Doi Inthanon National Park: no Thai price with pink ID card anymore

CNXexpat

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sounds like you can afford a few hundred baht to visit a national park wheras Mr. Somchai can't. I'd have no problem subsidising Mr Somchai and his family if it meant that he could enjoy the beauties of his own country too.

It has nothing to do with "afford" as me and others wrote before. If a restaurant give me an English menu with higher prices than written in the Thai menu of my wife, I also leave. It doesn´t matter if it´s 10, 20 or 30% or 10, 20 or 30 Baht more expensive for me. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My gf has never paid any income tax, and none of her pals or family have either.

Less than 20% of the Thai population ever pays income taxes.

You missed the word "average". That was a very important word to comprehend there.

And there are expats who pay no income tax too. So what is your point? 

Look, point blank... if you can't answer i am done, there is no point. Who pays the vast majority of Thai taxes, Thais or expats?

If you are too proud to answer that then fine. The answer is obvious, and those are the folks let into parks at a lower price. If you want to do something silly like check tax forms before entering a park, then say so, but as it stands the dual pricing makes perfect sense considering the fact that Thais pay the vast majority of Thai taxes.

7 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

If a restaurant give me an English menu with higher prices than written in the Thai menu of my wife, I also leave.

I've had that happen a few times, I just pointed to the Thai menu and paid that price.

No need for a wife, I can read the Thai menu myself.

If a place insists I pay more than a Thai, I just don't go (or sneak in the back for free).

Parks are big places, plenty of ways in without passing a ticket office.

Do I feel guilty about not paying?

Not for a second!

15 minutes ago, illiterate said:

Your statements are barely making it past third grade intelligence levels.

Somchai is the name of an average Thai. God, I need to explain you everything. So I better stop answering your stupid arguments. It´s not worth to discuss with you, also because you jump from topic to topic and can´t see the reality. Boring and annoying!

4 minutes ago, illiterate said:

You missed the word "average". That was a very important word to comprehend there.

Who pays the vast majority of Thai taxes, Thais or expats?

If 80% don't pay tax, that makes non tax payers the average Thai.

Or are you too illiterate to understand the word 'average'?

Probably foreign corporations pay the most tax.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You just said (above) "80% [of Thais] don't pay tax". 

It is so difficult to take you seriously. Any Thai who has ever bought something in a 7-11 has paid tax. 

You seem to be a numbers guy. But, oh, what a surprise, all the numbers you look up are in your favor. 

Find this number: how much of the total Thai tax burden rests with Thais, and how much rests with foreigners? 

You will find all the answers you need right within that number. 

14 minutes ago, illiterate said:

You just said (above) "80% [of Thais] don't pay tax". 

It is so difficult to take you seriously. Any Thai who has ever bought something in a 7-11 has paid tax. 

You seem to be a numbers guy. But, oh, what a surprise, all the numbers you look up are in your favor. 

Find this number: how much of the total Thai tax burden rests with Thais, and how much rests with foreigners? 

You will find all the answers you need right within that number. 

I think it'll be easier for both of us, if I just put you on ignore.

Same as I did before you were banned and reincarnated.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think it'll be easier for both of us, if I just put you on ignore.

Same as I did before you were banned and reincarnated.

I agree. It will be much easier for you when you are losing an argument and have a flawed position. 

I have never been banned from here. Not been that lucky yet. 

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably foreign corporations pay the most tax.

You seem to have a terribly obtuse view of who actually pays (the majority of) taxes in any given country. 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, Lacessit said:

Private companies that give an 80% discount to their shareholders usually go broke. Just as well those parks are publicly funded.

I am wondering what the Chinese pay, because I can't see them standing still for that kind of price gouging.

As I understand only westerners euros etc. Pay higher.  All Asian countries pay Thai

5 minutes ago, ifmu said:

As I understand only westerners euros etc. Pay higher.  All Asian countries pay Thai

No. The cashier said only Thais pay 50 Baht. She asked if I have a Thai ID, I said "no", she said "then you pay 300 Baht". The same by example at the Ayutthaya Historical Park. I have to pay the foreigner price and I have seen that Chinese in front of me have to  pay it too.

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

It has nothing to do with "afford" as me and others wrote before. If a restaurant give me an English menu with higher prices than written in the Thai menu of my wife, I also leave. It doesn´t matter if it´s 10, 20 or 30% or 10, 20 or 30 Baht more expensive for me. 

Has this ever happened to you? More apples and oranges.

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've had that happen a few times, I just pointed to the Thai menu and paid that price.

If a place insists I pay more than a Thai, I just don't go (or sneak in the back for free).

Not for a second!

if  you often go after 4-30 in the afternoon the old dear on the gate is usually  long  gone, just walk  in.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:27 AM, sirineou said:

We are guests not shareholders. You are a guest worker. Apply for permanent status and citizenship  and you too can save some money at national parks. 

Oh that old “ we’re just guests” again....haven’t heard that one for a while. ????????????

Obviously another example of directions from the top being ignored. Earlier this year the PM issued a directive that dual pricing for national Parks etc MUST cease immediately, but then shortly thereafter the govt announced that there would be dual pricing for hospitals. Just another example of the hypopcracy of the junta.

This thread could not be any more telling about the people posting in it. 

The post where the guys says he will sneak into national parks, basically theft - stealing from a country's park system - is the post getting all the approval. 

And where are the moderators? I would think a post essentially bragging and encouraging other guests of a country to break its laws, steal from its park system, and essentially trespass, would be taken down. But I am wrong. 

Does not get much more classy than that. Carryon. 

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not for a second!

Here, I will quote it so he can't renege and backpedal his way out of it. 

Pure class there. A classy move to leave <deleted> like that up too. Visitor of a country, sneaking into, trespassing, and stealing from a foreign country and encouraging other to do the same. All in the name of screwing beautiful and treasured national parks (not bankers or politicians) out of money too. 

After living in countries with 'real mountains' I've never seen any reason to go to Doi Inthanon.  I went one time to make the Mrs happy and that was enough.   Thais seem to be infatuated with the frost.  I don't particularly want to pay 400 or 500 THB to go see frost and visit a mountain that has no particular view.  This was a normal weekend sight during ski season back in the US.  Doi Inthanon is an uninteresting foothill at best.  Not worth the discriminatory (racist) dual-pricing scheme.  Not many places in Thailand are. 

image.jpg.f74a820c7b6733b0cfaf7364e562346e.jpg

21 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I guess we should have stayed home, saved the money and bought a couple of plastic buckets and thrown water over each other. Living the dream. 555

No, but you should be a responsible parent and get your children out of Thailand if you expect them to have a real future. 

You’re kids won’t 555 when they get a sub par education that results in <deleted> jobs, assuming they don’t get killed on the roads first.

Just now, dcnx said:

No, but you should be a responsible parent and get your children out of Thailand if you expect them to have a real future. 

You’re kids won’t 555 when they get a sub par education that results in <deleted> jobs, assuming they don’t get killed on the roads first.

Disagree, Thailand is a great place for bilingual Thai children.

Way more prospects of living a happy and fulfilled life than western children, especially for boys.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, chuang said:

Sad to say, why come thousands of miles here just to whine about a few bahts....STOP coming to thailand if you feel you are being scammed....????

Some people will never get it, you seem to be one of them. It’s never ever about “the few baht(s)”

Archived