Roojai.com to enter Chiang Mai’s online car insurance market

ASEAN NOW Sales

XX1A8112.png

Roojai.com to enter Chiang Mai’s online car insurance market

Online insurance, designed to be simple, affordable and reliable

Chiang Mai, Roojai.com, the fastest-growing online car insurance platform in Thailand, has introduced a new campaign focused on Chiang Mai to increase awareness of the brand among Chiang Mai’s drivers. Riding on the tagline, “Always there when you need us,” the campaign also highlights the competitive pricing, which is up to 30% lower than that of competitors, along with the use of technology to ease the entire process, from getting a car insurance quote to making a road accident claim.

Nicolas Faquet, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Roojai.com, said: “Roojai.com has quickly become a market leader in online car insurance in Thailand. This was achieved through the use of cutting-edge innovations that allow for a fast, transparent, and easy digital experience. We also employ technology to boost efficiency and performance while reducing costs. That enables us to offer competitive car insurance prices to our customers.

Other competitive advantages are the user-friendly and highly secure payment system where customers can check prices, customize coverage, and purchase an insurance policy directly online. The Roojai Mobile app allows customers to perform video car inspections, speeding up the process, and notifying claims through GPS location. These features give our customers in Chiang Mai convenient access to a seamless auto insurance experience.

We are committed to continuously improve our service, both in technology and customer support, to deliver value and fulfill the promise we make to our customers. We have received over 41,000 reviews from customers and our average rating is  4.86/5. 

Recently, we have received the Best Contact Center 2019 award from the Thai Contact Center Trade Association (TCCTA) for the second consecutive year. We were also invited to represent Thailand at the Contact Centre Asia Pacific Innovation Award 2019 where we were awarded the Platinum award. These awards push us even more to strengthen our commitment and determination to giving customers the best possible services”

XX1A8095.png

Roojai.com’s Chief Marketing Officer Federico Brandi also cited, “We are very excited to introduce this new campaign and make Roojai.com well-known among Chiang Mai drivers”.

He continued, “The main reasons why we decided to focus on Chiang Mai are the large number of private cars, the low level of road accidents, compared to other Thai provinces, and the high use of e-commerce platforms in the province. Our campaign focuses both on traditional media, such as billboards, radio spots, cinematic ads, activity booth, and brochures, as well as on online channels, such as Facebook, Google, Line and YouTube. Our goal is to convince Chiang Mai’s drivers to get a car insurance quote on Roojai.com and fully take advantage of a great price and innovative platform.”

Get quote here

On 11/1/2019 at 2:22 PM, piewarmer said:

I get quoted less than half of my current premium on this site. Is it real?

...from what i have heard from several local Thais..they maybe about 60% less than other companies, but when it comes time for repairs some of the repairer's standards are definitely in question with poor workmanship, non-computer matched paints and extra charges being added on which the underwriter won't cover..so beware, make sure you get a copy and full explanation of the Assessor's quotation.

29 minutes ago, tandor said:

...from what i have heard from several local Thais..they maybe about 60% less than other companies, but when it comes time for repairs some of the repairer's standards are definitely in question with poor workmanship, non-computer matched paints and extra charges being added on which the underwriter won't cover..so beware, make sure you get a copy and full explanation of the Assessor's quotation.

Had 2 claims this year, was other drivers fault both times, police involved in both cases. 

Agent took care of everything, excellent standard of repair both times, went to same workshop.Will be renewing with them again this year.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, tandor said:

You can tailor the policy to cover only dealer body work if you wish.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The quote I got is very attractive, but the lack of feedback from motorists who have had actual experience with a claim is putting me off.  It doesn't help that a search on Thai Visa for "Roojai claims" or even simply "roojai" came up with two results both of which were advertisements which, were I a sponsor, would cause me some concern - surely there must be some mentions in the motoring forum?  I've no reason to suppose this company is doing other than offering great value by targeting the safest of drivers but, as everyone knows, insurance can only be judged when the worst happens and by then it's too late to make a change.

The other issue is that I hear that they only cover up to 70 year old drivers and that milestone is looming in my case.

Edited by Greenside

We have 2 vehicles insured with them.. 

No idea how they are in the event of a claim but as I've been paying for car insurance for 30yrs now and never made a claim, the fact that I can pay 6k a year is better than 14k a year... They certainly undercut most other companies here !!

We have both our cars insured with them,saving about 15,000 baht a yr. Took the option to have them repaired at the car dealership,so we are happy with that. Roojai are an agent for krugthai,pretty easy to deal with online. They also requested a video call to have a look at the Ford ranger that’s 2 yrs old before we paid the premium,just to confirm there was no damage. Also liked the Roojai rewards,the misses claimed them and put fuel in her car.LOL.Never been involved in an accident so can’t give any feedback on their performance in that area,hopefully never have too.

The  policy was a bit more expensive for me,being 57 by about 1300 Baht compared to a policy for the same car for a 37 yr old.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:32 PM, falang1969 said:

Insured with them the other day, every other company has always wanted around the 15k mark premium for a 2011 Isuzu Dmax 4 door.

So never bothered getting Class 1 insurance in the past.

The annual premium with Roojai was 5500bht!

Class 1 insurance, any driver over 25, a 5k excess (which was voluntary), 460k coverage for own car, chose the breakdown roadside assistance, 3rd party property cover is BHT5m and BHT2m for personal 3rd party per person + all the other "normal coverage".

They do a video call to look at your vehicle and take photos at the same time, all documentation arrived this week.

I guess they can offer these premiums as their overheads are very low, no regional offices all over the country with 100's of staff pushing bits of paper around in each office, salaries, rents, bills etc etc. They have one central location for everything, it seems. 

Makes complete sense to me!

They sent a guy over to inspect our car which was about 2 1/2 years old at the time. He spent about an hour going over the car, including using some unusual gauges and meters and things I had never seen before. He spent a lot of time inspecting the tires and brakes. He probably took over 30 images! I believe he also took a sample of the paint! He also "interviewed" the wife and I. It was odd.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

Hi Guys

I have a 20 years old VW, still going strong,

Anyone knows if they do offer roadside assist ?

What Cover should I buy ?

Thanks for your input

Warmest

Call them, excellent English spoken. 

• Thanks 1