trying to buy a condo under 1000000

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are pros and cons to renting vs. owning.  For some, renting works best.  For me, the pros of owning far outweigh the cons.  I have the owner mentality and renting is not for me.  I would own eve

I wish you the best buying your dream property, but is than not rather small?   Fine for a 4 week holiday, 40sqm? Wow! Your living room most likely will incorporate your kichen plus front do

I buy a condo here, the rent I save is equivalent to a 6% return. I save my money instead, buy an Australian bank share or other bluechip for a grossed-up return of 7%. Or I get 6-10% return in the pe

Posted Images

15 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Just one more thought, buy condo that’s definitely foreign owned (ie in foreign quota), not company title.

But......if foreign quota not maxed out, can't the thai company quota be transferred to foreign quota?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But......if foreign quota not maxed out, can't the thai company quota be transferred to foreign quota?

Sure it can be transferred. But how do you know the ratio on the transfer date? You'll need to go to the land office to determine the official ratio. Also the ratio may change between the purchase and sale agreement date and the actual transfer date that occurs in the land office. Buyer beware!

Edited by Banana7
5 hours ago, thaitero said:

Condo size is really personal thing how much you need..

Very true, it also depends if you have a girlfriend or wife, having them there everyday in a studio may not be ideal, i know I'm looking forward to girls leaving after a few days with me

3 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Sure it can be transferred. But how do you know the ratio on the transfer date? You'll need to go to the land office to determine the official ratio. Also the ratio may change between the purchase and sale agreement date and the actual transfer date that occurs in the land office. Buyer beware!

i thought the juristic office maintained the ratio? rather than transport office?

24 minutes ago, talay view said:

Why not Try Pattaya Pad Condominium on Sukumvit Soi 42 Size 39 sq meters Some at 48 Sq Meters Starting at 650000

No pool there though if that matters. Any good there? seems similar to Nirun etc

2 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Well said and that is exactly how i felt 13 years ago when i bought my first condo here. I still own it and could easily double my money if i chose to sell today, but i prefer to take the 12+% yield i get from the rent i recieve for it.

All these doomsayers can't seem to grasp the idea that it's nice to own your own place and that provided you buy the right condo in the right place then it can be a fantastic investment and home. 

Remember, the Doomsday Naysayers prove themselves to be financially incompetent again and again.  Those idiots should never invest in anything, anywhere.  On that point they are correct 😉.  That said, much of the easy money has already been made in Thailand, so need to do your homework. Good hunting, perhaps look for resale units near to Pratumnak?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

'kev' went there a year ago shilling for business. It's pretty grim for my tastes.....there's a comment

Sure not for everyone, but great value for some. Both those rooms in the video are not the greatest. Many guys that have bought here have done their places up nicely. 

On 11/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Pdavies99 said:

Fine for a 4 week holiday, 40sqm? Wow! Your living room most likely will incorporate your kichen plus front door and your TV will be in touching distance from the far wall?

Concur.

I would go stir crazy after a week.....

12 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:
On 11/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, Pdavies99 said:

Fine for a 4 week holiday, 40sqm? Wow! Your living room most likely will incorporate your kichen plus front door and your TV will be in touching distance from the far wall?

Concur.

I would go stir crazy after a week...

I don't see the problem with 40 sqm ? :ermm:

What do you use your apartment for when in holydays? Mainly to take shower and to sleep, as most of time you are out. It's about the size of a nice hotel room. Way enough for me for one month.

• Like 1