did my extension today in Kap choeng

43 minutes ago, allane said:

Had you travelled outside of Thailand in the preceding year ? If yes, did they require you to do a TM 30 ?

No, I have been here 14 years so no TM30, even though I have travelled within Thailand and stayed at hotels I have never done a TM 30 because after asking the IO he said it wasn't necessary unless I was going to live somewhere else or if I was to leave Thailand for a holiday.

35 minutes ago, Martyp said:

And of course the question on everyone's mind is what type of extension (marriage? retirement?) and what was your original visa entry type? (O? or O-A?) Was there any mention of insurance if your original visa was O-A?

'O', retirement visa, no mention of health insurance (although I have such an insurance) One thing I must say, I don't know if it is important but I always wear a good suit, white shirt, tie and black leather shoes when I go to the IO. My wife says it is very important as it shows respect to a civil servant and they register this mentally. I have always received a friendly reception at the IO but this time it was extremely friendly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I always wear a good suit, white shirt, tie and black leather shoes when I go to the IO. My wife says it is very important as it shows respect to a civil servant and they register this mentally.

You wife is smart. And correct.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

'O', retirement visa, no mention of health insurance (although I have such an insurance) One thing I must say, I don't know if it is important but I always wear a good suit, white shirt, tie and black leather shoes when I go to the IO. My wife says it is very important as it shows respect to a civil servant and they register this mentally. I have always received a friendly reception at the IO but this time it was extremely friendly.

Thanks. There is no insurance requirement associated with original O visas.

I haven’t owned a suit in 20 years and Thailand is too hot to wear one (except for maybe today) but I do dress decently. Long pants. Shoes. Nice enough shirt. 

Some people I see a CW . . . well, you just have to wonder what they were thinking when they got up that morning.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Martyp said:

Thanks. There is no insurance requirement associated with original O visas.

I haven’t owned a suit in 20 years and Thailand is too hot to wear one (except for maybe today) but I do dress decently. Long pants. Shoes. Nice enough shirt. 

Some people I see a CW . . . well, you just have to wonder what they were thinking when they got up that morning.

A suit is OK, it's a Thai silk suit made to measure, I have two of them they aren't hot to wear even in the hot season, I like wearing them (you get looks from the girls as well) as I have always worn suits to the office in Germany, at home I wear 'T' shirts and shorts but if going out, even to Tesco's I will wear a suit.

• Haha 1