Amelia Bambridge’s death is by accidental drowning

geovalin

Police have ruled out foul play or any criminal possibility in the death of Amelia Bambridge, aged 21. Sihanoukville police, after receiving the initial reports from the joint autopsy and physical examination of Ms Amelia’s body said that the cause of death was by drowning.

Medical experts from the Child Protection Unit (CPU), police Technical and Science Department, forensic medical and police experts, British Embassy officials, court prosecutor  and provincial  hospital experts had examined the body of the missing British national who had disappeared since October 24th. Colonel Sut Sam Un, Technical and Science unit chief at the provincial police station said that her death was not caused by criminal activities not foul play.

“We are continuing our investigations. The results have shown that Ms Bambridge, whose body was found floating face up in the open sea near the Thai-Cambodia maritime boundary, some 80kms from Koh Rong is consistent with drowning. “There is no physical evidence to show there was any other cause beside drowning. There are many questions to be answered as to how she drowned  and whether she entered the sea near where her backpack and personal items, including phone were found,” Colonel Sut said.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50656653/amelia-bambridges-death-is-by-accidental-drowning/

What a waste of a human life.  For the life of me I can not understand young people travelling like this without a partner in this case a girlfriend that she knew and trusted.  Let's face it these days there are too many people out there that will take advantage of you to travel alone.  Especially these parties like the one they talk about and of course Full moon.  

AGAIN TO THE PARENTS MY CONDOLENCES 

No reason to disbelieve accidental drowning. Happens all the time here in Thailand also. Since all her belongings were found I dont see the "foul play" angle.

But going travelling alone like this for a young lady is definitely a high risk activity. It is better to have a good friend along to watch each others back.

RIP.

....condolences to the family....

...as for the assessment....children form the west learn to 'never swim alone'....especially not in strange surroundings....and at odd hours...

...did they check for anything else....???

...!@#$%^&*(...

3 hours ago, owenm said:

I wonder if there were toxicology tests done to see if she had drugs in her system prior to her drowning or just alcohol.. RIP Amelia.. 

throughout thw world there is no lack of alcohol only related drownings. even in waist to shoulder high calm water

4 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

No reason to disbelieve accidental drowning. Happens all the time here in Thailand also. Since all her belongings were found I dont see the "foul play" angle.

But going travelling alone like this for a young lady is definitely a high risk activity. It is better to have a good friend along to watch each others back.

RIP.

I see many post mortem results on another forum and they are often dubious which doesn't fill you with confidence that this would be right

Archived