Best place to buy Steak ? (Phuket or Bangkok)

Hi,

I usually buy steak from Makros or Villa or have tried a couple of different Western suppliers with varying degree of success from WOW-Excellent to "I cant chew this any more". The best I've tried so far was the Villa Stanbroke Augustus Tomahawk, think it was 2,000thb for a LARGE Tomahawk. But they start at about 1200thb I think.

So 2 questions, first anyone know where you can buy Augustus direct from wholesalers, and secondly where do you buy your favourite steak ?

Cheers BBJ

Passion Delivery has some nice imported steaks that are  good, tender and EXPENSIVE!  If I buy Thai beef it usually ends up in the meat grinder or a roasted boneless sirloin cooked rare that is sluiced on a meat slicer very thin, shaved, and used for sandwiches..  If you are going to grill Thai beef, save some money and grill your flip flop!

10 hours ago, wayned said:

Passion Delivery has some nice imported steaks that are  good, tender and EXPENSIVE!  If I buy Thai beef it usually ends up in the meat grinder or a roasted boneless sirloin cooked rare that is sluiced on a meat slicer very thin, shaved, and used for sandwiches..  If you are going to grill Thai beef, save some money and grill your flip flop!

Yeh tried a Passion Wagyu once, wasnt TOO impressed ! Might give it another try...

Villa did some acceptable ThaiFrench RibEyes a few years back, slightly better than FlipFlop BBQ !

2 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Yeh tried a Passion Wagyu once, wasnt TOO impressed ! Might give it another try...

Villa did some acceptable ThaiFrench RibEyes a few years back, slightly better than FlipFlop BBQ !

When I buy it, I buy the fillet either from the US or Argentina.

Archived