Who Wants My Job?

I am leaving Thailand in May as I have been offered a job and a package back home that I simply cannot refuse. This leaves Chulalongkorn University with a vacancy to fill.

The job is a Management role at the Faculty of Law and your prime role will be as follows:

-Running the LL.M Program for both Thai and international students and managing a programs office consisting of two secretaries and many visiting professors

-Project management, academic course development, student / teacher scheduling

- Business development, marketing educational programs, advertising, promotional campaigns

- Identifying new partner universities and establishing new programs and MOU agreements

- Manage student recruitment and administration bot Thai and International

- To be the main International point of reference and contact on the program

- To set the direction of the course, to maintain grading standards and to be the arbitrator in any disputes

- To set the standards in term of professionalism and to help prepare students for life after graduation

** This is not a teaching position but some teaching will be expected on academic programs in academic writing, presentation skills and research skills for the law students **

Requirements:

- Be a foreigner (not Thai)

- Not be a lawyer as we have too many of them already

- Be educated to at least Bachelors level (master preferred but not essential)

- Have a good personality and an approachable demeanour

- Professional approach

The Job Offers:

- Great working environment in an Air con office

- Very friendly faculty

- Great Law students

- Work Permit and Visa extension (Chula never has any problems here)

- A reasonable salary, health insurance plus some extra benefits

If you are interested them either PM me with a CV or contact Dr Pareena Srivanit at the Faculty of Law on [email protected]

Salary details will be discussed with the program Director and not on here. So don't ask thanks :o

Edited by Casanundra

I am leaving Thailand in May as I have been offered a job and a package back home that I simply cannot refuse. This leaves Chulalongkorn University with a vacancy to fill.

The job is a Management role at the Faculty of Law and your prime role will be as follows:

-Running the LL.M Program for both Thai and international students and managing a programs office consisting of two secretaries and many visiting professors

-Project management, academic course development, student / teacher scheduling

- Business development, marketing educational programs, advertising, promotional campaigns

- Identifying new partner universities and establishing new programs and MOU agreements

- Manage student recruitment and administration bot Thai and International

- To be the main International point of reference and contact on the program

- To set the direction of the course, to maintain grading standards and to be the arbitrator in any disputes

- To set the standards in term of professionalism and to help prepare students for life after graduation

** This is not a teaching position but some teaching will be expected on academic programs in academic writing, presentation skills and research skills for the law students **

Requirements:

- Be a foreigner (not Thai)

- Not be a lawyer as we have too many of them already

- Be educated to at least Bachelors level (master preferred but not essential)

- Have a good personality and an approachable demeanour

- Professional approach

The Job Offers:

- Great working environment in an Air con office

- Very friendly faculty

- Great Law students

- Work Permit and Visa extension (Chula never has any problems here)

- A reasonable salary, health insurance plus some extra benefits

If you are interested them either PM me with a CV or contact Dr Pareena Srivanit at the Faculty of Law on [email protected]

Salary details will be discussed with the program Director and not on here. So don't ask thanks :o

Can I wear shorts and flip flops to work?

I am not surprised.

I did try to warn Chula that they may struggle to find someone and I reckon I will be proved right on this. Let's wait and see though eh.

I wonder when the Thai's will be asking the question: Where did all the farangs go?

Edited by Casanundra

After some further checks, the Thais will also be asking "where did all the LEGAL farangs who were QUALIFIED go and why did they go?"

All the best for the education system here and I hope things work out in the future here so the young kids can get the education they deserve. I also hope the Thais also realise why these changes are happening and make improvements to the system that would attract more genuine teaching candidates, rather than blaming the farangs as usual...................

How much did you get?

25,000, 250,000?

Where here at Chula or in my new job?

To answer both of these, well I think I said 'don't ask' on the Chula one as it's not up to me to tell you and basically it's up to Chula to agree on a figure with the person they wish to employ direct.

As for the latter well 'significantly' more than 250,000 is all I am prepared to say :o

How much did you get?

25,000, 250,000?

To answer both of these, well I think I said 'don't ask' on the Chula one as it's not up to me to tell you and basically it's up to Chula to agree on a figure with the person they wish to employ direct.

As for the latter well 'significantly' more than 250,000 is all I am prepared to say :o

May I ask which country you got your new job in?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2007-03-29 10:28:46)

How much did you get?

25,000, 250,000?

As for the latter well 'significantly' more than 250,000 is all I am prepared to say

How much "did" you get?

Sounds like you're embarrassed to tell us. What do you mean "all I'm prepared to say"?

Simple question.

I use to work at many unis in Bangkok, none of them more than 40,000 a month, although they may well be more than that now.

How much "did" you get?

Sounds like you're embarrassed to tell us. What do you mean "all I'm prepared to say"?

Simple question.

I use to work at many unis in Bangkok, none of them more than 40,000 a month, although they may well be more than that now.

Seems the question is answered already. Not sure why you are belaboring this point. If you are interested in the job why not contact Chula directly as is customary when applying for a job?

Good luck to anyone going for a job (especially a managerial job) at a Thai University where there hasn't been an approx salary figure mentioned in the ad. Negotiating will be very fun! And, frustrating!

My advice (based on experience) is if your going for a job in a Thai Uni and an approx salary range hasn't been given, you will need to ask others in similar roles or look for similar jobs at other Uni's where you can find a salary figure to get an idea of what you will get.

Then at the interview it will be all up to the person who interviews you on what is offered, do they like you or not? When you negotiate, start quite a bit higher than what you want (don't start to high or they might tell you to go jump before the negotiations take place) then lower your desired salary accordingly. Once you go below a fair salary or the salary you want, you won't have much chance of getting more, so you will need to be firm (Im sure the Thai you will be negotiating with will be firm!) Always keep a smile and keep that following attitude in mind (I don't really need this job as I can get another job quite easily) if you do this, you will be able to hold the negotiation to a figure you will most likely be happy with.

Have fun and good luck to Casanundra on you new job!

mbkudu: 250,000 PM is a decent salary in a western country and there are many jobs available where you could make that kind of money (especially if you're qualified, so most likely Cas is heading of to a western country, or Japan!

Simple question.

Simple answer: It's a matter of privacy not embarrassment. Would you now like to know what size underpants I wear?

I'll give you a concession and confirm that it is more than 40,000 for the job at Chula.

But like I have already said: it's not for me to interfere with individual negotiations as that is up to the person applying and for Chula to agree on. What one person wants and expects, another person may differ on.

As for where I am going, well it ain't too far and it ain't too near either but it sure pays well. :o

I'm a lawyer by background (ten years as a Solicitor in the UK) who has taught English at Thai Universities and now teach A level Law (amongst other things). Do you reckon they might take me? Quite interested to see how far they might be pushed on salary.

I'm a lawyer by background (ten years as a Solicitor in the UK) who has taught English at Thai Universities and now teach A level Law (amongst other things). Do you reckon they might take me? Quite interested to see how far they might be pushed on salary.

Well you just never know and who knows, they may just offer you a teaching slot teaching one of the law modules instead. Send over a CV to the e-mail link i put in the add and see where it goes from there.

Well you just never know and who knows, they may just offer you a teaching slot teaching one of the law modules instead. Send over a CV to the e-mail link i put in the add and see where it goes from there.

Cheers :o