BANGKOK
parafareno

trying to buy a condo under 1000000

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

I know you know but some others BM could be intersted.

And for the ''big one'' the corner unit on the top floor

she asks 1 250 000 and i doubt she is ok to go under 1 200 000

but you can still try it

is she a falang lady?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, parafareno said:

but I think bht will crash soon and i will loose money

Yes, buying now you are locking in a bad exchange rate

3 hours ago, parafareno said:

but I think bht will crash soon and i will loose money

Yes, buying now you are locking in a bad exchange rate.

The problem with these old places is the old furniture that comes with them. I think I'd pay more if they took it with them or put it in a skip

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem with these old places is the old furniture that comes with them. I think I'd pay more if they took it with them or put it in a skip

I agree, but not hard to make a condo look nice and up to western standard from the inside, pay 100k and you'll have a full IKEA room . A full western kitchen start from 30k + installation .  

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, parafareno said:

iam trying to negotiate some condo price but the owner does not bulge......it fits me perfectly.....but she is adamant to not give any discount....

120000 to 1100000, she does not want to do it

Walk away there's plenty more to choose from. If you were to share the name of the block and maybe pics many here would give you their honest opinions. And then as they say it will be up to you. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thanks 1

if they are that hard to sell, you should be able to get one pretty cheap.  I like being an owner because I can have things that most rentals don't have..inverter ac, inverter frig, three wire not water heater, special faucet, rebuilt toilet tank, led lighting without all the holes in the ceiling, and removal of all old ceiling files covered in 30 years of soot...my own wifi, my own MEA account, ability to do my own tm30, and ease of proving where I live.  Would never be a landlord at these yields, though. I paid under a million in bkk, can walk to MR T and the ferry.

IMG_20190219_185301.jpg

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, jacko45k said:

Now that is not very smart, in my opinion. But each to their own. A 6MB condo is likely to have a better return. 

Who cares the return ? I just like to have style and I don't want to look like a cheap charlie foreigner driving a $hit jap car that I would not even drive back home...

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, parafareno said:

iam trying to negotiate some condo price but the owner does not bulge......it fits me perfectly.....but she is adamant to not give any discount....

120000 to 1100000, she does not want to do it

If she is a thai woman it's just like buying a car...

They have little perceptions of depreciation. 

They just think that they bought it at say 1 million baht and five years later it has to be worth more. 

To them a baht is a baht. 

For us who are impacted by low interest rates and exchange rates,  we see the depressed market and understand why the price is reduced...

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, moontang said:

if they are that hard to sell, you should be able to get one pretty cheap.  I like being an owner because I can have things that most rentals don't have..inverter ac, inverter frig, three wire not water heater, special faucet, rebuilt toilet tank, led lighting without all the holes in the ceiling, and removal of all old ceiling files covered in 30 years of soot...my own wifi, my own MEA account, ability to do my own tm30, and ease of proving where I live.  Would never be a landlord at these yields, though. I paid under a million in bkk, can walk to MR T and the ferry.

IMG_20190219_185301.jpg

being stuck in one crappy location sucks though, especially if your not tied to one place because of work or family.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fhickson said:

being stuck in one crappy location sucks though, especially if your not tied to one place because of work or family.

Can pack my book bag and go to the beach anytime.  You are forgetting the high cost of moving.. even if you do it on the cheap.  Hours and hours of work, when all is said and done.. usually lucky if only one thing gets broken.  

• Like 1

I love renting and have moved around experienced different places. Great here as 90% of the places come furnished no need to be dragged down my a bunch of "stuff".  Could get up and go anyplace I like tomorrow with a few suitcases.

And any major government issues or problems arise I can be out with nothing major left behind.

The place I am in now in north Pattaya is new will sell for close to 2.5 to 3 million b my rent is 10,000 b a month free TV channels.

I owned houses all my life started at age 21 in the states made a bundle in Calif.  Kept my money liquid in true investments.

Which is why I can spot a fake, non transparent no one truly knows what is going on real estate market when I see it.

12,000 units for sale.  You know how long it will take for that inventory to catch up to the market?

Many many years if ever as they keep building.

If one must buy they need to negotiate very very low. 50% may be too much but 30% lower sounds good.

Also, with the desperation, some sellers are willing to carry back paper on the units.  Meaning, you put lets say 30% down and they carry the rest for 7 to 10 years you making payments at a very low interest rate or maybe 0 interest.  Like getting a loan but no bank, the seller is it. You are not putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

That is what I would do if I wanted to buy. Be smart and creative negotiate, negotiate all in your favor many of these people just want out...

Edited by bkk6060

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I love renting and have moved around experienced different places. Great here as 90% of the places come furnished no need to be dragged down my a bunch of "stuff".  Could get up and go anyplace I like tomorrow with a few suitcases.

The place I am in now in north Pattaya is new will sell for close to 2.5 to 3 million b my rent is 10,000 b a month free TV channels.

I owned houses all my life started at age 21 in the states made a bundle in Calif.  Kept my money liquid in true investments.

Which is why I can spot a fake, non transparent no one truly knows what is going on real estate market when I see it.

12,000 units for sale.  You know how long it will take for that inventory to catch up to the market?

Many many years if ever as they keep building.

If one must buy they need to negotiate very very low. 50% may be too much but 30% lower sounds good.

Also, with the desperation, some sellers are willing to carry back paper on the units.  Meaning, you put lets say 30% down and they carry the rest for 7 to 10 years you making payments at a very low interest rate or maybe 0 interest.  Like getting a loan but no bank, the seller is it. You are not putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

That is what I would do if I wanted to buy. Be smart and creative negotiate, negotiate all in your favor many of these people just want out...

the owner does not want to negotiate, she is firm with price....so <deleted> her I say.....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, parafareno said:

the owner does not want to negotiate, she is firm with price....so <deleted> her I say.....

It's her choice, choosing to play hardball, just be patient and buy a different one. It's only worth buying now if its cheap as its a bad time to buy with THB on a high and the retirement visa situation being dodgy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Move on 11,999 more out there.

• Like 1