Clean, long hotel pool non-guests can pay to swim in?

JTXR

On 11/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, smutcakes said:

I find if you walk in confidently as if you own the place in most hotels no one will pick up that you are not a guest....

Old Four Seasons now an Anatara had a nice pool out back for lengths.

Ambassador hotel in Sukhumvit 11 was one where you could just go to the pool as a non-guest. Wouldn't classify it as a long pool though but looked quite decent for a swim.

3 hours ago, Thainess said:

Try the Saen Saep Canal. Very long, warm and quite scenic, but you should try not to swallow too much of the water.

Personally I prefer to take a dip and a swim in the Chao Praya River.

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Personally I prefer to take a dip and a swim in the Chao Praya River.

Tried it too, but Saen Saep beats it hands down. If you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when those fast taxi boats come down, it's a good reason to do some really fast sprint swimming. You can also make friends with all the rats and I've even seen one or two water monitors. They aren't as friendly as the rats, being a bit shy in general.

The BTS to Gasatesaat University(KU) opens in early December which makes their pool sort of convenient if you are north of Victory Monument, a day out if further away. 80THB two 25mtr pools undercover, a 50 mtr pool with lanes. You can walk, take the free buses or mo’bike taxi from the main gate. 

Archived