17,000-strong police provide security measures during 35th ASEAN Summit

rooster59

17,000-strong police provide security measures during 35th ASEAN Summit

tewit kemtong

aa16e2cccc43ed6305006759d0f20a6c.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Royal Thai Police have dispatched a 17,000-strong force to provide security during the 35th ASEAN Summit and related summits from November 2 to November 4, 2019.

Deputy Royal Thai Police Spokesperson Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen, confirmed today the personnel are ready to provide security measures during the 35th ASEAN Summit, with the Royal Thai Police operations center being used as an ad hoc center for the monitoring of the situation, and gathering of intelligence around the clock.

In addition, all police units have been instructed to take strict measures to screen people coming in and out of the country during the Summit. Motorcades and security personnel are provided for ASEAN leaders attending the Summit and will definitely prevent any attempt to spoil the atmosphere of the Summit.

The Traffic Police Division has advised motorists to avoid traffic congestion which might occur on the routes being provided for ASEAN leaders and other attendees to travel to and from the Summit venue. The Traffic Police Division has suggested the use of expressways during the affected hours. Members of the public may make inquiries about their travel plans by calling Hotline 1197 or 1599 around the clock.

Tourist Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Chettha Komolwattana, has inspected Tourist Police personnel on duty in Pathumwan area, Siam Paragon trade center, BTS Siam station and Skywalk area to ensurethe confidence of tourists during the 35th ASEAN Summit. Suspicious-looking objects have been checked since October 26. Nothing unusual has been found as yet.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-11-03

42 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

ASEAN leaders attending the Summit and will definitely prevent any attempt to spoil the atmosphere of the Summit.

I have noticed just yesterday they are all over the place around Bangkok, even inside the BTS stations scaring tourists. They are everywhere, like ants at a picnic.

Pity help anyone who spoils the atmosphere and causes embarrassment to the great one. Be warned, there will be NO mercy for anyone who commits the heinous crime of "atmosphere spoiling". 

Good security measures in place by the RTP, as would be the case anywhere else in the world for an international event such as the ASEAN summit.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha obviously being the chairperson and speaker will be host to some high level Prime Ministers & the President of the US.

great for Thailand and good job by the Prime Minister & the RTP. :jap:

Capture.khunprayut1.PNG.96b6f39518cd7ed1250f86a3a4c64172.PNG

Ok 17,000 police, who's counting? and where's the navy and airforce in all of this? what? no seal team no crack commandos? and what pray tell they need so many police there? does anything make sense in this country where the sublime the the ridiculous are all mixed up so much so you can't tell them apart?...

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good security measures in place by the RTP, as would be the case anywhere else in the world for an international event such as the ASEAN summit.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha obviously being the chairperson and speaker will be host to some high level Prime Ministers & the President of the US.

Trump did not go. The whole thing is a joke except for China always trying to make headway by worming their way into a country and then later strangle-holding them. But there are a lot of attendees for sure. Here is who went: U.S. national security adviser Robert C. O’Brien and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross will

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Exactly. My only problem is that there are too many cops around down in those areas and it reminds me of China and all those other places in Europe where you have cops everywhere. waay to much of a buzz kill. Thank god for seeing this topic, I was going to head downtown so to speak and get me some grub, notice that I forgot SINCE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON that this is going on. Wow.

This ASEAN SUMMIT will attract a lot of attention internationally as Asia continues to expand and develop.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has already met with many dignitaries including India's PM and others to discuss trade and bilateral relations.

Well done Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha and well done Thailand for hosting such an event.

image.png.b2b2879e0c38c42618a827833d9ef8a2.png

26 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has already met with many dignitaries including India's PM and others to discuss trade and bilateral relations.

Well done Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha and well done Thailand for hosting such an event.

He will not understand everyone.

He not speak English. They not speak thai.

i think Thanatorn Future Forward be good for this thing international.

Next time?

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He will not understand everyone.

He not speak English. They not speak thai.

i think Thanatorn Future Forward be good for this thing international.

Next time?

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha does speak some English and he has a translator on hand if needed.

48 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha does speak some English and he has a translator on hand if needed.

Good to know he has a translator on hand. We wouldn't want people to think that a man who was the commander in chief of a sovereign nation’s army, and current prime minister married to a former English teacher, has less grasp of the English language than a bar girl. 

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I love your deadpan humor ????

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It was on the news yesterday showing the opening of the event and the outside gala having a helicopter come just overhead and then about 8-10 commandos repelling down to the ground. Now what is up with that? Extremely tacky and showing a military state.

I guess they were Prayuth and Prawit, as well as their spouses and personal secretaries. The Fuhrer and his deputy just love a grand entrance that leaves spectators standing in awe, ya know... Did any of them sing a nationalistic ode while repelling or, perhaps, flash a forearm full of expensive wristwatches?

Archived