Good English Speaking Lawyer In Chiang Mai

ThaiPauly

Hi all,

My mate's relationship with his Thai G/F has gone down the pan, and although he has a pre-nup

in place the lawyer that he did all his planning for such an eventuality is for some reason no

longer in business. We think this is because he was either too ill to continue with it or the

worst has happened to him, My friend heard that he was seriously ill in hospital a year or so ago

but now his phone numbers are no longer in service.

So if anybody on here could recommend anyone we would be eternally grateful, he wants to get this moving

as soon as possible

He knows it won't be easy , even with the Pre-Nup but the situation is now beyond repair for reasons that I don't

think he would be comfortable me discussing on here.

Cost is not really important right now, he just needs to get it done

Thanks in advance guys

Tanin Law used to be very good but I think she has also retired.. 

Banjob at CM legal is honest and cheap.. But maybe not vary 'hard charging negotiator' type. 

CM Legal & Business Co., Ltd.
No.5 , Soi1, Loikhor Rd, Changklan, Muang,
Chiangmai 50100,Thailand
Phone +66-53449545
Mobile Phone 081-7646123, 081-2889982, 086-4303240
www.cmlegal-business.com
E.-mail [email protected] ,[email protected]

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Tanin Law used to be very good but I think she has also retired.. 

Banjob at CM legal is honest and cheap.. But maybe not vary 'hard charging negotiator' type. 

CM Legal & Business Co., Ltd.
No.5 , Soi1, Loikhor Rd, Changklan, Muang,
Chiangmai 50100,Thailand
Phone +66-53449545
Mobile Phone 081-7646123, 081-2889982, 086-4303240
www.cmlegal-business.com
E.-mail [email protected] ,[email protected]

Much appreciated LL

14 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Sumalee at Tanin was still in business couple of months back and was talking about returning to her original office location but no sign that has happened yet.

I tried to contact her for weeks a couple of years back.. Her office was saying 'ohh shes in later in the week' 'only part time' etc.. So I assumed she had finally exited.. Last time I spoke to her was 7 or so years back and she told me she was trying to stop then. 

She is superb imo, and seems to know everyone you need to know, walk into any government building and someone always knows her and shes treated very nicely.. Half of what she smoothed over for me was done purely by her being the one there. 

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I tried to contact her for weeks a couple of years back.. Her office was saying 'ohh shes in later in the week' 'only part time' etc.. So I assumed she had finally exited.. Last time I spoke to her was 7 or so years back and she told me she was trying to stop then. 

She is superb imo, and seems to know everyone you need to know, walk into any government building and someone always knows her and shes treated very nicely.. Half of what she smoothed over for me was done purely by her being the one there. 

Yes I was in touch with her regarding a will a few (5 or 6) years ago but she was never available and cancelled the appointment we had made , I never made another, then I heard she was sick.

I don't think she is practicing these days, but I don't know about her health. Just hope she is OK, she sounded a really nice person

• Like 1

My last appointment with Sumalee was July when she mentioned moving back to 29 Tanin. My last correspondence was mid September so think you'll find she is still practising.

She did have a health scare earlier this year but managed to get over it and certainly hope she is well today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

My last appointment with Sumalee was July when she mentioned moving back to 29 Tanin. My last correspondence was mid September so think you'll find she is still practising.

She did have a health scare earlier this year but managed to get over it and certainly hope she is well today.

That's great news.

I may get my will done now then.

Thanks for the update Mahseer,

Rhys Bonney is the lawyer at Assist Thai Visa. Although I don't know if the firm handles relationship breakdowns. There is a Siam Legal office off Chang Khlan Road, past the traffic light at Lanna Hotel on the left going towards the 1317.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I have been through several lawyers in CM and I would recommend none of them. If I were you I'd contact AssistThaiVisa as I believe they have a lawyer there or some use Sumalee who I heard is competent too.

Agree. I've also met several lawyers in CM.

Personal experience is better than 'I heard'.

I went to talk to two lawyers that two of my acquaintances recommended but it turned out they're not as good.

I am still searching for an honest and reasonably priced lawyer fees.

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, Mahseer said:

29tanin.com

That is/was also the address of her office (remove the 'com' add 'road') when I had some very good dealings with her and her staff, a few years ago.

Yet again, all I can say is that Sumalee and her staff are highly recommended by myself and by my business associates when I dealt with her and her Office on my previous business dealings in Thailand. 

5 Stars from me.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

He has selected a lawyer now, but I think this thread may have been very useful for others as well, not just for G/F issues, but for other things as well, like finding out that K.Sumalee is well and actively practicing in Chiang Mai

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Oh I had problems with my ex in the past. I had to look for a good lawyer not only relationship wise but also a good medical lawyer. I broke up with my GF because I got sick working on the factory. I had a medical exam and turns out I have mesothelioma. I got it because I was exposed to this thing called asbestos while I was working at the factory. It was really scary at first becasue I had no idea how to treat it and how to make sure that people that got me exposed to this carcinogen pay. I googled some potential asbestos lawyer candidates and I did find some of them. To make things worse my GF ditched me in the middle of the whole being sick and looking for a lawyer thing so it's kind of <deleted>ty. I did look for a relationship lawyer after she ditched me and if you want extra details you can PM me.  

Edited by seb345