Soi Dog Foundation responds to government’s pet registration proposals

rooster59

Soi Dog Foundation responds to government’s pet registration proposals 

By The Phuket News

1572664038_1.jpg

Registration will do nothing to solve the real problem of stray dogs in Thailand, says CEO of Soi Dog Foundation Louise Rose. Photo: SDF

Soi Dog Foundation (SDF) has questioned the the government's resurrected plan to get the public to register their pets and have the animals microchipped for identification purposes.

The Phuket-based animal rescue charity questions the details of the proposed amendment to the Animal Cruelty Prevention Act, especially the fee structure.

“While registration has some value, it must be applied carefully,” said Louise Rose, CEO of Soi Dog Foundation.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/soi-dog-foundation-responds-to-government-pet-registration-proposals-73472.php#8BJH5kOo4lcBJ1dF.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-02

Just how are the 'government' suggesting they police this scheme?  the idea is sound but what about the managing of it?  what if a soi dog has no chip?  who will scan the millions of soi dogs?  will they euthanize them?  Soi dogs are a MENACE most have skin diseases, are under fed and get into packs being aggressive to any who get near them. I used to like dogs before I came here.

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Just how are the 'government' suggesting they police this scheme?  the idea is sound but what about the managing of it?  what if a soi dog has no chip?  who will scan the millions of soi dogs?  will they euthanize them?  Soi dogs are a MENACE most have skin diseases, are under fed and get into packs being aggressive to any who get near them. I used to like dogs before I came here.

euthanise them? They can't won't do that here.

Nah, no ID chip, just release them back onto the soi again, if they can't find a dogs' home to take them.

No change really.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Soi dog foundation are only making the situation worse, the problem does not need soppy do gooders, it needs bullets! The army has no qualms about shooting fellow citizens when ordered so why not soi dogs?

Probably be more animal lover complaints about the death of the defenceless canines than the citizens.

its a western concept - so it wont work here. the only thing which might work is to hire a million dog catchers for strays and neuter all of them. (use supervised low risk prison population and pay them for each dog caught). Then, there might be some benefits to introducing compulsory registration at pet shops/breeders (which the dog owner should pay for). but, ignoranceis bliss - latest from my village is some local dumped 8  new borns on a side road.

Respectfully, you all have it incorrect.

The problem in Thailand is that there is a food source on the street (garbage) just waiting for an animal, any animal, to munch on. No matter how many soi dogs you kill, more will come as long as there is food.

And, even if you managed to kill all the soi dogs, then another animal will take their place; would you prefer cats or rats?

If you want to get rid of stray animals, then you have to remove their food supply.

I ain't holding my breath...

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Registration will do nothing to solve the real problem of stray dogs in Thailand, says CEO of Soi Dog Foundation Louise Rose. Photo: SDF

So they Know , Now Do something about it . Get Dog/cat catchers ,round up All the rooming dogs/cats ,if they not Claimed by the owners (for a Fee) Exterminate them after a week. Done Works in Australia 100%

Sorry Thailand is a mess, literally. Returned to the UK and was driving down the road and no cattle eating at the side of the road or dogs roaming everywhere and guess what are all over the place here? Little Red bins for putting your dogs poo in and those majic things bins for putting rubbish in. I brought my dog from the UK to Thailand and regelreted it as could not take my dog out of the garden or walks no the beach or parks. Supposed animal lovers who watch dogs starve to death or slowly die being covered in mites no hair and scabs everywhere. Disgusts me. 

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Soi dog foundation are only making the situation worse, the problem does not need soppy do gooders, it needs bullets! The army has no qualms about shooting fellow citizens when ordered so why not soi dogs?

ahh the keyboard expert, done any research into why your asinine idea won't work? Also, how are you going to explain to people who look after a lot of the soi dogs that you took them around the back and shot them? Don't think your little plan would last very long, would it.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:17 PM, Thingamabob said:

It never ceases to amaze me that so many humans like to kill animals.

Why? is it better to let them suffer from hunger/tics/ lice/mites/ Mange. on top of that they are nuisance/bite /<deleted> all ver the pace chase cars and bikes /course accidents ,just last night an other accident A Soidog ran across the road into a bike ,Bike broken rider in Hospital.    Happy now? Get real .

Archived