Her hands and feet were bound and an effort had been made to encase her in cement in a fridge that was on its side and plugged in. 

She was a wealthy woman from Bang Plee, Samut Prakarn who had donated millions to temples and Chiang Mai University. 

Withoon was arrested on a warrant issued in Hot as he rode a motorcycle along Route 1072 in Muang district of Nakhon Sawan yesterday afternoon. 

Cash in the sum of 1,200,000 baht was found under the bike's seat along with a five baht weight gold necklace. 

It was earlier reported that a man had withdrawn 1.2 million baht using the victim's ATM card.

Police said that following the murder Withoon had fled to Kanchanaburi then bought a motorcycle for 160,000 baht in Nakorn Pathom. He was then tracked to Suphanburi, Chainat and then finally to Nakhon Sawan. 

Region 5 police chief Lt-Gen Prajuap Wongsuk said that so far Withoon says he had acted alone. 

This is at odds with a recorded phone message in the hands of police.

The force earlier suggested that two men were involved in the murder and theft of property from the victim including her BMW that was parked at her property in Jom Thong. 

Withoon is now under interrogation back in Chiang Mai. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-01

1 hour ago, mberbae said:

As more news comes out, it seems that the wealthy benefactor was indeed NOT what she said she was.

There is no record of any business that she owned. The wealth was gained through other means.

Hint - Egypt has many of them.

Camels ?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

How do you get 1,200,000 from an ATM?

Several times ;

even if you cannot withdraw more than 30,000 baht each time, just do it as many times as you want within the limit of daily withdrawal related to the card.

With my debit card I can withdraw 300,000 baht a day;
so in ten times ... if I have the balance available, of course! :thumbsup:

Suspect ‘admits’ to causing death of millionaire during robbery attempt

By The Nation

800_64b729a7503e9de.jpg

Withun “Em” Sitabut, 39, a key suspect in the murder of millionaire Wannee Jiracharoenying, has reportedly pleaded guilty to punching her until she became unconscious, and hiding her body in a refrigerator, according to police who interrogated him on Friday (November 1).

Police had arrested him while he was riding a motorcycle in Nakhon Sawan province on Thursday (October 31) and charged him with attempted robbery resulting in the death of Wannee, the millionaire whose body was found on October 27 in a refrigerator at a house in Chom Thong, Chiang Mai province.

The suspect reportedly told police that he had used Wannee’s ATM card to withdraw Bt140,000 every day totalling over Bt1 million before his arrest. He reportedly planned to meet his wife and two children in Chiang Mai for 2-3 days before turning himself in.

The suspect told police that he had gone to Wannee’s house between 7am and 8am and allegedly punched her many times until she fell unconscious. He allegedly tied her hands behind her back and stole her ATM card to withdraw money. When he came back to the house, he reportedly found Wannee dead. He told police that he decided to hide her body in the refrigerator before taking her vehicle to flee the scene.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377979

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-01

12 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

when i use my card to withdraw the limit i get a message from my bank.

I suppose this not hapened in thailand?

Well of course it happens in Thailand if your phone is linked to your account like mine and many others are. Any ATM withdrawals go to my phone in seconds.

However, sending a message to your phone for you to look at when you are lying dead in a fridge, is not going to be seen is it?.........☹️????????

Archived