Tenants from Hell! Thai woman posts warning about US man and his Thai girlfriend

rooster59

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, steven100 said:

exactly,  and if you respect the owners property you will most certainly get your deposit back. 

Problem being if the tenant tries to avoid paying the last month or two and tells you to keep the deposit. 

As you should know it's nearly impossible to get your deposit back if the owner is Thai.

5 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

As you should know it's nearly impossible to get your deposit back if the owner is Thai.

sorry, disagree …. not sure how you come to that, however I've really only rented of one thai family for 12+ years and absolutely no issue.

7 hours ago, thaipod said:

I had the same problem with my condo in Sukhumvit a young Canadian. He was having parties with bar girls on a regular basis. The curtains were ripped down, the freezer door was ripped off and the carpets and the fabric lounge had stains everywhere. The bathroom had never been cleaned and the new expensive mattress i had to throw out. I refused to give his bond back and he made lots of threats of during my wife until he realised we had before and after photos.

A couple of tenants later same thing with a upper class Thai girl left the aircon on for a year and never opening the window mildew growing over everything curtains carpet the floor and bathroom was never cleaned.

sold it never again

had so called upper class thai uni student and sister. place was in pristine condition. after they left i discovered new microwave i bought at their request was gone, sliding shower door was pulled off. nice wood floor in bedroom been flooded and destroyed. kept bond but did not 100% cover new floor

This is all staged, either by the tenants over some disagreement with the owner or by the owner herself.  This "mess" can be cleaned up in less than 30 minutes and the place ready for rental.  No sticky food, melted ice cream, old pizza, walls and furniture are clean, nothing is broken.  The bedding even looks clean, just rumpled.

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Something not quiet right with this story to me that just looks like the emptied the bin bags all over the floor, maybe she was refusing to give back the security deposit Id like to hear the other side of the the story

Most probably she refused to give back the deposit, as this is common practice in Thailand. Landlords and Landladies know about the costs and time involved to get the money back by a civilian court. I experienced that too, and I know about other cases in my neighborhood.

22 hours ago, madmen said:

And this is exactly why 2 months rental is the norm. Ive had a similar experience so any farang demanding less than 2 months i tell them to keep walking

Assuming your properties rent for a minimum of 10k per month, and this clean up would cost you no more than 2k - I don't see it confirming your need to withhold 2 months.

There appears to be no damages and it's plastic bags and bottles laying all over. So what! Looks no different than any other public area in Bangkok that I see on a daily basis. Typical whining crybaby trying to cause drama and inflame the ill feelings between Thais and foreigners.

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, definitely staged, all the trash is relatively clean and easy to sweep up.

Where is the Pepsi or Coffee stains or the half eaten noodles or som tam ??

Either the tenants tried to stage some protest ( without actually doing any damage ) or the landlady has a beef with the tenants and created this “ show “ ( again without damaging her own property ) .

Who knows ??, but more to this story than she is telling.

There is an endless amount of possible scenarios..

The guy could have discovered his gf was crazy, and did a midnight runner.

The Gf, left alone, could have then trashed the place in revenge, or just in rage..

and left, since she would not want to be left to pay rent.

It wouldn't be the first time a guy has left an appartment and forfeited the deposit because of a crazy gf.

The things scattered around

(like the air-freshener for example)

hardly look to be the typical kinds of things that dirty slothfull people would keep.

The power bill is also suspicious.

How the หell can a condo rack up a 4k monthly bill with no-one there ?

Could be a revenge move, someone turning the aircon on and leaving it to run 24/7.

So yeah, maybe something else going on..

23 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Something not quiet right with this story to me that just looks like the emptied the bin bags all over the floor, maybe she was refusing to give back the security deposit Id like to hear the other side of the the story

I agree

Oh the troubles of a landlord, who all the regulations seem to favor in my opinion. Ever had something replaced in a Thai apartment, like a section of pipe or a drain. They usually charge you, the tenant! Not to mention the way they deduct from deposits for nothing a good 20% of the places I have stayed.

Give someone 500 baht to clean this up and find another tenant. Seriously, woes me. Poor Thai landlords have it so tough. 

I didn't go further than the first page.

This apartment does not look dirty. 

this apartment has a lot of 'clean' garbage all over the floor and a bit on the bed.

There doesn't appear to be any kind of damage and you would expect the landlady to highlight pictures of that

This looks like a stitch up.

I certainly don't believe it and would like to hear the other side of the story.

11 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I didn't go further than the first page.

This apartment does not look dirty

this apartment has a lot of 'clean' garbage all over the floor and a bit on the bed.

