Very bad air quality again - November

bbi1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I've seen very young Thai kids wear masks with their parents (even though they were the useless surgical masks). Teach them young and you should succeed.

We have a proper one for our kid (purchased in the UK) but he hates it.  It's unrealistic to wear it all day anyway, so there's no avoiding some of the pollution.  I've come to the conclusion that we have to live the poor air quality here - tinkering with masks and purifiers helps, but moving is really the only real solution.  I worry when it gets into the "purple" zone.

More and more the poor air quality in Bangkok and the rest of the country is making me re-think if I want to spend as much time in Thailand as I was previously planning.  Last December and January were pretty bad and makes me think that maybe elsewhere in the region or a different continent might be a better choice.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:31 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

More and more the poor air quality in Bangkok and the rest of the country is making me re-think if I want to spend as much time in Thailand as I was previously planning.  Last December and January were pretty bad and makes me think that maybe elsewhere in the region or a different continent might be a better choice.

Ive been living here for 12 years, and in Feb was the first time I saw the `black swan`, never thought pollution would be the reason to live, its a boiling frong thing, it aint getting better. Since then Ive doubled my efforts to increase my income online and rely less on my BKK business. I will probably leave in Feb or so when the pollution kicks in again. 

On another thread people are discussing air purifiers for their homes, this is crazy.

3 hours ago, Mansinthe said:

After 6 months BKK Thailand my wife and me are back in Germany.

Airquality in September and October was really bad in bkk. And we are both still caughing all the time.

Currently the AQI in the area were we are located is at “ 8 “. The next small town with 200k people near us is at “13“

Hell of a difference to the 40~150+ in Thailand. 

Today BKK was in the Red "unhealthy" zone of closer to the 200 US AQI. Only saw about two Thai people using 3M N95 masks besides myself. Funny how Thai people don't care or aren't aware of the pollution as about 90% of people weren't even wearing a surgical mask.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, JAS21 said:

My meter is showing 2.5 readings ...

Indoors .... under 40

At my gate ...mid 40's

Except when pickup drives past...high 50's

I live in a village off Prachachuen Rd not far from its junction with ChaengWattana....

Have to assume that my meter is correct...it does go down to nearly 0 after a while when I used an air purifier in the bedroom

Any recommendations on which air purifiers are good?

I agree with the other poster who says that anyone staying in Chiang Mai or Bangkok for that matter must be mentally ill. 

I certainly am as I'm back in Canada and it is just incredible how much I breathe better. Only a mentally ill person would want to come back.... But I love Bangkok and I'm very bored in Toronto where pm2. 5 is at 13 today. I mean how good can sex be in Thailand when you're choking on particles and spitting black gunk instead of protein on your partners breasts? 

On November 4, 2019 at 10:01 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

We have a proper one for our kid (purchased in the UK) but he hates it.  It's unrealistic to wear it all day anyway, so there's no avoiding some of the pollution.  I've come to the conclusion that we have to live the poor air quality here - tinkering with masks and purifiers helps, but moving is really the only real solution.  I worry when it gets into the "purple" zone.

Pretty sad to sacrifice the life of your child, perhaps look for a job elsewhere?

On 11/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, bbi1 said:

Any recommendations on which air purifiers are good?

I have Air purifier (MCK55TVM6)   and Air purifier (MC40UVM6)  both seem to work well and reasonably quite unless on full speed ..I maybe would have looked at something cheaper if I had to buy at full price.

Archived