Phuket Immi. Extension of stay based on marriage

Hello - I am new here and am hoping to receive some insight, advice and guidance.

For 15 years I have secured a extension based on marriage using the overseas income method.

I am now informed that Phuket Immigration will no longer accept income of over 40K/month from abroad.

From Phuket Immigration Volunteers.

"Sorry, forgot to mention.... no monthly  income from overseas in a Thai bank account is accepted by Phuket immigration.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM Phuket Immigration Volunteers <[email protected]> wrote:
"However, I need to know if proven monthly overseas deposits of at least 40,000 Baht will be accepted for an extension based on marriage".

Dear Sir
Unfortunately, Phuket Immigration does not accept monthly income for an extension of stay / marriage
The link I sent you shows the requirements of the Phuket Immigration for an extension of stay / marriage
Regards
PIV"

The link ([email protected]) also includes this in relation to extensions based on retirement - "UK, USA and Australia applicants require monthly overseas deposits into your Thai bank account of at least 65.000 Baht a month for the previous 12 months which must be proven" So it seems income is accepted, at least for retirement extensions.

I am not due to renew until Feb 2020 but would like to know exactly where I stand.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

For extention based on marriage at Phuket.

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 40000 month. (Max 6 months old),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.
NOTE: Income certificates from the UK, USA and Australia are not accepted anymore for the extension application.
OR
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money ( Minimum THB 400.000 ) for at least 2 months before application date. (Max 7 days old)
Copy updated Thai bank (saving account only) book name page and last 2 months transactions.
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned

OR
Work Permit with company and tax papers

Not sure why Phuket immigration is not following the official rules that sill state the 40k baht income is still accepted.

I do recall them not accepting the income being transferred into a bank without proof of the source of the income. 

I did a extension based upon marriage here in Ubon in August using the 40k baht in the bank option by showing my income going into the bank for a year. They did ask for proof of the source of my income which had ready to give them if asked for it.

6 minutes ago, PST said:

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 40000 month. (Max 6 months old),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.
NOTE: Income certificates from the UK, USA and Australia are not accepted anymore for the extension application.
OR
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money ( Minimum THB 400.000 ) for at least 2 months before application date. (Max 7 days old)
Copy updated Thai bank (saving account only) book name page and last 2 months transactions.
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned

OR
Work Permit with company and tax papers

Thanks for that - I had already seen it.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why Phuket immigration is not following the official rules that sill state the 40k baht income is still accepted.

I do recall them not accepting the income being transferred into a bank without proof of the source of the income. 

Thank you - Can you point me to a link relating to the official rules and is there any means of appealing/challenging Phuket's stance?

6 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Thank you - Can you point me to a link relating to the official rules and is there any means of appealing/challenging Phuket's stance?

Clause 2.18 here. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income 

No appeal other than calling the immigration helpline at 1178.

I took a copy of the police order when i tried to extend last year and presented it to the IO along with my cert of income from British Embassy ( thats was still valid ). Flat out refused.

Phuket make up their own rules

10 minutes ago, PST said:

I took a copy of the police order when i tried to extend last year and presented it to the IO along with my cert of income from British Embassy ( thats was still valid ). Flat out refused.

What did you do to resolve the issue?- I presume you are still living in Phuket/Thailand

14 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

What did you do to resolve the issue?- I presume you are still living in Phuket/Thailand

Yes, i live in Phuket, i didn't do anything to resolve the issue to be honest, i simply got another NON O ME on my last trip back to my home country. The only option i have to extend now since the 40k/certificate of income method has been stopped is to sit 400k in the bank for 2 months, then apply for extension based on marriage via the normal procedure on the last 30 days of any of my future 90 day stays, however with the exchange rate the way it is, im reluctant to transfer anything at present.

• 1 month later...