There doesn't appear to be any kind of damage and you would expect the landlady to highlight pictures of that

This looks like a stitch up.

I certainly don't believe it and would like to hear the other side of the story.

lots of posts saying the apartment doesn't look dirty including this post. It just confirms what pigs farang can be whilst crying about there deposit being taken. judging by the comments on this thread they certainly deserve to lose their deposits !!

18 minutes ago, madmen said:

lots of posts saying the apartment doesn't look dirty including this post. It just confirms what pigs farang can be whilst crying about there deposit being taken. judging by the comments on this thread they certainly deserve to lose their deposits !!

You seem to have misunderstood the posts .

They mean that the apartment looks clean, apart from all the rubbish and thus the rubbish may have been deliberatly spread over the floors, for whatever reason by whoever .

Apart from the rubbish , the apartment looks clean

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You seem to have misunderstood the posts .

They mean that the apartment looks clean, apart from all the rubbish and thus the rubbish may have been deliberatly spread over the floors, for whatever reason by whoever .

Apart from the rubbish , the apartment looks clean

I think the persons who are saying 'staged' are misunderstanding

The photo showing the bed contains the curtain for the left hand window screwed up in a pile on the floor with other junk - not something the landlady would do for sure

Which then leads to perhaps the place is the way she found it?

Hard to believe people can live like this but in my view yes the place has been left in a mess and her complaint is surely valid!!

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

I think the persons who are saying 'staged' are misunderstanding

The photo showing the bed contains the curtain for the left hand window screwed up in a pile on the floor with other junk - not something the landlady would do for sure

Which then leads to perhaps the place is the way she found it?

Hard to believe people can live like this but in my view yes the place has been left in a mess and her complaint is surely valid!!

Its an opinion, rather than a misunderstanding .

Some posters feel that the room wasnt a messy room, it wasnt lived in like that .

It was a clean and tide room and someone threw a few bags of rubbish around to make it look messy .

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its an opinion, rather than a misunderstanding .

Some posters feel that the room wasnt a messy room, it wasnt lived in like that .

It was a clean and tide room and someone threw a few bags of rubbish around to make it look messy .

Then those posters are clearly misunderstanding the photos, for whatever reason..........

31 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Then those posters are clearly misunderstanding the photos, for whatever reason..........

I think you are the one misunderstanding the photos.

There is basically only dry trash on the floor, some tissues, mostly bags and empty bottles. No food or other stuff which would go bad and might leave a nasty small or spilled drinks or whatever.

Cleaning this room as seen on the photos takes probably 30 minutes and 3 trash bags. Obviously it's not nice to leave a place like this when moving out, but it's really no big deal and definitely not "tenants from hell"

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think you are the one misunderstanding the photos.

There is basically only dry trash on the floor, some tissues, mostly bags and empty bottles. No food or other stuff which would go bad and might leave a nasty small or spilled drinks or whatever.

Cleaning this room as seen on the photos takes probably 30 minutes and 3 trash bags. Obviously it's not nice to leave a place like this when moving out, but it's really no big deal and definitely not "tenants from hell"

And the curtain pulled down laid in a pile of trash on the floor, 30 minutes to clean and replace that?

Dressing table carefully arranged by the landlady I think not, these people lived with the room in this state

Who knows what containers stank - already noted an air freshener, and somebody trying to tell us that showed the tennants were clean ????

Not tennants from hell? You do realise even pigs have the intelligence to <deleted> at one end of the sty only!!!

12 hours ago, madmen said:

I am going to tell you what landlords do right now. Not all of them. But it happens 100%. 

A landlord will have a tenant skip out and the costs to clean the apartment will be more than the deposit. I admit, this sucks, and I am with the landlord. 

But, here is what happens in reality. That landlord who lost out and now needs to just eat that as a cost of doing business, deducts from the next 10 tenants who check out and leave a perfectly clean room. That is what happens, do with the info what you may. I suppose the tenants are in fact the root of the problem. I do personally believe that if all tenants were well mannered, the landlords would be too. But i do not like it when landlords do not eat their own costs, and instead pass them on to good tenants. 

This case here looks like a 500 baht cleanup job. Cry me a river, sounds like landlord made out with the deposit to me. 

Wow so many expert witnesses on TV.  I have seen a couple of places of this,

one with a European pig and Thai GF from NE Thailand, trashed a place the

last week of a 2 month rent. another with a Russian and his supposed Thai

GF from north Thailand or Laos. Left garbage all over and unplugged the fridge with

food left in it. This happens in Canada too, except you see walls with holes punched

through, big party last day before escaping to another province, etc.

I think that some tourists are certainly capable of this kind of departure and trash

leaving.

Geezer

Archived