Very bad air quality again - November

bbi1

30 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Depends where you are.  In central Bangkok it's still "moderate" (95 US AQI) as it has been for weeks.

Checked it again, yeah it seems to have gone down to 95 now. A few hours ago it was over 150.

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Come to sunny north east Issan. Right now our nearest AQI monitoring station says we're in the green at 42.

Time for a nice country walk.

Have a nice day all.

Wait, hold up, any good food in your area?

My meter is showing 2.5 readings ...

Indoors .... under 40

At my gate ...mid 40's

Except when pickup drives past...high 50's

I live in a village off Prachachuen Rd not far from its junction with ChaengWattana....

Have to assume that my meter is correct...it does go down to nearly 0 after a while when I used an air purifier in the bedroom

27 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Wait, hold up, any good food in your area?

Oh we have plenty of that too. And most of it grows right around us.

But I don't know were you get the idea that they eat dogs though @Jip99. Maybe it's so in the Vietnamese communities as I believe they have a taste for canine dishes. But not in my neck of the woods.

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:
9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Ddue I want it cooked!

Wife is a very good cook. Stop trying to wind me up. It's a nice day and it ain't gonna work.

Have a good one yourself. ????

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Wife is a very good cook. Stop trying to wind me up. It's a nice day and it ain't gonna work.

Have a good one yourself. ????

Im going to a hotel buffet for brunch then. Then maybe a manly pit stop.  Then go home to take a nap with a disgustingly swollen belly. Thailand sucks doesnt it?

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

But I don't know were you get the idea that they eat dogs though @Jip99. Maybe it's so in the Vietnamese communities as I believe they have a taste for canine dishes. But not in my neck of the woods.

Regrettably?, from early experiences of Pattaya bar/massage workers. Whenever Sakhon Nakhon was mentioned as a home town the subject of “kin ma” also cropped up.

I imagine it is probably more of a rural village thing and I know it happens in my own province of Buriram.

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Regrettably?, from early experiences of Pattaya bar/massage workers. Whenever Sakhon Nakhon was mentioned as a home town the subject of “kin ma” also cropped up.

I imagine it is probably more of a rural village thing and I know it happens in my own province of Buriram.

Well, you've hit on the right area as there is quite a large Vietnamese presence in Sakon Nakhon province. The northern shore of Nong Han Lake is almost entirely Vietnamese. But I've never heard of 'kin ma' in my area to the east of Sakon Nakhon.

Must mention the lovely clear air here again before someone shouts 'off topic'. ????

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

My meter is showing 2.5 readings ...

Indoors .... under 40

At my gate ...mid 40's

Except when pickup drives past...high 50's

I live in a village off Prachachuen Rd not far from its junction with ChaengWattana....

Have to assume that my meter is correct...it does go down to nearly 0 after a while when I used an air purifier in the bedroom

Even though I have very recently passed rather a lot of gas I now note that the 2.5 reading has dropped to 15 and it is showing AQI the same...

On 11/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Moonlover said:

Last year or so the government culled many soidogs who were rabies infested.

Next day some locals had dug them up and ate them on the bbq....

It was written here on the forum...

9 minutes ago, Thian said:

Last year or so the government culled many soidogs who were rabies infested.

Next day some locals had dug them up and ate them on the bbq....

It was written here on the forum...

Hearsay on both counts. Especially when it's written 'here on the forum'.

55 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Hearsay on both counts. Especially when it's written 'here on the forum'.

Alright, so you don't believe the news on this forum? Then what are you doing here mate? Get tired of guys like you.

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Alright, so you don't believe the news on this forum? Then what are you doing here mate? Get tired of guys like you.

OK fair cop. I hadn't seen or heard of that article. But you did say it was 'written here', not that it was a news article.

Was is notable is that there is a sizable Vietnamese community in that area as we were discussing earlier. They are, of course 'naturalized Thai citizens now, so they would qualify as 'Thai youths'.

The Vietnamese are well known for being dog eaters.

Sorry for doubting you.

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

BKK air is very bad again today......????

Yep, about 150 on the US AQI scale today. Thai people don't seem concerned though the past few days or ever since many months ago when the news were talking about it. Only the usual few wearing surgical masks which do nothing. Thai people don't care anymore or the news haven't been covering the pollution levels these days?

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yep, about 150 on the US AQI scale today. Thai people don't seem concerned though the past few days or ever since many months ago when the news were talking about it. Only the usual few wearing surgical masks which do nothing. Thai people don't care anymore or the news haven't been covering the pollution levels these days?

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it.  Try getting a 4 year old to always wear his mask!  I would move if I could, but my job is here.  At least it's not as bad as Delhi, yet.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it.  Try getting a 4 year old to always wear his mask!  I would move if I could, but my job is here.  At least it's not as bad as Delhi, yet.

I've seen very young Thai kids wear masks with their parents (even though they were the useless surgical masks). Teach them young and you should succeed.

Archived