Freezing out there

grifbel

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Looks like it will be a cold winter.  So much for global warming.....' You need to be corrected here.

Firstly Climate Change is just that! The climate has always and will continue to change according to the various factors that affect the Earth. The Solar System is not static and it moves though the galaxy. The Sun and planets are affected during this journey. The Earth does not rotate about the Sun in a perfect circle and it also 'wobbles' on its own axis. CME's from the Sun, the Earth's own magnetic field etc. etc. etc. change in regularity and affect the climate.

Global Warming means, again, just that. It infers that the Earth is warming up generally and Climate Change may or may not contribute (depending on what evidence or lack of that you agree with). Now consider the warming of the ice continents. As the ice melts it produces a drop in water temperature and the currents are affected. For example, the UK would suffer colder water currents and therefore lower temperatures. The same would be true of some northern states in the USA with regard to ice melting in Canada. That lowering in some ocean current temperatures will only last for as long as the ice sheets melt but, if/when all the ice sheets/glaciers etc are gone then the oceans currents will simply get warmer and warmer (assuming GW continues).

Actually it's a lot more complicated than the above which is just an overview.????

On 11/1/2019 at 8:35 PM, sirineou said:

I hope you are right about the winter, a bit cool is always nice in Thailand, but I am afraid

You are confusing weather with climate. The climate is becoming increasingly warmer , no one is disputing that. even though weather in some regions and for some times might become cooler. 

Many different views on the climate from many different scientists. Who knows what the reality is ?

OP is absolutely correct

On 11/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, grifbel said:

Looks like it will be a cold winter.

Yes, the locals are collecting logs of wood for the winter, all this firewood is already piled up October 16th in front of a house where I live – and it's even down in the southern part of the nation – it looks like an utterly cold winter is expected...????

113)20191016_115844_firewood.jpg.ebc2c291668f22f3ea837bdad25785bb.jpg

I hope the mods delete this ridiculous thread.  But I guess this does help explain the Pattaya is doomed nonsense.  When they aren't doing that they are denying man-made climate change, vaccinations, that the moon landings were real, and that the world is round.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:20 AM, Tayaout said:

My wife insist on keeping the aircon at 27C but I pointed out it's 25C in the room. ????

My room is also maintained at a very cool 27C, but as the room got down to a chilly 27.8C on its own, I decided not to use it... so people come out to have a whine about cold weather when it's that hot? It's ridiculous. I was riding the motorcycle at 4am with shorts and a T-shirt and still taking cold showers.

Dont trust any of these people with their homemade thermometers.  Let's go with verifiable facts and sources.

A low of 23 according to this site

https://www.accuweather.com/en/th/pattaya/317584/hourly-weather-forecast/317584

23 with a real feel of 22!  No snow or ice though!

6 AM

11/9

23° Intermittent clouds
Precip 0%

RealFeel®: 22°

Wind: 13 km/h ENE

Gusts: 17 km/h

Humidity: 72%

Dew Point: 18°Rain: 0 mm

Snow: 0.0 cm

Ice: 0 mm

On 11/1/2019 at 9:01 PM, grifbel said:

No you are confused.  Let me help you from wiki, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate

"Climate is the long-term average of weather".

Not sure why the global warming brigade is always trying to play with words.

It hasn't been referred to as global warming for at least twenty years.

Climate change is the amended description, more extremes of weather, more flooding, more droughts, more very hot weather, more very cold weather. Possibly why it may be cool again at Christmas in Bangkok and Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived