trying to buy a condo under 1000000

parafareno

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Now that is not very smart, in my opinion. But each to their own. A 6MB condo is likely to have a better return. 

You could set the condo on fire and it would be still worth more than the car after it drove away from the dealership.

Cars are the most stupid way to <deleted> away money, except classics/muscle cars/oldtimers of course.

Ill never get people who waste money on cars, except the ones who use them for their work...

21 hours ago, fhickson said:

anything works if thats the constraint.

a better question is, can you could afford better and choose to stay, or are you there out of financial necessity?

Not here out of financial necessity, but why does that matter. I own my own place in Aus. I have built a house in a village in Issaan and visit there often. Some ppl are happy in a 20 sq mtr condo. Others are unhappy in a 100 sq mtr condo. Others still, need a house. Does not matter why I live here, it works for me. I travel for 6 months of the year.

When last did you visit Nirun? When did you live here and in which block? It sounds like it has changed a lot since you were last here.

19 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

where is it located exactly ?

Soi Chaiyaphruek ,  600 m from Beach rd. Plenty of units available last time I checked.

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33436

Baan_Suan_Lalana-11375.JPG

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33426

7 minutes ago, balo said:

Soi Chaiyaphruek ,  600 m from Beach rd. Plenty of units available last time I checked.

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33436

Baan_Suan_Lalana-11375.JPG

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33426

Looks very similar to a project off Soi Watboon,the development also has some houses mixed with condos. 

10 hours ago, rhodie said:

Not here out of financial necessity, but why does that matter. I own my own place in Aus. I have built a house in a village in Issaan and visit there often. Some ppl are happy in a 20 sq mtr condo. Others are unhappy in a 100 sq mtr condo. Others still, need a house. Does not matter why I live here, it works for me. I travel for 6 months of the year.

When last did you visit Nirun? When did you live here and in which block? It sounds like it has changed a lot since you were last here.

because its easier to tolerate living in a place like nirun when you know you have two houses as back up that you can run to.

sounds like its more of a crash pad for you then a permanent residence.

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

but what means plenty units? Under million i guess really small rooms

I rented here a few years ago, normal rent was around 7000 baht for 40 sqm studios with balcony. And western kitchen . If any of them are for sale I doubt they go for under 1 million, probably more like 1 to 2 mill. 
You can also find larger units up to 70 sqm , not sure how much they go for.  

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Look at Nirun condo pattaya 

Several have sold recently for 500k plus.

One Chinese chap bought 3 for 1.65 million baht a few weeks ago...

Bargain basement prices. 

You couldnt pay me to take one. Living amongst the cheapest charlies , alcoholics and desperates. Why would anyone want to rent there let alone buy there

44 minutes ago, madmen said:

You couldnt pay me to take one. Living amongst the cheapest charlies , alcoholics and desperates. Why would anyone want to rent there let alone buy there

True..

Although around Arunthai soi facing the school are some decent price renovations now.

It's a buyers market for sure.

Nirun is definitely on the skids.

Several friends have just locked up and not coming back..

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

Horses for courses. 

I couldn't live there either but some people enjoy that atmosphere. 

Not for me. 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

not inside your condo.

the city is a dump anyhow, makes little difference to me if it starts in the hallway, or at the front curb.

12 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Look at Nirun condo pattaya 

Several have sold recently for 500k plus.

One Chinese chap bought 3 for 1.65 million baht a few weeks ago...

Bargain basement prices. 

For a person who is, for eg, from the UK, who perhaps bought at 65 baht/£, back in 2008, he got his money back!

6 minutes ago, parafareno said:

iam trying to negotiate some condo price but the owner does not bulge......it fits me perfectly.....but she is adamant to not give any discount....

120000 to 1100000, she does not want to do it

Thats the reality. Ignore the idiotic advice off offering 50% off. They wouldn't have a clue as renters what the reality is. Try walking into 10 real estate offices and offer 50% and you will be marched out 10 out of 10

Is the property what your really want and is it in your budget and not  overpriced? If so then what you have is a FAIR deal .

Just now, madmen said:

Thats the reality. Ignore the idiotic advice off offering 50% off. They wouldn't have a clue as renters what the reality is. Try walking into 10 real estate offices and offer 50% and you will be marched out 10 out of 10

Is the property what your really want and is it in your budget and not ridiculously overpriced? If so then what you have is a FAIR deal .

i am buying it for myself, probably it will not be rented.....cause it is not currently.....

i lived in that building before and i like it.........

but I think bht will crash soon and i will loose money

Near Ban Phe (Rayong) at Mae Ramphueng Beach have 5 to 10 condos for less than 1.000.000 .. Few for less than 700k.

At Victory View Condominium (check google maps) you can find a 20 year old condo, 80 meters from the beach, 40sqm full renovated with 2 aircon for 550k baht. At the same building you can find few others 30-32sqm around 400-700k baht.

Check all the condos around these area, some look much better than pattaya. However no nightlife and beach quite ok. sweedish and russian communities around

Victory View

Rayong Condochain
And few others that i dont remember the name. Some need big renovation.

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Pattaya plaza condotel 1 has actualy some real bargain at 800 000 for 38m2 studios

(3 or 4 for sale at the moment)

the condo is old and not beautiful from outside but well maintened, clean

quiet and with a huge swimmig pool. And the view from the high levels is nice.

i know but i want the big one 555

14 minutes ago, joni08 said:

Near Ban Phe (Rayong) at Mae Ramphueng Beach have 5 to 10 condos for less than 1.000.000 .. Few for less than 700k.

At Victory View Condominium (check google maps) you can find a 20 year old condo, 80 meters from the beach, 40sqm full renovated with 2 aircon for 550k baht. At the same building you can find few others 30-32sqm around 400-700k baht.

Check all the condos around these area, some look much better than pattaya. However no nightlife and beach quite ok. sweedish and russian communities around

Victory View

Rayong Condochain
And few others that i dont remember the name. Some need big renovation.

i wonder how that one looks for 550 bht....must be a disaster....i want to stay in pattaya not rayong....

Archived