Brit held on drugs charges in Pattaya says ex-wife set him up

rooster59

Brit held on drugs charges in Pattaya says ex-wife set him up

5bcfb56bbffbajjdcjcf6.jpg

Image: Komchadluek

A British man wanted on drugs charges in the UK was arrested in Pattaya on Friday.

The 31 year old man, who is suspected of being a key player in a major drug trafficking operation based in the Oxford area of England, was arrested at a house in the Bang Lamung district after officials from the British Embassy asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for help in locating him.

Police said the man entered Thailand on 11 October 2019 and was granted permission to stay in the country until 9 November 2019. 

However, Thaivisa understands the man may have been in Pattaya since 2016 when he fled the UK after being charged in connection with the supply of cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines and MDMA worth in excess of £1 million.

The man, who denies all charges against him, said he was set up by his ex Thai wife, claiming she filed the drugs charges to get back at him after he ended their relationship.

The man is being held pending further legal proceedings. He is expected to be extradited to the UK.

Source: Komchadluek

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-03

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Ok, give him the benefits of the doubts, hear him out, even though he's a knows drug dealer according to the article, hear the wife see the evidence and then find him guilty.. fair? right?...

Unless you now don't believe the UK investigations I would say this guy is a drug dealer. Prime example of scum. First thing he does blame the Thais, real familiar as most on this forum do the same.

I wonder how many will blame the wife.. (its fashionable on Thaivisa to blame Thais) and forget that this is an UK investigation, not a Thai one.

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

Ex wife no matter what country  can stitch u up after the divorce if they hate u enough

Maybe, but do you think the UK police is so easily fooled.. Just an other criminal Brit, not uncommon at all. 

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe, but do you think the UK police is so easily fooled.. Just an other criminal Brit, not uncommon at all. 

Foolish enough to let him out of the UK. Not the first one and won't be the last.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Unless you now don't believe the UK investigations I would say this guy is a drug dealer. Prime example of scum. First thing he does blame the Thais, real familiar as most on this forum do the same.

I wonder how many will blame the wife.. (its fashionable on Thaivisa to blame Thais) and forget that this is an UK investigation, not a Thai one.

Have i missed something?......he didnt blame the Thai's did he?.............he said exwife...could of been his uk Mrs that set him up.......if he was set up that is......

10 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Have i missed something?......he didnt blame the Thai's did he?.............he said exwife...could of been his uk Mrs that set him up.......if he was set up that is......

He said he was set up by his THAI ex wife. So he is blaming a Thai.

Seems he has been 'Rumbled' based on the news link in the OP. Maybe he ran out of dosh to keep the bib at bay.

A simple google search will show that his claims to innocence are a bit of a stretch, to  say the least. The AD article (not allowed to link) gives his potted history. Not pretty.

Nice some you guys think he innocent guy. Must be the thai wife!

Mark John Rumble 31 has no job.

He live in big new Pattaya house. 

His face in the video not look shock that the police come to catch him. 

The English police say he big drug dealer. 

His says his thai wife make this problem. 194 country in the world, so he move to THAILAND!

Goodbye Mr Mark. 

71C2DECB-1AC3-47E5-8FA2-042575B94A43.jpeg

11 minutes ago, robblok said:
21 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

He said he was set up by his THAI ex wife. So he is blaming a Thai.

To clarify, he claims he was living with his Thai wife in the UK when there was an acrimonious divorce and somehow she convinced the UK police to file bogus drug possession charges.

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Fascinating punch line with all latest arrests is that embassy only asked and person is arrested., no red notice Interpol is needed , yet thai authorities can not have a single fugitive arrested. Abroad

Difference is the UK police WANT to capture them the Thai police (probably) get paid not to catch the Red bull guy. I assume that is who your talking about.

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

To clarify, he claims he was living with his Thai wife in the UK when there was an acrimonious divorce and somehow she convinced the UK police to file bogus drug possession charges.

He is claiming the UK police wants him arrested on the word of his Thai ex wife. I doubt the UK coppers are that stupid an have not gotten proof / more sources. Especially in a case like this where they are asking someone to be arrested in a foreign country.

3 minutes ago, topt said:

Given an opportunity you like to have a dig at the Brits don't you.....

I say the same thing about criminal Dutch guys and Americans. Has nothing to o with nationality. 

Just that there are a lot of criminal foreigners around this time a Brit. People bash Thais all the time all i said is its not uncommon to find a Brit criminal and someone is offended. I guess a lot of people love to dish it out but when it comes back they are easily offended. I don't mean you specifically as I can't say i remember any posts of yours.

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

The truth is Pattaya is full of drug dealers from every country . How do you think half of these clubs and Gogos are bought ? 

Because overseas convictions are not considered relevant in Thailand. Just ask Prayut and his convicted drug dealing cohort

Archived