Heroin, Morphine and ganja: Surat Thani immigration arrest alleged British drug dealer

webfact

Heroin, Morphine and ganja: Surat Thani immigration arrest alleged British drug dealer 

1pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

A British man has been arrested and charged with dealing in heroin, a Class 1 narcotic. 

The 36 year old was also found to be in possession of morphine (Class 2) and marijuana (Class 5). 

A picture of the suspect with vehicle registration documents, keys and money was shown on the Naew Na site. 

They said that an immigration police detail led by Capt Therdsak Thawatworakunm along with the provincial and Koh Phangan police enacted the arrest on Saturday. 

It appeared to have taken place on Koh Phangan. 

Naew Na said that the arrest was ultimately under the orders of Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang - the immigration chief - to clean up Thailand, make the country safe and stop damage to tourism being caused by foreign criminals.

They urged calls to 1178 to report people breaking the law. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-04

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
28 minutes ago, webfact said:

A British man has been arrested and charged with dealing in heroin, a Class 1 narcotic.

Plus no TM 30, ?, he's in deep sh*t.

regards worgeordie

He seems to have a work permit though. 

12 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Looks like a Thai Blue house book next to the passport, foreigners only have names in Yellow house books?

Do they take your house here if you are convicted?  

Think that’s a work permit,,I doubt it’s valid for dealing drugs though????????????

Oh dear it looks like he won't be blowing any birthday cake candles out for a very long time.

it must take the thickest of thick people to believe you can deal drugs in Thailand and not be informed on for the price a can of beer or even for the colour of your skin come to think of it.

anyway I'm sure he will have plenty of time to think about his ways and won't be doing that again.

7 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

it must take the thickest of thick people to believe you can deal drugs in Thailand and not be informed on for the price a can of beer or even for the colour of your skin come to think of it.

Correct. Around here I am the only white person and get stared at daily. This means that everyone in the village knows pretty quickly if I have bought a bottle of beer or taken the dogs for a walk. Going around trying to sell drugs would be absolutely moronic in the extreme.

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Correct. Around here I am the only white person and get stared at daily. This means that everyone in the village knows pretty quickly if I have bought a bottle of beer or taken the dogs for a walk. Going around trying to sell drugs would be absolutely moronic in the extreme.

I know what your saying.if I sold drugs in my villid within minutes the jungle drums would start beating away and I could expect a knock at the door very soon.

this story certainly seem at odds with other reports:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/british-man-arrested-on-koh-phangan-over-local-drug-charges

36 year old Matthew Beresford was stopped after “acting suspiciously”. He was riding his Harley Davidson at the time. Police searched his room found 0.4 grams of heroin, 0.2 grams of MDMA, 51 grams of morphine and 185 grams of marijuana. None of the amounts of drugs seized were trafficable quantities.

The police charged Beresford with possessing illegal drugs. They also seized his two motorbikes, a car and 15,000 baht in cash.

that 51 grams of morphine seems a tad excessive for personal use...

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Looks like a Thai Blue house book next to the passport, foreigners only have names in Yellow house books?

Foreigners with Permanent Residency get a blue house book.

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

If he financed it by drug dealing they should as they do in many countries. 2 ounces of morphine is a lot - probably a junkie back home and brought his criminal behavior with him. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na said that the arrest was ultimately under the orders of Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang - the immigration chief - to clean up Thailand, make the country safe and stop damage to tourism being caused by foreign criminals.

They urged calls to 1178 to report people breaking the law. 

It's very good to stop the drug dealers farang.
But why Thai police do not do the same with Thai people?
Who are the sponsors, the bigwigs of yaba traffic and other amphetamines flooding the country?

they are not Farang but Thai.
But the police only stop mules and the various vehicles carrying these products.
Why stop them instead of following them to find out who the bosses are?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The 36 year old

So young. That means he will enjoy many many years in prison. But he deserved it. How can someone be sooooo stupid to deal drugs in Thailand? Well, I understand. Like every criminal he thought "they will catch every other of these stupid Thai dealer, but not me because I am so super clever":

16 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

So young. That means he will enjoy many many years in prison. But he deserved it. How can someone be sooooo stupid to deal drugs in Thailand? Well, I understand. Like every criminal he thought "they will catch every other of these stupid Thai dealer, but not me because I am so super clever":

It said they don't consider the amounts traffickable.

So for personal use it's 6 months jail and deportation, maybe just deportation.

Pal of mine was caught with heroin, 1 year jail but deported after 6 months.

He could speak really good Thai after the 6 months in Bangkok jail.

not much of a tourist trade in heroin or morphine on phangan when i was local. that didnt really start to happen until you have been there for a while or arrived with an addiction.

I haven't spent much time there in the last 5 years though, and i was never tight with that scene, though you knew who was who.

10-20 years ago, there were some specific junkie beaches, not sure if that is still the case.

no shortage of needles coming off the sides of fishing boats either as i recall.

there is stupid, then there is dealing drugs from your harley.  he would have been more low key in a lambo.

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

It’s a work permit not a house book. 

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

A property can be owned by a foreigner and still have a blue house book.

If illegal activities took place there, and it appears to have been bought with the proceeds of crime, they could well try to.

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I know what your saying.if I sold drugs in my villid within minutes the jungle drums would start beating away and I could expect a knock at the door very soon.

You mean all the villagers would want to buy some?   LOL

On 11/3/2019 at 11:44 PM, Assurancetourix said:

It's very good to stop the drug dealers farang.
But why Thai police do not do the same with Thai people?
Who are the sponsors, the bigwigs of yaba traffic and other amphetamines flooding the country?

they are not Farang but Thai.
But the police only stop mules and the various vehicles carrying these products.
Why stop them instead of following them to find out who the bosses are?

You do not know who is behind this drug traffic. Usually their catch the very small fishes. Mossad is behind the cocaine traffic in South America, as the CIA uses the drug money to finance their black ops.

Archived