Crackdown on sidewalk riding: 18 million in fines collected - 7 million in last three months alone

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

But Sakonthee said that a survey shows that most members of the public and the "win" riders (motorcycle taxis) agree with increases in fines and removal of jackets for three years. 

Only weeks ago when the talk of new higher penalties and removal of win jackets for 3 years, all the bike riders were up in arms at the severity of the new regulations. 

So with this new survey, they are now agreeable?? One would think not.. 

8 hours ago, pieeyed said:

Wish they would enforce the same in Pattaya. Nearly get run over daily by motorbike riders.

They just need to make it a law throughout Thailand!!!!! Sidewalks were made to WALK on, not ride motorbikes or pedal bikes. They were to get walking people out of the streets so they don't get hurt..... They also need to get the motorbikes out of the markets! It's bad enough you have to walk sideways when they are open for business when a bike comes and stops at various stops on their bikes to get food some of them could use a walk instead.... 

8 hours ago, Beggar said:

Directly IN FRONT of the big police station on the Beach Road in Pattaya is a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights. Even if the traffic has the red stop light not everyone really stops. Especially motorbikes but even some car drivers don't care. There needs to be a camera that takes pictures of such vehicles. But on the other hand just recently I could read that the (new) fine for driving through a red light is only 300 Baht... 

Should be 3000 plus vehicle crushed that’ll stop em

9 hours ago, Beggar said:

Directly IN FRONT of the big police station on the Beach Road in Pattaya is a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights. Even if the traffic has the red stop light not everyone really stops. Especially motorbikes but even some car drivers don't care. There needs to be a camera that takes pictures of such vehicles. But on the other hand just recently I could read that the (new) fine for driving through a red light is only 300 Baht... 

I saw a car parked across a zebra crossing so couldn.t even get on crossing.how stupid is that

On 11/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, Beggar said:

I've had cops run the lights

On 11/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, Beggar said:

The new fines that I found somewhere are shocking (the interpretation why I leave up to you). I still can't believe that this information is correct. So if someone has better information please correct me. 

- Drunk driving: imprisoned up to 1 year/fine up to 20,000 baht

• Not paying annual tax: fine up to 2,000 baht

• No license plate: fine up to 2,000 baht

• Allow another person who doesn’t have a driving license to drive your vehicle: fine up to 2,000 baht

• Driving without driving license: imprisoned up to 1 months/fine up to 1,000 baht

• Driving a noisy vehicle, such as a loud exhaust: fine 500 baht

• Overtaking another vehicle from the left: fine 400 baht

• Driving over the speed limit: fine 400 baht

• Taking a turn without using signal blinkers: fine 400 baht

• Driving through a red light: fine 300 baht

• Taking a U-turn in the wrong place: fine 200 baht

• Parking at a no parking area: fine 200 baht

• Driving motorbike with no helmet: fine 200 baht

The passing law is stupid. Many times I have had to pass on the left because a truck was hogging the right lane below the speed limit

On 11/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, Beggar said:

The new fines that I found somewhere are shocking (the interpretation why I leave up to you). I still can't believe that this information is correct. So if someone has better information please correct me. 

- Drunk driving: imprisoned up to 1 year/fine up to 20,000 baht

• Not paying annual tax: fine up to 2,000 baht

• No license plate: fine up to 2,000 baht

• Allow another person who doesn’t have a driving license to drive your vehicle: fine up to 2,000 baht

• Driving without driving license: imprisoned up to 1 months/fine up to 1,000 baht

• Driving a noisy vehicle, such as a loud exhaust: fine 500 baht

• Overtaking another vehicle from the left: fine 400 baht

• Driving over the speed limit: fine 400 baht

• Taking a turn without using signal blinkers: fine 400 baht

• Driving through a red light: fine 300 baht

• Taking a U-turn in the wrong place: fine 200 baht

• Parking at a no parking area: fine 200 baht

• Driving motorbike with no helmet: fine 200 baht

good post but I believe running a red light is 1000 and should be but I was fined this for turning left at the light the officer at the pattaya police station must have need some whiskey as he changed the fine at the station to running a red light 1000 baht... welcome to thailand lol

2 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

good post but I believe running a red light is 1000 and should be but I was fined this for turning left at the light the officer at the pattaya police station must have need some whiskey as he changed the fine at the station to running a red light 1000 baht... welcome to thailand lol

I thought you could turn left at a light after you stopped

On 11/1/2019 at 8:38 AM, webfact said:

most members of the public and the "win" riders (motorcycle taxis) agree with increases in fines and removal of jackets for three years. 

Totally discredits the article. Increased fines I would believe.

12 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Clearly a 2,000Baht fine is not a sufficient deterrent.

Make it 10,000 Baht and immediate confiscation of the bike for 6months.

You really thought that through?

18 hours ago, Fred white said:

I thought you could turn left at a light after you stopped

Not everywhere in Thailand ;
in Pattaya there are fires where it is forbidden and it is also well written (in Thai, but no one is supposed to ignore the Law) on the pole;
Those who know these places know they can avoid the fire by turning left a few tens of meters before this one.

Archived