trying to buy a condo under 1000000

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are pros and cons to renting vs. owning.  For some, renting works best.  For me, the pros of owning far outweigh the cons.  I have the owner mentality and renting is not for me.  I would own eve

I wish you the best buying your dream property, but is than not rather small?   Fine for a 4 week holiday, 40sqm? Wow! Your living room most likely will incorporate your kichen plus front do

I buy a condo here, the rent I save is equivalent to a 6% return. I save my money instead, buy an Australian bank share or other bluechip for a grossed-up return of 7%. Or I get 6-10% return in the pe

Posted Images

Sorry but did the OP ask about choosing between buying or renting ? so why are you all giving your opinion that HAS NOT BEEN ASKED !?!!

OP, you can find great condos for this price at View talay 1 which still look like a new building after so many years. Friends bought there and everything is perfect for 1 million.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The bigger condos don't you just end up filling it with more junk? how many sofas and tables do you need, how many bedrooms? one, two max, friends on holiday won't want to stay there. I have seen some big condos that have loads of empty unnecessary space

I totally agree. People who need more space cannot be very smart in my opinion. And it's not about money, I drive a 6MB car.

• Like 1

You would be so much better off just renting a nice condo in a safe area.  If you haven't noticed yet, there are a lot of westerners leaving Thailand.  If you still want to buy, there are some incredible deals out there from people trying to leave.  You are in a buyers market.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, thaitero said:

For that price i would consider VT 1 Studio which may be possible to get.

Cheap maintancefees, well maintained, Email newsletter for management monthly activities, 24 hour food mart and busstation to suvarnabhum at your doorstep, On baht bus route, huge pool, Bars, foodplaces, massages, atm etc can be found downstairs..

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/view-talay-1-ffetcf

yes it is clearly the best deal in Pattaya.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Sorry but did the OP ask about choosing between buying or renting ? so why are you all giving your opinion that HAS NOT BEEN ASKED !?!!

OP, you can find great condos for this price at View talay 1 which still look like a new building after so many years. Friends bought there and everything is perfect for 1 million.

but it is 32 sq m, i need at least 40 sq m

On 11/4/2019 at 1:10 AM, Lacessit said:

I buy a condo here, the rent I save is equivalent to a 6% return. I save my money instead, buy an Australian bank share or other bluechip for a grossed-up return of 7%. Or I get 6-10% return in the peer-to-peer lending market.

Guess what? I can liquidate those investments with the click of a mouse. It would take months to sell a condo, even assuming it is possible with oversupply and falling demand.

So tell me, what are you going to do when you can no longer live in Thailand due to Immigration? Or if your condo starts falling apart, and all the owners are hit with a huge levy? New neighbours are still partying at 4 am?

Dumbest post I have read in years.

Interesting about the peer to peer market. A retired investment banker was also telling me about it. Could you please PM me any details?

4 hours ago, rhodie said:

Lived here over a year. Never seen anyone in underpants in the hallways. You always get the oddball anywhere and there are 1 or 2 here. Have a look at the D block. Generally the people are great. Quiet and peaceful. Scramble parking for your car and bike. 2 nice pools. Some condos have great views. 15 minute walk to Soi Buakow.

NirunPool.jpg.9daac4f83189739f412d75d35649df18.jpg

Very reasonable rent. I know there were some problems years back, but it runs pretty well now. It works if you are happy in a 40 sq mtr condo. Although there are many double units available if you prefer larger. 

Works for me and all the guys I know that live here. 

anything works if thats the constraint.

a better question is, can you could afford better and choose to stay, or are you there out of financial necessity?

Edited by fhickson
  • Haha 1
On 11/4/2019 at 5:10 AM, Lacessit said:

I buy a condo here, the rent I save is equivalent to a 6% return. I save my money instead, buy an Australian bank share or other bluechip for a grossed-up return of 7%. Or I get 6-10% return in the peer-to-peer lending market.

Guess what? I can liquidate those investments with the click of a mouse. It would take months to sell a condo, even assuming it is possible with oversupply and falling demand.

So tell me, what are you going to do when you can no longer live in Thailand due to Immigration? Or if your condo starts falling apart, and all the owners are hit with a huge levy? New neighbours are still partying at 4 am?

Dumbest post I have read in years.

peer to peer lending at 10 points, are you talking about loan sharking? not judging just curious..

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

Interesting about the peer to peer market. A retired investment banker was also telling me about it. Could you please PM me any details?

Be very wary of the peer to peer market there are many birds coming home to roost in that financial area. It appears there was more wishful thinking than good banking practice and a few peer to peer financial groups are looking like folding in the next six months with lots of others instructed not to take no new funds by the UK financial regulators. A few in the UK are being seriously looked at by the governments financial regulators as there have been too many failed loans turning/covered up on the books. Always bear in mind if it sounds too good to be true it will invariably cost the savers and not the managers as witnessed in the latest Woodford saga.

• Like 1